GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

My car hit a deer

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-05, 10:48 PM
gserep1
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wow, What A Hit

I echo the sentiments of all the other posters on here. You and your wife are truly fortunate to have escaped unhurt.

That is quite a collision there, and I am sure that the events of collison echo over and over in your memory, When I had my crash, I wondered if there was anything I could have done differently, but it is much too late for that. You probably did all you could do to keep from crashing yourself.

Now is the time to really fix it up. It looks like the damage is limited to the front. That is good. My car was totaled, and though my new car runs well, I still miss my old one.

Take care and please send pictures when your baby comes back out of the shop.

GSEREP1
Old 06-12-05, 12:42 AM
GQD_GS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jeez thats massive damage...good thing you guys are alright
Old 06-12-05, 12:49 AM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!! How big was that dear?!?!?
Old 06-12-05, 02:08 AM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

im sorry about your car and this incident... its a terrible thing, but at least you and ur wife were unhurt. it looks like quite a bit of damage, and i REALLY hope the car will drive the same when you get it back. good luck and keep ur head up
Old 06-12-05, 02:20 AM
GS3.0
Lexus Test Driver

Default ouch!

Sorry to hear about your car...im just in awe looking at the pictures...whats up with all the CL members getting into accidents lately?....i guess sheit happens ...thankfully you and your wife are ok...atleast you now have an excuse to go for a bumper/grill upgrade while its at the shop!
Old 06-12-05, 05:50 AM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JspecSC3
Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!! How big was that dear?!?!?
I guess deer didnt have to be that big to do that kind of damage since the collision was at pretty high speed.
Old 06-12-05, 06:19 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn man

they need to build fences along certain streches of highways

im glad you and you wife walked away from this
Old 06-12-05, 06:59 AM
DjFergi
Lexus Test Driver

I'm sorry to hear that. I'm glad however that you & your wife were not hurt.

-Fernando
Old 06-12-05, 07:40 AM
ARISTO*7
Lexus Champion

sorry to hear about the accident man. glad you and your wife is safe
Old 06-12-05, 07:43 AM
LStyle
Pole Position

Thanks for the kind words. That is my wife in one of the photos going . She was really mad that it happend. She knows how much I like that car. We both agree that the deer was old and terminaly ill and that it wanted to die. The airbags, luckly, did not go off. That accident is in my mind a lot. My wife feels confident that I did everything possible to avoid the accident. When the deer first appeared in front of the car it was in the center. My fear was that it would go through the windshield and we might of been hurt severly. The sudden right turn probably helped keep the deer out of the car. I already made a deal with the shop that I would order an aftermarket grill and bumper. I'm kind of leaning towards LSportline bumper and RMM grille. Does anyone have that combo? Maybe other suggestions? I will keep everyone updated with the process. Thanks again for the kind thoughts. Every accident you can walk away from is a good accident.
Old 06-12-05, 09:33 AM
SRK
Driver

The car did its job and saved you both. That's all that matters. Just think if you had been in a CRX - you wouldn't be posting here.
Last summer I was in northern BC on a trip. Stopped in a little town in the mountains. Outside the only diner in the place was a series of photos showing a Chevy Cavalier that hit a moose at about 50 mph. The antlers were on the trunk, the carcass was in the front and back seat, and the hind legs were on the hood. The driver didn't make it The point was to impress on people that driving at night, evenly slowly, is dangerous in that part of BC.
Old 06-12-05, 10:05 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SRK
The car did its job and saved you both. That's all that matters. Just think if you had been in a CRX - you wouldn't be posting here.
Last summer I was in northern BC on a trip. Stopped in a little town in the mountains. Outside the only diner in the place was a series of photos showing a Chevy Cavalier that hit a moose at about 50 mph. The antlers were on the trunk, the carcass was in the front and back seat, and the hind legs were on the hood. The driver didn't make it The point was to impress on people that driving at night, evenly slowly, is dangerous in that part of BC.

true-at least you don't have an interior clean up to do. there was a thread here a while ago with someone that hit a deer and the whole inside of the car and occupants were splattered with blood and guts. I think it was a Subaru.
Old 06-12-05, 10:26 AM
liquidsilver
Driver

I've noticed people wondering how big this deer is...well near northern border and Canada the size of the deers around are not like Bambi and his friends. These things are really big . Just last night someone hit a big deer about 4kms from my place and it's legs were all broken and he was just suffering and twitching. I think the cops showed up and shot the damn thing.

I'm just glad that you and ur wife is OK cause I hit a deer about 2 years ago and i know how it feels
Old 06-12-05, 02:03 PM
Indio
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry about your misfortune L, glad you and your wife are okay, as far as the car this temporary setback may well put you ahead, let me know if I can help.
Old 06-12-05, 02:33 PM
HKS_GS430
Pole Position

check out bambi? http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=777869

Quick Reply: My car hit a deer