GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

New Wheel Line Featured on CL member Bluelex's car

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-05, 08:18 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by aloha03gs
very nice wheels! somehow i still like the zauber gettins a little more...
Guys thanx a lot,

I honestly thought I would get bashed by putting black on my car. I totaly understand when guys say they like my gettins better thats cuz I do to these are temps until I get mine back which I just got a call this morning and should be next week ....But i can't lie I do really like the look of the blk..

Originally Posted by beauphus
lookin good Adrian...I saw those wheels in another forum in black and in silver and i thought the design was really nice especially considering cost! i have to admit i wouldve probably agreed with people telling you not to do blue/black but then again thats what makes your car one of the hottest on CL is your willingness to take risk...

i cant believe i missed DUB...Adrian start calling or emailing my dumbass and remind me of these things cause i cant even remember my birthday sometimes and i realy wanna go to these events...

BTW - Derrick @ D2 once again earns his props!! (free plug)
B- sorry man ,I've let you know about a couple shows but you seem to forget, You would have of loved this one, lots of actually nice cars instead of the blah at HIN..

Originally Posted by ted920
Wow, the wheels look AWESOME!

Excellent look and price seems to be right.

Maybe my next set of wheels will be 1 piece Donz.

I like the 3-piece look to them and the lips are sweet.

Are the lips really chrome and not polished.

If chrome, that really be nice.

Ted
T- thanx man, Yes they are chrome lips not polished, no hairline scratches on these after you wipe. If my was blk i would stick with these...

Originally Posted by chicagoblknazn
They look awesome on the ride. Great wheel choice.

Before I got my wheels from Derrick, I was inquiring about the same wheels at a local wheel shop here in chicago. I saw them on cars in the book and I loved them. Plus the name is just hot too. i decided against it though because they were two sizes bigger then I wanted and pretty expensive at the wheel shop. Derrick talked me into 19s and I'm happy.

These Columbos provide a great option for those who can't push the limits of their budget, which is most people with real lives. They provide great wheels that aren't too heavy, great finishes and the lip is great. They look just like the hard-to-get Gettins. I love them. I want that lip.

Thank you very much, D2 really helped me quick with these just in time for this past show, his retailers are great and quick and they came already mounted,balanced with h- rings and nuts with enough wrapping paper to protect to cover my house..

Originally Posted by Gs Dreams
dammit man can your car get any betta blue lex? u know there are other people out there still trying to catch up. u should take some time off on modding that bad boy
Thanx man I appreciate it but I did take time off from April 04-Dec 04 I didn't do anything but save and plan. Its now that the plans are coming together..
Old 06-15-05, 08:19 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts
Default ...

Hmmm...not too shabby, looks like a cross between one of them LSportline wheels and a Gettins. But yeah, I prefer the gettins
Old 06-15-05, 08:21 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jmjs23
after looking at these pics a million times since yesterday, Im debating now between these and the graphite sevas 19's (that look a lot like the work equips to me)....

I met the guys from sevas over the weekend and saw the wheels in person and must say they look great aswell, the finish on the chrome and lips was a+ plus they are some really cool people, very family orianted and professional, good people.
Old 06-15-05, 08:31 AM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Thosa are pretty damn sharp! I'm not a fan of black wheels (as a marketing guy they drive me nuts 'cause you can't see the style in photographs), but they look great with the black interior. What can I say, I am a sucker for 5-spoke wheels on the GS!

I think that wheel offers great bang for the buck!

Do they also fit the Chrysler 300 C. Same bolt pattern.
By the way, the 300C is actually 5x115, not 5x114.3. Most people using 5x114.3 wheels on these cars are technically getting it wrong!

BH
Old 06-15-05, 10:06 AM
ted920
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SoCalSC4
Thosa are pretty damn sharp! I'm not a fan of black wheels (as a marketing guy they drive me nuts 'cause you can't see the style in photographs), but they look great with the black interior. What can I say, I am a sucker for 5-spoke wheels on the GS!

I think that wheel offers great bang for the buck!

By the way, the 300C is actually 5x115, not 5x114.3. Most people using 5x114.3 wheels on these cars are technically getting it wrong!

BH
Does this mean that one can put the 5 X 114.3 wheels on a 300C but its just not optimal?

Will 5 X 114.3 work on a 300C and what would be the down side of putting a 5 X 114.3 wheel on a 300C when its supposed to be 5 X 115?

Sorry for the questions.

thanks,
Ted
Old 06-15-05, 10:14 AM
Hudini
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

after looking at these pics a million times since yesterday, Im debating now between these and the graphite sevas 19's (that look a lot like the work equips to me)....
Mark.... I say get these joints!! You can always add black hints around your ride to bring it together. These rims are VERY nice and it is an excellent value. Plus the lip action is amazing!!

I would would cop these in a heatbeat but first I need a body to put it on.

Nice whip Adrian...I was always a fan of your ride!!
Old 06-15-05, 10:50 AM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hudini
Mark.... I say get these joints!! You can always add black hints around your ride to bring it together. These rims are VERY nice and it is an excellent value. Plus the lip action is amazing!!

I would would cop these in a heatbeat but first I need a body to put it on.

Nice whip Adrian...I was always a fan of your ride!!
Brotha Kimo..yeah, definitely leaning more towards these. Now I just have to follow D2's advice and "photoshop" Adrian's car to green to get a better visual on how they might look on my ride.
Old 06-15-05, 10:54 AM
Mrbig
Lead Lap

Default Wheels???

Looking good, there def nice and look better because of the brake kit thats for sure!!!
Old 06-15-05, 11:08 AM
GS3Tek

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Neo
Nice but I still like the Gettins better.
These would look good on a black car though
These black sevas took my eyes away from the jp tails
Old 06-15-05, 12:42 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Brotha Kimo..yeah, definitely leaning more towards these. Now I just have to follow D2's advice and "photoshop" Adrian's car to green to get a better visual on how they might look on my ride.
JMJ - dont forget that the wheels are also availible in silver, which I have seen on a Imperial Jade GS and it looks really clean! Black is not the only option.

We look forward to earning your business

Last edited by D2-AUTOSPORT; 06-15-05 at 01:00 PM.
Old 06-15-05, 12:46 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by chicagoblknazn
They look awesome on the ride. Great wheel choice.

Before I got my wheels from Derrick, I was inquiring about the same wheels at a local wheel shop here in chicago. I saw them on cars in the book and I loved them. Plus the name is just hot too. i decided against it though because they were two sizes bigger then I wanted and pretty expensive at the wheel shop. Derrick talked me into 19s and I'm happy.

These Columbos provide a great option for those who can't push the limits of their budget, which is most people with real lives. They provide great wheels that aren't too heavy, great finishes and the lip is great. They look just like the hard-to-get Gettins. I love them. I want that lip.

Yeah man, I remember that, you were scared to go with 19s and look at you now!! LOL The toughest thing with the one piece game is getting everything at once!! This wheel comes VERY VERY close but doesnt come in chrome!!! In due time there will be more choices

I have to agree with your last comment as well. There are many people that simply do not WANT to spend more than "xxx" for a set of wheels/tires, for whatever the reason. At the same time we strive to find suitable alternatives, not just something round and shiny to "pimp yo rizz-zide!!" LOL More to come!!
Old 06-15-05, 01:09 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by aloha03gs
very nice wheels! somehow i still like the zauber gettins a little more...
oh i forgot o say, i like the gettins more too
Old 06-16-05, 08:10 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

UPDATE!! New Price!!

Hey Everyone, I got together with our distributer and worked a EVEN BETTER price on this package. Please note the new introductory price:

$2575.00 including TIRES, LUGS, HUBRINGS, MOUNTING, and ROAD-FORCE BALANCING (this is very important as its not just a joe schmoo balancing job)

Also, please be advised that this is a introductory offer and availilbility, market pricing fluctuations, and shipping cost fluctutations can have a impact on pricing.
Old 06-16-05, 06:09 PM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
JMJ - dont forget that the wheels are also availible in silver, which I have seen on a Imperial Jade GS and it looks really clean! Black is not the only option.

We look forward to earning your business
D2...if you have any pictures off either black or silver on an Imperial Jade, or ever come across some, please feel free to foward them to me. Right now, I cant get the right visual of the black one's on my green car..
Old 06-16-05, 06:34 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

D2...if you have any pictures off either black or silver on an Imperial Jade, or ever come across some, please feel free to foward them to me. Right now, I cant get the right visual of the black one's on my green car..
off the top of my head I can only think of silver on jade, if I can find the pics I will forward them via pm

Quick Reply: New Wheel Line Featured on CL member Bluelex's car