GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

New Wheel Line Featured on CL member Bluelex's car

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-05, 09:47 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Wheel Line Featured on CL member Bluelex's car

Hello Everyone, I'd like to share pics of a wheel line that we now offer called Donz wheels. Donz has multi-piece forged , single piece cast, and a new single piece staggered cast line of wheels. The forged multipiece sell for the normal 3pc chrome forged prices, but the single piece staggered line is a great cost effective alternative, and the wheels have a great finish, and construction. One of the most attractive features of these wheels is the fact that they clear most bbk kits (front and rear)!!

In a unlikely, but benficial turn of events, CL member bluelex contacted us because he needed a set of alternate wheels for a upcoming carshow on a very short window of time. We also wanted to find a suitable vehicle to really showcase the new wheels. With much appreciated assistance from our distributer and supplier we were able to have the wheels on his car within 5 business days!

Here are some specs on the wheels

DONZ COLUMBO
20x8.5 - 2.5" lip
20x10 - 3.5" lip
Gloss Black Face / CHROME lip
CLEARS MOST BBK KITS!!!! - cleared the Rotora 14" 4pot front and rear setup with .75" LEFT OVER in the front and .5" LEFT OVER in the rear!
NITTO 555
235/35-20 FR
275/30-20 RR
INTRODUCTORY SPECIAL PACKAGE PRICE - $2699.00 SHIPPED

UPDATE!! New Price!!

Hey Everyone, I got together with our distributer and worked a EVEN BETTER price on this package. Please note the new introductory price:]

$2575.00 SHIPPED
including TIRES, LUGS, HUBRINGS, MOUNTING, and ROAD-FORCE BALANCING (this is very important as its not just a joe schmoo balancing job)

Also, please be advised that this is a introductory offer and availilbility, market pricing fluctuations, and shipping cost fluctutations can have a impact on pricing.

FYI, these wheels are availible in silver finish, 18" (non -stagg), 19" staggered. Also various bolt patterns and offsets to fit different vehicles are availilble.

On to the pics!

Last edited by D2-AUTOSPORT; 06-16-05 at 08:15 AM.
Old 06-14-05, 10:02 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice but I still like the Gettins better. At least these have the needed BBK clearance.
Old 06-14-05, 10:20 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Nice but I still like the Gettins better. At least these have the needed BBK clearance.
Iknew people would say this when he showed me the pics but A you know how I feel, it is an absolute awesome look to your car. It actually transforms the car into a whol enew one. I really really like them bro.
Old 06-14-05, 10:23 AM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

adrian, very nice man... its all about those mods that you do that poeple question that make ur car stick out. dont get me wrong, i love the gettins, but these are a nice look to go w/ur black and blue car
Old 06-14-05, 10:33 AM
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

Question Weight??

Just curious (and others probably will be too) how much these wheels weigh?

Thanks, jd
Old 06-14-05, 10:47 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One word DAM those are sick I love the new look,way to go it really set's it off really nice Nice choice was this a freebe for you or did it cost you a few $$$$
Old 06-14-05, 11:07 AM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

most people would look at this setup and wonder about the black wheels....once you see the interior it all just clicks like a **** !!!!! Damn, man....that is some impressive ish right there. !!! Nice job Adrian and Derrick !!! Classy, racy, and somewhat aggressive all at the same time

D, I need to talk to you soon about something new. I'll PM ya.
Old 06-14-05, 11:43 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This wheel caught my eye months ago when it first came out. It's a really nice looking wheel. Leave it to Adrian to pull the trigger on something like this. There are too many members who think one piece wheels are some sort of bad evil thing. Nice to see a veteran break the mold. The main issue is quality. Every 3 piece wheel is not great quality. Every 1 piece wheel is not bad quality.
Back on topic. The wheels look great. I would prefer color matching the paint but this looks great...matching the interior. Good job D and Adrian.
Old 06-14-05, 12:01 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

1st off I really want to thank D2-Autosport and his distributers for thier great ,quick,last second service. They were very professional and on point with what my quick budget, time frame, and clearance issues were and help me achieve all this just in time for this weekends past show.

Before I get more pm's regarding if I sold or if I am selling my gettins the answer is no. My Gettins were sent to cally for some professional upgrades and were delayed more time than I could be without. I was looking for replacement wheels to use temporary since my car was in the air on four horses until they came back. I got the bad news that they weren't going to be ready for another 4 weeks and I had a couple major shows coming my way. I also do need my car at least 2 times a week so I couldn't be without a 2nd car. Called in to D2-autosport for support and these were found in the qucikest time frame, right size, pricerange, and clearance looked good so my last choice was silver or black, no chrome was availble. I'll be honest silver on blue is cool but not for me plus I figured why not try something diferent for a short period of time just to see. I asked for the black cuz I thought it would flow real nice with my black and blue theme on the car plus I had a display item made for shows that carried the same theme. As usual my buddy Derrick not D2-autosport thought I shouldn't do black until he saw them on the car and than understood.

They came in and I was actually shocked that they didn't weigh that much for 1pc cast, they're not light but not heavy, sorry I didn't weigh them but I will. I throw on the fronts and they cleared my brakes with .75 inches still left over up front and cleared my rear brakes with about .5 inches to spare with no spacers. Just Crazy I thought!! The nittos actually ride really really well and the matching look of the 235/35 to the 275/30 side wall is perfect another great call by D2...

In all honestly I really like the look, I love my gettins and will be a chrome guy for life but these have put some thoughts in my head,plus the love at Dubs was crazy and well anywhere I have gone has been real positive.

Last edited by bluelex; 06-14-05 at 12:14 PM.
Old 06-14-05, 12:08 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Dang A. These are your backup rims? Baller is all I can say.
Old 06-14-05, 12:25 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LEXUS_KID
One word DAM those are sick I love the new look,way to go it really set's it off really nice Nice choice was this a freebe for you or did it cost you a few $$$$

Thank you, but these were by no means free. There was some promotional consideration given but nothing substantial that would be close to free.

Thanx to all you guys. It was a chance we took but I thought it would be nice to try something different for a period of time to see the reception and also the look of the car in a sinister stage. It takes a lot to look at something with an open mind instead of just saying I hate it without taking in the full effect of the theme shown.

Reg- I do agree with you, there are 3pc wheels that are junk and 1pc wheels that are nicely made and also a lot more of the opposite but i can honestly say that the finish and quality of these wheels is pretty darn good show far. the Lips,fake bolts ,finish on the black is flawless on mine. they also painted the inner barrel black which is really nice aswell. they ride great and have tons of room for any brakes imo. I think they are a good bang for the buck. we'll see how they hold up over the next month or so and if I see any issues I will always be honest. So far so good.

Neo- I wish buddy, I really do wish. These probably have to go in a couple months with the summer project in full swing I don't think I can have this kind of money sitting around when my wheels get back, we'll see,Thanx for looking.

Last edited by bluelex; 06-14-05 at 12:29 PM.
Old 06-14-05, 12:31 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That looks really good imo!!
Congrats buddy.
Old 06-14-05, 12:45 PM
HI98GS
Lexus Test Driver

if those were in chrome, I would almost think that they were L-sportlines with a different center cap. Nice looking rim
Old 06-14-05, 12:46 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

looks sinister adrain i like them
Old 06-14-05, 12:50 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Wow those wheel look hot.

Quick Reply: New Wheel Line Featured on CL member Bluelex's car