GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

CL brings home 3 awards from DUB Miami 05(Lex pics inside 56k sorry)

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-05, 11:57 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Neo
That's the RMM SC that belonged to kyle3481. kyle3481 had it fitted to his SC430 so it was bolt on for Rick vs having to get all the custom work done on a standard RMM SC.
Not exactly bolt on from what he told me, some adjustments had to made and rick as usual is making upgrades to it so its really going to be nice when finished.
Old 06-16-05, 12:01 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GS300Rich
Congrats Adrian on the well deserved wins. Your hard work and attention to detail really shows in these pics and you were rewarded for it. What wax do you use, that shine is blinding Congrats again

Rich

Thanx a lot Rich, I always have used Maguires NXT liquid wax for shows and NXT quick wax inbetween. I wax everytime I wash the car which is about 2-3 times a week now that I have a garage..

Last edited by bluelex; 06-16-05 at 12:05 PM.
Old 06-16-05, 12:01 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bluelex
Not exactly bolt on from what he told me, some adjustments had to made and rick as usual is making upgrades to it so its really going to be nice when finished.
I am sure there were adjustments but it was probably closer than going from a vanilla RMM unit.
Old 06-16-05, 12:03 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Neo
I am sure there were adjustments but it was probably closer than going from a vanilla RMM unit.
No, kyle definately did the hard part. its definately a much easier starting base than a stock rmm unit for a 400 to convert to a 430..much props given
Old 06-16-05, 12:08 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

can't believe these wheels are on GB for 2575 with tires shipped!!!
Man, I missed a great deal!
Old 06-16-05, 01:21 PM
WhiteTiger
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow great pics A, and congrats on another great showing!

The new shoes look awesome! (so does everything else!). Great showing by the Lexus dudes.

Rick, 00lexusondubs, that red looks great and with the SC I bet it hauls!
Old 06-16-05, 01:53 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by bluelex
yeah he had to make some brackets and such to make sure it fits. he also had to bring his car to xs engineering for another piggy back i believe
Old 06-16-05, 02:24 PM
malcolmz3o
Rookie

Beautiful beautiful beautiful man! Congrats...how bout some interior shots?
Old 06-16-05, 05:03 PM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

adrian,
first off nice meeting you and derrick, we had a little more time to talk this time compared to HIN orlando,

2nd. CL won 3 trphies, i brought home 3rd place 4 door mild.. i was a spot behind you

ROMINL,
the kit DID not fit, andrew didnt send any of the superc harger bolts, or spacers, also none of the computer systems could be salavaged becauseXS engineering could provide no info on how to install, i had to go witha halltech interceoptor, this ended up costinf me about 1500 more than what i paid, so basically i started from scratch with the exception of the custom bracket that was made, (which is a really nice bracket)

MOTU1, yeah this has been done in jacksonville, at STAGE 6 motorsports,

the DUB show was a good show in the long run tho, i was a bit disspoint3ed as i was too going for best lexus, but adrian;s car looked nice and clean,

my caf is back in shop gettin some more goodies installed under hood and then a bunch of new goodies on the way for NOPI atlanta.

anyways.. i got some pics of the show that i too will post soon
rick
Old 06-16-05, 05:24 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00lexondub
adrian,
first off nice meeting you and derrick, we had a little more time to talk this time compared to HIN orlando,

2nd. CL won 3 trphies, i brought home 3rd place 4 door mild.. i was a spot behind you

ROMINL,
the kit DID not fit, andrew didnt send any of the superc harger bolts, or spacers, also none of the computer systems could be salavaged becauseXS engineering could provide no info on how to install, i had to go witha halltech interceoptor, this ended up costinf me about 1500 more than what i paid, so basically i started from scratch with the exception of the custom bracket that was made, (which is a really nice bracket)

MOTU1, yeah this has been done in jacksonville, at STAGE 6 motorsports,

the DUB show was a good show in the long run tho, i was a bit disspoint3ed as i was too going for best lexus, but adrian;s car looked nice and clean,

my caf is back in shop gettin some more goodies installed under hood and then a bunch of new goodies on the way for NOPI atlanta.

anyways.. i got some pics of the show that i too will post soon
rick
I'm sorry Rick I didn't know that you also took home a trophy, I wasn't there when they announced the mild car classes, I got there when they started the "best of " stuff, it wasn't until I walked up and asked that they told me about the Mild trophy I got. after the show you didn't mention anything to me and since i missed that part of the classes i didn't know. dam we should have taken some group shots afterwards with the hardware. i'm going to edit my title now..
Old 06-16-05, 05:59 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Adrian, as I said at the show, I really think the black wheels do one thing that the Gettins dont, it forces a average person to really absorb all the subtle details of the car!! Normally with chrome people just walk up and stare at the wheels/lips, but with the black, I noticed that every person walked up and really looked the ENTIRE car, brakes, tailights complimenting each other, wheels / trunk / interior / engine / custom 2-tone rug all following the same color scheme, and last but not least that damn paint!!! You guys have no idea but Adrians paint is the deepest SPG I have ever seen!! Its truly a different color now!!

Big congrats, glad we could help out!

Hey Rick, nice to meet you as well, you were like a magician at the show, appearing for minutes and then disappearing for hours!! LOL You must have had a hospitality suite stashed away somewhere!!

I had no idea you had to go to such lengths to get the S/C to fit / work on the car! Thumbs up to you. Also why the hell didnt you bring you trophy over after the show for pics?? I had no idea you won either!!
Old 06-16-05, 10:49 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

umm sorry to hear about the sc problem. i guess xs engineering didn't want people to find out what they are up to huh?
Old 06-17-05, 06:53 AM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

actaully XS was very helpful, the computer system was purchased from a compnay that went out of business shortyly after, the company was based in austrailia, so xs couldnt really help, they ould only help with advice, which was useful, the guys at XS are nice guys
Old 06-17-05, 08:04 AM
superpats
Lexus Test Driver

WOW! Sweet rides Adrian and Rick. Way to rep CL.
Old 06-17-05, 08:30 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 00lexondub

ROMINL,
well did he atleast give you a reson why it was not a complete package after you spent all that money ?/

Quick Reply: CL brings home 3 awards from DUB Miami 05(Lex pics inside 56k sorry)