GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

FINALLY: some pictures of my ride!!! (updated w/NEW pics of whole car on page 5)

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-05, 09:27 AM
koreanpers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that body kit looks yummy
Old 06-19-05, 07:33 PM
QuikLex
Pole Position

Beautiful car man! I love that rear bumper!!
Old 06-20-05, 12:31 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by LXOGOOD
Mo, you weren't kidding man. Your car looks like my twin when I had the BR5's. Car looks fantastic man... Keep up the great work on it.
hahaa so you are glad that you got some different wheels now?
Old 06-28-05, 09:07 PM
Shnerez420
Lead Lap

Im about to buy the d1 for my gs but im still about reluctant to take the plunge... can you post another pic but in the light please.
Thanks!
Old 06-28-05, 11:50 PM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Shnerez420
Im about to buy the d1 for my gs but im still about reluctant to take the plunge... can you post another pic but in the light please.
Thanks!
cant say that i do, but give me some time, ill get it as soon as i can... i love it tho, EXCELLENT addition
Old 06-29-05, 06:28 AM
Shnerez420
Lead Lap

Wait... I just realized your in NJ... where in NJ are you?
Im in Long Branch NJ.
Old 06-29-05, 07:35 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexis11
Guys this player does NOT play DVD's, you have to add a separate dvd player if you want to watch them on this screen. When we do these we will put the dvd player where the factory changer goes.
how come you guys didnt/arent opting to go with the eclipse avn2454? if you havent committed to buying anything yet... ive had this deck for months now, and many others from eclipse and sony, etc. before this one and ive got to say that this deck is top notch, one of the best ive ever had. navi, touchscreen, dual dvd and cd drive, mp3, keyhole backup camera add on, etc etc etc etc etc check it out HERE ... this is a top notch unit overall, ontop of the fact that there would be no need to add on an additional player for dvd's, the sound processing capabilities of this thing are so amazing, its one of the most crystal clear sounding headunits ive ever owned. ive got this headunit paired up with the XM, ADS's in all four doors, keyhole backup cam, eclipse aluminum 12's in the back, two eclipse amps, an eclipse changer and two caps and i wouldnt trade off any of this **** for a long time.... ***** i just looked back and saw the way my post reads and i definitely must sound like an eclipse rep or something, lol. dont worry im far from it just love the sound of good music with top notch clarity and want to try to steer people in the right direction. ive also been using the navi for a while some time and it has always been right on point.

Last edited by upstateGS4; 06-29-05 at 07:39 AM.
Old 06-29-05, 07:51 AM
Shnerez420
Lead Lap

Hey Upstate,
You have any pics of your Eclipse inside your car?
It does seem like the Eclipse offers a bit more.
It seems like you get the DVD player already installed in the Eclipse, but can you run the Navi while the DVD is playing?
Can you make the player play dvd's while the car is moving?
Can you connect it to your stock CD changer?
Do they make the ipod hookup like they do for the pioneer where it will actually read the songs and artists on the screen?
Lastly, where in NY are you ?
THanks!
Old 06-29-05, 09:13 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Hey Upstate,
You have any pics of your Eclipse inside your car?
It does seem like the Eclipse offers a bit more.
It seems like you get the DVD player already installed in the Eclipse, but can you run the Navi while the DVD is playing?
Can you make the player play dvd's while the car is moving?
Can you connect it to your stock CD changer?
Do they make the ipod hookup like they do for the pioneer where it will actually read the songs and artists on the screen?
Lastly, where in NY are you ?
THanks!

whats goin on buddy, ill try to take a few pics of the dash later on after i finish up some **** at work. eclipse is definitely a top quality deck, hands down. you do get the dvd player in the eclipse deck, directly under the cd slot there is a dvd slot. the navi also is dvd, so if you want to watch a dvd and have navi, well i dont know how exactly youd do that anyway...the dvd would be taking up the whole navi screen and would defeat its purpose. you can obviously play a cd, radio or xm while using the navi, it voice overs and lowers the music when youre approaching a directional point and tells you what to do, along with popping up a box in the corner of the CD screen to show you what turns to make next (unless you are in the full screen navi mode which would show the map and the turn by turn, and a shrunk down menu of the CD you are playing or the radio...im sure you get the idea. im not sure about connectivity to a stock changer, i doubt it. also not sure about the ipod as i dont have one and tend to lean more towards cd's and xm, mp3 quality compared to that of a real (non burnt) cd just doesnt match up (IMO not speaking for others tastes here) ..i know the thing does read all cd text and automatically shows you the cd name/song titles etc....also yes the dvds DO play while the car is in motion. i have lots of those dvd/music videos that i use all the time. the older decks had a safety default where dvd would not play unless the ebrake was up or you had your installer bypass the ebrake wiring..some places will do this some places wont depending on whether or not you know the guys doing it and whether or not they give a ****...ill be back after lunch hopefully with a pic or two. check that link i posted above in the last post or go to eclipse-web.com for more info.
Old 06-29-05, 11:23 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

beh, im back from lunch and i am staring at my digital camera on the charger. its just sitting there all alone wanting to be used. buuuuut the heat, humidity, and rain in *****ty upstate ny are definitely not persuading me to get my *** back outside to take those pics. later when it cools down ill try and give it a shot if i can work up enough motivation
Old 06-29-05, 12:54 PM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

definitely tastefully modded! keep it coming man
Old 06-30-05, 02:38 AM
Kendhal
Driver School Candidate

Looks great. I "JUST" ordered the Veilside Executive rear and sides yesterday from Collin at Carson Toyota. Your kit is the same exact thing that I ordered. I am getting the L-Sportsline front bumper though after PM'ing a few ppl about their kits to make sure that that was what I wanted. The thing that got me was that the kit parts are Fiberglass reinforced though.

Anyways, your car looks great and gives me the hope of the same look and compliments
Old 06-30-05, 07:17 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 305 Likes on 184 Posts

Very nice mods you got there Varcity!!!

That in-dash nav system looks sweeeet!!! Please post up some better pics in the day that show how well it fits and integrates into the dash.

Here's a shot of the nav system itself
Attached Thumbnails FINALLY: some pictures of my ride!!! (updated w/NEW pics of whole car on page 5)-avicd1.jpg  
Old 06-30-05, 07:34 AM
Shnerez420
Lead Lap

Upstate,
I took a look into that Eclipse and it does look pretty good. I dont think it will interface with the stock CD Changer though and it doesnt have the iPod connectivity I was talking about.
Otherwise it got really great reviews and it looks to be alittle more user friendly than the D1.
Also, like you said, it plays DVD's right out of the box unlike the D1 which needs an external DVD player
You made me think about that Eclipse and awaiting your pics.
Thanks!
Old 06-30-05, 08:52 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Upstate,
I took a look into that Eclipse and it does look pretty good. I dont think it will interface with the stock CD Changer though and it doesnt have the iPod connectivity I was talking about.
Otherwise it got really great reviews and it looks to be alittle more user friendly than the D1.
Also, like you said, it plays DVD's right out of the box unlike the D1 which needs an external DVD player
You made me think about that Eclipse and awaiting your pics.
Thanks!

im glad youre giving it some thought man, eclipse is the way to go (like i said IMO, cuz everyones got there favorites). re: the pics, i took a few of how it looks in the dash, and now the next mission is finding the damn usb cable so i can put them on the computer and upload them here. lol, soon as i clean up the rest of my office later today hopefully ill find it.

Quick Reply: FINALLY: some pictures of my ride!!! (updated w/NEW pics of whole car on page 5)