GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

FINALLY: some pictures of my ride!!! (updated w/NEW pics of whole car on page 5)

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-05, 09:56 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The new front looks great man. flows real well. big congrats. only thing I would suggest is that you have the mesh painted blk to match the blk mesh in the grill...well worth the wait
Old 07-24-05, 10:41 AM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by varcity64

GS4FUN - if you are talking about on friday, then yes it was possible it could have been me
Maybe it was Friday....i lose track of time...next time say hi....you know what i'm driving.
Old 07-25-05, 07:25 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Moooooooooooooooooooo,
The car looks so good now bro I really am digging it. The front bumper really completes the car now. I like the choice of rear spoilers as well.

Oh and that Pioneer is really lookinh hot and what a clean install huh?
Old 07-26-05, 11:40 AM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

a - im really debating what i wonna do w/the mesh right now... i dont know if i like it thanks for the kind words and for the ______ and the ______

jeff - yea, that install is REAL nice isnt it hahaha thanks for the compliments... give me some time, ill be up there w/u soon and pick up ur damn phone man
Old 08-01-05, 09:41 AM
Shnerez420
Lead Lap

Hey varcity,
Ive been looking into double din nav units for my Gs for a while and after reading your post I leaned towards the D1.
This past friday I finally installed my D1 with a the IB-100 ipod connector and some cheap DVD in the glove compartment.
Im wondering if your having any problems with your sound and if you installed any kind of amps or if you just tapped into your stock Nak amp?
Im having problems with many different sounds coming out of all the speakers. The mid speakers have lows and highs coming out of them and my sub has mids and some vocals coming out of it. Wondering if you have any input (or anyone else)?
I love the D1 but I hate the freakin gyro thing that you cant input directions while driving. Did you find a way around the whole gyro thing?
The ipod connector didnt have as much functionality as I would have liked... Im used to browsing by artist, then album, then song... it seems that you go from artist right to song but theres no list of songs, you just have to keep scrolling through the songs one by one. Any feedback on that?
Thanks man... and by the way... your car looks awesome!!
Old 08-02-05, 09:26 AM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Shnerez420
Hey varcity,
Ive been looking into double din nav units for my Gs for a while and after reading your post I leaned towards the D1.
This past friday I finally installed my D1 with a the IB-100 ipod connector and some cheap DVD in the glove compartment.
Im wondering if your having any problems with your sound and if you installed any kind of amps or if you just tapped into your stock Nak amp?
Im having problems with many different sounds coming out of all the speakers. The mid speakers have lows and highs coming out of them and my sub has mids and some vocals coming out of it. Wondering if you have any input (or anyone else)?
I love the D1 but I hate the freakin gyro thing that you cant input directions while driving. Did you find a way around the whole gyro thing?
The ipod connector didnt have as much functionality as I would have liked... Im used to browsing by artist, then album, then song... it seems that you go from artist right to song but theres no list of songs, you just have to keep scrolling through the songs one by one. Any feedback on that?
Thanks man... and by the way... your car looks awesome!!
whats up buddy, sorry i couldnt respond earlier... but i have NO problems w/sound. a small pioneer amp was used to get the sub to work properly. i think the amp will solve all your problems w/sound b/c i remember when i got it installed, i was told it can take like 4 hrs. extra to fix the sound in all the speakers if i didnt put the amp on b/c all the wires would have to be redone to the speakers. the gyro thing sucks, but o well... its kind of a good thing, it just makes it safer drivin i guess.. the iPod thing isnt the best, but it works so im happy. and thanks for the compliments man
Old 08-02-05, 09:35 AM
Shnerez420
Lead Lap

Var,
I just realized your in NJ...
Where in NJ are you? Im in Long Branch, by the shore....
Also, are you goin to the bbq? If so, we gotta meet up and do some caravan with a bunch of others...
Let me know
ICohen424@gmail.com
Old 08-03-05, 08:17 AM
JohnGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Haven't had a chance to look at these quite yet. You car is really awesome! I love the look with the RMM front bumper. I hope you happy with everthing! Once again man, the car looks great. Anytime you need anything let me know.

John
Old 08-04-05, 03:54 PM
Shnerez420
Lead Lap

I got everything working properly finally and im starting to love my D1...
I got rid of the ipod thing because it sucks!
Take a look at some pics here:

Old 08-04-05, 07:59 PM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

varcity64,

Your car looks great, worth the wait.