GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)
View Poll Results: What GS model should Luxury Motorworks build their setup on first?
GS 400
62.07%
GS 430
37.93%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Luxury Motorworks / LMS Supercharger Setup for the GS 400 or GS430. You decide!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-05, 09:04 AM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mrbig
They already have them for the 400 lets get one for the 430's now !!!

we had one for the 400....... lets make another

wow if its going to be close to the IS/GS300 Kit as far as price...Im not buying anything else...Im saving starting from right now!!
Old 06-17-05, 09:04 AM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I think it's great that LMS is even considering this- RMM sold, what, 25 GS400 supercharger kits in five years? It's hard to believe an undertaking like this could be very profitable!

With my industry connections, I could probably do a killer twin turbo set-up for about the same price as the old RMM S/C kit... for me it comes down to priorities- I'm pretty sure 309 hp in my 2250 lb MR2 will keep me happy for a while. Once that's done, I'll probably move on to the new GS430 or LS 430.

I look forward to seeing how this all works out- but I am laying low for now.
Old 06-17-05, 09:05 AM
morris
Lexus Champion

It doesnt make a difference to me personally but from a buisness perspective I would thing the 400 would be a better choice

MOre cars
Less expensive cars
Warranty expired already
Old 06-17-05, 09:37 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalSC4
I think it's great that LMS is even considering this- RMM sold, what, 25 GS400 supercharger kits in five years? It's hard to believe an undertaking like this could be very profitable!

i agree with you on that

i know people say they want it but when it comes to part with the money....they vanish

its not cheap and things can go wrong when you go FI

dont get me wrong im happy having FI but i want to change the setup

i dont like that fact that it (RMM) runs off the PS pump and im not thrilled with the way the
piping is all on one side

things im going to change i hope this winter

but good luck with the R&D

btw where does the LMS systems get power from
Old 06-17-05, 09:38 AM
49GS400
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LXOGOOD,

Will LMS also look into options to beef up the tranny? This is probably wishful thinking but looking back at the past RMM SC owners a lot of them had problems with the tranny when they started looking for extra power out of their kits.
Old 06-17-05, 09:52 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

some points made were very right but lets also take into consideration that the gs400s aren't costing as mush as they used and thats they most likely have no Warranty aswell. so if you can now pick up a gs400 with decent miles for 17k-19k as to paying 25k-up a couple yaers ago you might see poeple really start to mod this car a lot. why buy a 2004 civic when you can get a 98-99 gs4 with meduim miles for the same price..
Old 06-17-05, 12:43 PM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by LXOGOOD
Henry lets not start throwing prices out.... The cost for the GS4xx setup will not be $7500. It will be right around the cost of the GS/IS setup. Also, please keep in mind that the LMS kits come with the LMS i-Manage fuel controller and a Zeitronix wide band controller. RMM offered nothing like that... Thanks
This is the key right here... I am VERY interested in getting a SC for my GS400 and even had the green light from the old lady, however with the RMM kit having no fuel management I was hesitant to pull the trigger and missed out on the last kit.

As long as the install with the added fuel management parts is well documented I plan on getting this kit. I think like everybody else I was hoping that SRT with their experience would make a single Turbo bolt on or SC kit for our GS400's but I have no issues getting one elsewhere as long as the engine management issues are all worked out.

Old 06-17-05, 01:32 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by LXOGOOD
Henry lets not start throwing prices out.... The cost for the GS4xx setup will not be $7500. It will be right around the cost of the GS/IS setup. Also, please keep in mind that the LMS kits come with the LMS i-Manage fuel controller and a Zeitronix wide band controller. RMM offered nothing like that... Thanks
no that's not my intention at all, but i was being realistic here. price is always a big factor, always. the sc setup for the sc430 is 7500 bucks, lms posted that themselves in the sc430 forum. i dont' know how much the gs300 setup is, but i assume it's around 5k. i know the 430 is a more complicated system, but the 400 is definitely closer to the 430 than the 300 imho (the i6 and the v8 systems are soooo different). that's why i put up the price for the sc430 setup. if anything and the price of the gs v8 setup being a lot cheaper than the sc430, i would love to know why.

it's just how i feel about it. just like what hameed and bob said. interest is one thing. but being in this industry for a while already seeing how things evole, the number of real people taking actions is definitely. and with all due respect, how many people will really buy the system that's what counts.

just my 1 cent
Old 06-17-05, 01:40 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by bluelex
some points made were very right but lets also take into consideration that the gs400s aren't costing as mush as they used and thats they most likely have no Warranty aswell. so if you can now pick up a gs400 with decent miles for 17k-19k as to paying 25k-up a couple yaers ago you might see poeple really start to mod this car a lot. why buy a 2004 civic when you can get a 98-99 gs4 with meduim miles for the same price..
very true, good points there. but also keep in mind, the car is cheaper, that also means the car is ready to be purchased by different group of people too. when the car was worth 30k and up, only people with real money can get the car, and probably they are the people who can fork up another lump of money for the charger

but if the car is 15k now, that means (no punch intended) a lot more people will be able to purchase the car. but how many of them will justify the cost of the charger, which will be a siginicant percentage of the cost of the car?

sorry for bringing this OT, but i just think this is something lms should consider. last post from me about this topic unless someone replies
Old 06-17-05, 01:51 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by T.L.W.
i agree with you on that

i know people say they want it but when it comes to part with the money....they vanish

its not cheap and things can go wrong when you go FI

dont get me wrong im happy having FI but i want to change the setup

i dont like that fact that it (RMM) runs off the PS pump and im not thrilled with the way the
piping is all on one side

things im going to change i hope this winter

but good luck with the R&D

btw where does the LMS systems get power from

price is a factor but what johnny said makes sense to me , thses are some of things that bothered me as well

i was never overly satisfied with the design of the rmm kit which always made me chicken out on pulling the trigger on buying one
Old 06-17-05, 03:36 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

is LMS ever going to post up the Full Spec for the GS300 Superstreet kit?
I've been asking since december with no luck.

Where can i find the full parts list (every piece that is included) along with dyno #'s with AF charts with their FMU
Old 06-17-05, 06:21 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Guys, lets try and keep this thread as simple as possible. Right now, Luxury Motorworks just wants to know what makes more sense... Producing a setup for the GS430 or 400 first.

Many of these questions cannot be answered only because they haven't even thought out the full logistics of the setup.

Right now, set pricing has not been determined. Please keep in mind that the pricing is determined by what parts are used, what SC will be used to power the setup, and how complicated the piping will be. The LMS setup will include their very own fuel management system and a wide band to monitor all readings.

Rominl You have very valid points my friend... Please keep in mind that the SC430 pricing is that because of the Supercharger they used, the Jet Hot Coating to keep intake temps down and for their custom intercooler setup with dual fans. Some of these things may not be needed for the GS400 or GS430. Only time will tell...

NOW BACK TO THE POLL

Last edited by LXOGOOD; 06-17-05 at 08:58 PM.
Old 06-17-05, 07:36 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

well I vote 400..cus we have more 400 owners and hopefuly we'll see more start to do some FI on them..
Old 06-17-05, 08:26 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Guys, here is an example of the LMS setup on the SC430. The pic is from the latest "Modified Luxury & Exotics" mag. Check out the SC430 forum for more pics...

Now, is there enough GS430 guys out there that would want a kit... Speak up..They already have designed a bracket... or should they spend more money and time into developing the GS400 bracket.

Last edited by LXOGOOD; 06-17-05 at 09:00 PM.
Old 06-17-05, 08:48 PM
noop
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im down for 1, for the GS400!

Quick Reply: Luxury Motorworks / LMS Supercharger Setup for the GS 400 or GS430. You decide!