GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Unleashing the Beast... Picture Story Line (56K Beware)

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-05, 07:09 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holy mother of Mary, I guess you weren't kidding Ken. All in all I guess it was all worth it huh buddy?
Seriously I think you have to be commended on the job you have done to your car bro, it is a complete package masterpeice. I really hope one day to ride with you, that would be absolutley sick.
Hit my cell later bro.
Old 07-05-05, 07:53 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 292 Likes on 175 Posts

Congratulations Ken on the engine swap and all the other countless mods associated with such a major modification!

How much did that Supra GTE block set you back? Did you have to do any tranny mods in conjunction with the engine swap?
Old 07-05-05, 07:54 AM
SUPRATRD
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Unblinglievable engine

Everytime I see Kens' car I say "That's it, can't get much better"....................and he does it again!

Much props to you Bro, lot of work ,time and money went into this, well worth it.
Old 07-05-05, 08:45 AM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Holy cow! Niiiicccceeee, Lxo...

As sweet as the motor is (Luxo Motors did a great job!), and as sweet as your exterior is (nice grill), I am MOST envious of the interior of the car, specifically the climate control buttons backlighting. Man, that hypr white looks sweeeeeeeeeeettttttttt...

Do you know the cost of just that mod? I love that.

But a sweeet ride, man, for sure.
Old 07-05-05, 09:37 AM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice Ken looks sweet!!

what kind of #'s are you expecting ?

Last edited by LEXISM; 07-05-05 at 12:31 PM.
Old 07-05-05, 11:15 AM
QuikLex
Pole Position

Beautiful...just beautiful! I can't believe how clean all the mods came out! The engine bay is clean enough to eat off...although, who would want to eat with a engine like that! Stop reading this...go drive that bad boy!!!!
Old 07-05-05, 11:26 AM
Luxury Motorworks
Driver

Ken,
Those are incredible pics! I love the night shots! That custom "L" sure did turn out nice. It really shows well in the pics. Now how about some magazine write-ups....I'm thinking front page
-Jacen
Old 07-05-05, 11:36 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

ken , you have raised the bar again , i love to see a car nut who likes his engine bay as clean and detailed as his wheels and ext are

luxury motor works , nice kit , i am glad you went with the ati procharger and i really really hope you guys decidied to do the gs400 and use a ati blower as well , i like the fact they are selfcontained for lubrication , the corvette guys use these with lots of success

back on topic , again ken simply breathtaking
Old 07-05-05, 12:12 PM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

supercharged and de-badged!!! Verrrrrrrrrrrry sneaky.

There are going to be plenty surprises for unsuspecting M's and E's in the streets of Cali !!!!

Great job, Ken!
Old 07-05-05, 02:39 PM
chaskim
Pole Position

Default Sweeeeeet

Nice, very nice.

And yes its is all good...LEXOGOOD that is

chaskim

??What did you do with your old set up??....is it in your trash can because I could do a little trash digging for it.
Old 07-05-05, 05:07 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Yo guys, thanks for all the warm replies. I did my best to reply to all the PM's... The ATI Procharger is not replacing the Powerdyne unit on the Super Street kit. Since we were going for more boost, we needed a unit that can handle it. This new Procharger has a 9" scroll and was bench tested at 30psi. It sounds very aggressive. I did lose the quiet stealth approach with this new ATI charger. The powerdyne is way quiet compared to this unit. Basically, you now can hear me coming from around the corner... Luxury Motorworks did the entire swap, engine mods and dyno tuning... They also have some custom "other" pieces in the works for us GS3/IS3 guys.

Currently all I have on my tranny is a 3000 Stall TC and a B&M tranny cooler. A valve body upgrade is next on the list. The damn car keeps bouncing off the rev-limiter and won't shift fast enough. With 13psi, we should be looking at about 340-350 RWHP. Remember, LMW slowed down the SC rpm speed for all around purposes. I'm not drag racing the car so 16psi isn't needed with my setup. However, if get the bug for more power, the GTE block can handle the additional boost and i can change the pulley to a smaller one.

Guys, If you have any questions, just PM me. It's easier to answer your questions on an individual basis... Thanks guys.

Last edited by LXOGOOD; 07-05-05 at 06:46 PM.
Old 07-05-05, 06:30 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

lets all line up and have Ken give each of us a ride!
Old 07-05-05, 06:36 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Dude, its looks absolutely killer man. I just wish people could understand how much worrk,effort,and imagination went into this project. I mean you could have just done a bolt on Turbo and been done long time ago with the same power but its about setting the standard and thinking outside the box that makes your ground breaking conversion so unique. Big congrats man, you deserve for it.

You are not only setting the standrad for us 300 guys but you are also raising the bar for all lexus owners..
Old 07-05-05, 06:44 PM
ARISTO*7
Lexus Champion

wow. looks amazing
Old 07-05-05, 07:55 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SUPRATRD
Unblinglievable engine

Everytime I see Kens' car I say "That's it, can't get much better"....................and he does it again!

Much props to you Bro, lot of work ,time and money went into this, well worth it.
i agree 110%, just constantly taking the GS to higher heights and deeper depths!! Very nice work and one of the best GS's as always

Quick Reply: Unleashing the Beast... Picture Story Line (56K Beware)