GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

i messed up my baby

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-05, 09:42 AM
alsilverbullet
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 17 Posts

Wow what a horrible accident. I am glad to hear you are ok.

Good luck!
Old 07-07-05, 09:43 AM
DjFergi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune. I'm glad you and your girlfriend are ok. The car can be replaced.

-Fernando
Old 07-07-05, 09:49 AM
JBrady
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Motu1
glad you two are ok. I wonder why the airbags failed?
First of all... WOW... thank God no one was seriously injured or worse.

Regarding airbags. There are situations that airbag deployment would be dangerous. If you get cliped from behind you do not want the bags depoying in your face as that could cause loss of control. Airbags come out FAST and can cause injury. Depending on how the car impacts they may or may not deploy. This could be one of those freak situations that none of the parameters for deployment were met.
Old 07-07-05, 09:50 AM
GS3.0
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im glad you and your gf got outta the wreck in one piece...Toyota/Lexus make great solid cars so cheers to them...i've had several situations where my car didn't feel too stable in solid rain conditions...i take it really really easy on the highways at times like those...i have 19" pirelli pzeros and they're supposed to handle well in rainy conditions but i like to play it on the safe side after hearing so many stories here on CL. I guess its time for an upgrade...2006 AWD GS3?
Old 07-07-05, 09:57 AM
phisig
Pole Position

Are you gonna pick up another 2nd Gen GS or try something new??? Can you salvage any of yoru parts?
Old 07-07-05, 10:06 AM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Like others have said, glad to hear you and your girlfriend are safe.
Old 07-07-05, 10:34 AM
FutureGS400
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jbrady
Depending on how the car impacts they may or may not deploy. This could be one of those freak situations that none of the parameters for deployment were met.
Absolutely right John! Personally, I wouldn't worry about going after Lexus/Toyota for potential airbag problems as some have suggested. I would THANK them for making an extremely safe and crashworthy vehicle! Glad you're OK
HOWEVER- you might want to have a lawyer take a look at the circumstances surrounding the water on the street. You might be able to make a case that whoever is responsible for the sprinklers created an unsafe condition by putting that much water on the street due to malfunctioning sprinklers (even though unintentional).
Especially if it was a city or county government property, they may settle out of court. I would imagine your insurance company would be looking into this as well.
Old 07-07-05, 10:43 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LEXISM
its not the GS that handles bad.. its the tires .....just like in my situtation a little bit of water and hold on.....let this be a warning to everybody ..... be careful

Thank God you and your girl are ok
Sounds like you hydro-planed. How many miles do you have on those S03? With the amount of water on this newly paved road as you described...seems like any tire will lose this battle.

Seriously, Im glad to hear you and your gf are OK!!

Pete
Old 07-07-05, 11:47 AM
gserep1
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am SPEECHLESS! I am so sorry to hear about your accident, and hope that things work out satisfactorily for you in the end.

Having been a victim of a single car accident in my first GS4, I can truly sympathize. It all happens so fast, and you go through the accident over and over in your mind afterwards. I wondered for a long time whether I could have prevented mine, but that does no good.

I wish you luck in finding another car soon, and salvage what you can off the old one. It was one sweet looking vehicle before the crash.

Keep in touch!
Old 07-07-05, 12:18 PM
Celsior Master
Lexus Test Driver

good thing the lexus saved you. hope you never get the SO3 again... (might not have been the tires fault but... yeah i will hate bridgestone for the rest of my life)
Old 07-07-05, 01:30 PM
aznxguy714
Pole Position

wow man i just read this bulletin n my mouth just dropped. well the main thing is your okay n ur gf is too. A car can be replaced but a life can't. take cares man
Old 07-07-05, 01:32 PM
jskim9
Rookie

time for a lawsuit. Do you know who owns the plot of land that was watering the grass? Water should not be allowed to seap onto the road like that. Going from dry to wet is very difficult for a driver to adjust. What's the speed limit on that curve?
Old 07-07-05, 01:42 PM
the hustler07
Lead Lap

*****, i know how you feeling right now, after all the work you put in.

you'll get back on track
Old 07-07-05, 01:52 PM
sung35
Lead Lap

Wow. That is a nasty accident. Hope you will get on back to your feet.
Old 07-07-05, 03:24 PM
toy4life86
Lead Lap

looks familar to mine except on my front end the hood was burnt the roof caved in and the front end fenders bumpers were missing and it was pushed into about half in the front and all my windows were broken i flipped too

Quick Reply: i messed up my baby