GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

i messed up my baby

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-05, 03:26 PM
benzo555
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

omg.. thats horrible.. Glad u guys are ok!
Old 07-07-05, 04:06 PM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to hear that you and your GF are OK. Flipping a car is so dangerous and you guys got away with minimal injuries which is good....

I am sorry, I have to ask...are you selling your wheels? I apologize beforehand for my vulture-like tendencies...

Brent
Old 07-07-05, 04:31 PM
AJ
Lexus Champion

Thank God you're all ok , a car can always be replaced
Old 07-07-05, 04:57 PM
BLAZE
Lexus Test Driver

HOLLY SIT.......Thank god u guy's are o.k. From looking at the pics consider you guys blessed. Sorry for ur misfortune. Hopefully everything will work out in the end 4 u. By the way did you have the vsc on or off? and if it was on, do u remember it trying to work? Pulses in the brake pedal? Also was ur foot still braking during the slide? Sorry for so many questions,but i can't believe how the car lost control even with a lot of water. Again thankfully ur o.k.,but maybe (if u can remember i know it happens soooo fast) your input could help us all out.
Old 07-07-05, 05:10 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,514 Likes on 1,653 Posts

Originally Posted by FutureGS400
HOWEVER- you might want to have a lawyer take a look at the circumstances surrounding the water on the street. You might be able to make a case that whoever is responsible for the sprinklers created an unsafe condition by putting that much water on the street due to malfunctioning sprinklers (even though unintentional).
Especially if it was a city or county government property, they may settle out of court. I would imagine your insurance company would be looking into this as well.
I was thinking the same thing. What genius puts sprinklers pouring water onto a curving public road? I'd definitely talk to a lawyer at least.

And HKS, very sorry to hear about your misfortune but really glad you're ok.
Old 07-07-05, 05:39 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
I was thinking the same thing. What genius puts sprinklers pouring water onto a curving public road? I'd definitely talk to a lawyer at least.

And HKS, very sorry to hear about your misfortune but really glad you're ok.
Yah....as you can see background (behind the cop car) in this pic...the road was wet... must be several factors that led to this accident...wet road, speed, road surface condition, tire treadwear level, driver, etc...will be taken into consideration in any lawsuit.

I can see if there were other unrelated accidents smilar to this one by other drivers in this same stretch of road....it would be a good case against the owner of the sprinklers for any attorney.

Also, looking at the curve in the road....its NOT that bad....just follow the street lamp poles.

Just my opinion.

Old 07-07-05, 09:04 PM
JyGS430
Pole Position

Wow, that is totally messed up, but glad you are okay. Not real surprised at the amount of damage at 40mph, because similar thing happened w/ me in my former LS400 and a concrete divider. Like someone said before, it could have a silver lining, now you can upgrade to a 3rd gen GS. I went from an older LS to a newer GS (from luxurious but dull to exciting and sporty).
Old 07-07-05, 09:43 PM
e-diddy
Lead Lap

This totally sucks. Good to see that you were able to tell the story afterwards. Best of luck to you and your girl in the future.
Old 07-07-05, 10:19 PM
NoS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whoa. Yeah good thing both of you are ok. The car is gone, it hurts to even view the pictures but its only a car, human lives are more important.

Hope you like the new one, which will you be getting?
Old 07-07-05, 10:44 PM
r00kie
Lexus Test Driver

One of the worst accidents I've seen for a GS, but very glad that both you and your GF are okay.
Old 07-07-05, 10:50 PM
PineGreen
Pole Position

woooowwwwwwww Very glad that you guys are ok. I guess what they say in driver's ed back in the day is true.....that most accidents happen close to your house. I look forward to seeing your next car.
Old 07-07-05, 10:55 PM
SprtDesign
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PHML
Yah....as you can see background (behind the cop car) in this pic...the road was wet... must be several factors that led to this accident...wet road, speed, road surface condition, tire treadwear level, driver, etc...will be taken into consideration in any lawsuit.

I can see if there were other unrelated accidents smilar to this one by other drivers in this same stretch of road....it would be a good case against the owner of the sprinklers for any attorney.

Also, looking at the curve in the road....its NOT that bad....just follow the street lamp poles.

Just my opinion.

Wow the road is so wet in the background it's glossy....
Old 07-08-05, 01:10 AM
HKS_GS430
Pole Position

the speed limit is not posted and the road went from dry to wet right at the turn ,its so wet you can see the light pole reflections.dam lucky i had a camera because no one would have believed that there was that much water in the middle of the street.i crashed right after the water line. no skid marks at all! which means my tire was never in contact with the pavement. i wished the side airbags deployed it would have prevent me from getting my elbow scratched up from sliding on pavement.and prob cussioned our tumble alot more i am only sore alil not much but my GF has a bruise on rite arm from the seat belt , i was lucky that the pole didnt hit with the cabin.only at the crumble zones, or else i think it would have hurt a little more.
i cant even find another CPO GS430 listed in black/black. thinking of a CPO 01' LS430 in black/black ( i found 1 listed) or a brand spanking new G35 sedan ? the G35 is a pretty good bang for the buck. does mid 14's in the quarter.and its under 35k fully loaded. i got my GS last oct for 32k. it had 30,ooo miles and its interior was mint, and it was a CPO. last owner was an old man,
Old 07-08-05, 01:24 AM
Lexologist
Driver

Good to hear that you walked away.
Old 07-08-05, 01:31 AM
nnnickkk
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

there is a TON of water on the road. i would get as much money out of the city as i could. glad you both are ok.

Quick Reply: i messed up my baby