GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

NAV with Mark Lev is AWESOME!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-01, 08:37 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2001 GS430 owner here and this package combo is a must. I am sure the stock radio system is good, but the Levinson system is wonderful. I used to have the Bose system in my ex Acura 3.2TL and that was also great, but Mark Lev is incredible.

The Navigation system is very user friendly, I tried the BMW one with no touch screen and just like German Interior buttons, it's just all over the place and confusing.

By the way the woman's voice that directs you in the NAV is sexy!

I used to be one of those guys that said, don't pay the extra money for the NAV, but even if you don't travel that much it is so much fun and amazing how it can track you down, just like a computer in your car.

Fully loaded is the way to always go, so it doesn't leave you wanting more and more all the time.
Old 06-29-01, 04:16 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ah, another believer!

Hehehe, I remember a thread a while back regarding whether or not getting the Nav/ML system was worth it...and I remember there were quite a few naysayers...

I have YET to hear from someone who ACTUALLY HAS IT that doesn't like it...

Lexguynj - You think the BMW system is bad, try out the Mercedes COMMAND system....anger management comes in very handy...Mercedes should give free seminars to COMMAND buyers..

It's nice when you're stuck in traffic on a commonly traveled route and you see a side street with no traffic...now, instead of wondering or finding out the hard way if that sidestreet goes anywhere, I just look on my nav....

I'm planning on puttin into my "beater" (the Pioneer DVD system) even...nav kicks ***!
Old 06-29-01, 02:53 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by manaray
Ah, another believer!

Hehehe, I remember a thread a while back regarding whether or not getting the Nav/ML system was worth it...and I remember there were quite a few naysayers...

I have YET to hear from someone who ACTUALLY HAS IT that doesn't like it...

Lexguynj - You think the BMW system is bad, try out the Mercedes COMMAND system....anger management comes in very handy...Mercedes should give free seminars to COMMAND buyers..

It's nice when you're stuck in traffic on a commonly traveled route and you see a side street with no traffic...now, instead of wondering or finding out the hard way if that sidestreet goes anywhere, I just look on my nav....

I'm planning on puttin into my "beater" (the Pioneer DVD system) even...nav kicks ***!
I like the way you think over there man, you know it's all good when it's fully loaded and us guys love more toys. The combination of the NAV AN ML Audio Systems is very impressive, people just love to see it and check it out. Very easy to use too and I can't get enough. NAV supporter here!
Old 06-29-01, 07:42 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,462 Likes on 1,615 Posts

Originally posted by manaray
Absolutely right! We agree again.
Old 06-29-01, 09:29 PM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so you baught a beater finaly what is it?

I remember that 50 page descusion we had about that