GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Blackwood trim kit for GS, what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-01, 10:02 PM
SpectraGS3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it would look great on a black interior, goes better than wood:

http://store.yahoo.com/lexusparts/gsblacdoorpa.html
Old 06-28-01, 10:29 PM
disc108
Lead Lap

gonna buy me some as soon as i save $300. oh ****. never...?

Originally posted by SpectraGS3
I think it would look great on a black interior, goes better than wood:

http://store.yahoo.com/lexusparts/gsblacdoorpa.html
Old 06-28-01, 10:32 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I like the look of the walnut interior trim since it breaks up all the black and adds warmth.. But if you want more of a sporty interior the Blackwood would fit the bill.. Personally I think I could find something better on the GS to spend $240 US.. Just my 2 cents..
Old 06-28-01, 11:06 PM
y2kgs
Pole Position

2savvy,

I agree with the amount for these parts but it seems that anything Lexus will cost you kits, wheels and performance parts are the most I have ever paid for. Back when I had my GSR. Everything were cheep but times has changed and so did I.
Now we all have to save to get parts for our GS but still love my ride
Old 06-29-01, 12:20 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If anyone gets one of these, be sure you sell your old wood to me at a discount

So I can DIY.
Old 06-29-01, 03:29 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Two things about the JDM "Wood Kits"...

First off, I don't think they're real wood...I looked closely at one of the parts (it was already installed) and it looked printed...I think Hiro had some at the show...I'm sure someone else checked to see if they were real or not...

Secondly, what about the wood in the center? I would love to do a grey wood crossover, but I would need to change all the door piece, the center console piece, my shift ****, the ash-tray, and my steering wheel...$300? Hehehehe...probably over $1300...I would do it if someone made all the parts and they were real wood.

Plus, the center piece doesn't fit quite right...guess the center console isn't symmetric.
Old 06-29-01, 03:32 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by manaray
Two things about the JDM "Wood Kits"...

First off, I don't think they're real wood...I looked closely at one of the parts (it was already installed) and it looked printed...I think Hiro had some at the show...I'm sure someone else checked to see if they were real or not...

Secondly, what about the wood in the center? I would love to do a grey wood crossover, but I would need to change all the door piece, the center console piece, my shift ****, the ash-tray, and my steering wheel...$300? Hehehehe...probably over $1300...I would do it if someone made all the parts and they were real wood.

Plus, the center piece doesn't fit quite right...guess the center console isn't symmetric.

You need to sleep at 3:30 in the morning man.

the center, Hiro sells also. Shift **** too. Steeringwheel I don't know.

Center piece, wood is symmetrical but the cupholder and the entire plastic chunk isn't. Just get the screws off, separate the wood from the rest, and snap them back in. It really works.
Old 06-29-01, 07:03 AM
SpectraGS3
Driver

Hiro sells everything but the steering wheel which you can get from beverly auto. The steering wheel costs more than everything else together but since I don't have the wood wheel, i can replace everything for under 600, including the shift ****, side panels and center console. The console fits, the only thing to change is the side the shifter hole is on since the Aristo is right drive. You swap out the cup holder cover and move it to the other side, the shifter hole and cupo holder cutout are the same size.

The wood on black does keep it from being all black but it also doesn't realy fit, it kind of "floats" because there's no other color inside to transition the wood to the black. The ivory interior and even tan look good because it's a 2 tone setup and both ivory and tan are closer to wood than black.

Anyhow, it looks good in the Aristo Vertex Edition. I don't think it's real wood either, it may be dyed wood but does it realy make a difference? As long as it looks good and lasts.