GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

My New Wheels - Stage II L-Tuned

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-05, 01:50 PM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by GS300Rich
The new wheels are a definite improvement. It looks great. Like chuck said 01 tails and clear side markers would look great
Noted... I might do these next... or at least the clear markers... they would look better that close to the fogs I guess.
Old 07-17-05, 01:51 PM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Thanks all for the nice comments.
Old 07-18-05, 02:04 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i like how you did the comparison pics, your car looks a lot nicer now with the new wheels! congrats those ltuned wheels caught my eyes right the way when i first saw neo's car
Old 07-18-05, 03:20 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ahhh! I guess it was just a matter of time. They were calling out to you.

Congrats.
Old 07-18-05, 03:23 AM
DrewGS350
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Excellent choice
Old 07-18-05, 06:29 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

great choice john , those salinas look real good

question though , how come no 18inchers at least and staggered.. it would really show off your car and the mods you have done so far , your ride will still feel like 17in and your handling will not degrade and it will give you better traction for when that day come for FI

looks great nonetheless bro

ohh btw off topic,,, we from sfl are convoying up to nopi atlanta in mid september for nopi .. we will be driving right past tampa to get there , so far it looks like between 30-45 of us , would love to have you onboard for the weekend bro , from tampa it should be a 5hr drive give or take

do you think you get the time off and join us , 1sicklex has gotten us prime parking within the stadium again and theres a huge atlanta lex meet planned for sun and then we head south monday am

hope you can swing it bro its always great to hang with ya

Last edited by lexforlife; 07-18-05 at 06:32 AM.
Old 07-18-05, 07:39 AM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

They are 18's and staggered... my old wheels were 17's

Nopi sounds like fun, I will run it past the Boss... I don't see why we couldn't attend!

Originally Posted by lexforlife
great choice john , those salinas look real good

question though , how come no 18inchers at least and staggered.. it would really show off your car and the mods you have done so far , your ride will still feel like 17in and your handling will not degrade and it will give you better traction for when that day come for FI

looks great nonetheless bro

ohh btw off topic,,, we from sfl are convoying up to nopi atlanta in mid september for nopi .. we will be driving right past tampa to get there , so far it looks like between 30-45 of us , would love to have you onboard for the weekend bro , from tampa it should be a 5hr drive give or take

do you think you get the time off and join us , 1sicklex has gotten us prime parking within the stadium again and theres a huge atlanta lex meet planned for sun and then we head south monday am

hope you can swing it bro its always great to hang with ya
Old 07-18-05, 07:46 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by CinFulxGS4
They are 18's and staggered... my old wheels were 17's

Nopi sounds like fun, I will run it past the Boss... I don't see why we couldn't attend!

john i am so sorry bro i feel like such a dumbass , i have been up late reading some old posts about brakes

so sorry bro , they look just right for you , maybe i am just used to seeing big wheels

please try and join us for that weekend for it will be loads of fun
Old 07-18-05, 08:28 AM
DrewGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Great choice. I am very biased to them as I have them on my car and love the look.
Not to bling and makes the car look just different enough as to get noticed. Flows very well with the rest of the car.
Old 07-18-05, 08:57 AM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DrewGS4
Great choice. I am very biased to them as I have them on my car and love the look.
Not to bling and makes the car look just different enough as to get noticed. Flows very well with the rest of the car.
No doubt... They really do look very unique compared to what is out there I think...

What tire sizes are you running drew? Neo said to ask you since I am getting ready to possible replace what is on there.
Old 07-18-05, 08:59 AM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lexforlife
john i am so sorry bro i feel like such a dumbass , i have been up late reading some old posts about brakes

so sorry bro , they look just right for you , maybe i am just used to seeing big wheels

please try and join us for that weekend for it will be loads of fun
No sweat Ed. Yeah, 19's I think are still the best size for our cars but I am happy for now with these... I like the fact that they are still Lexus wheels... pretty neat that they are stamped with both the Lexus and Oz trademarks... totally love the staggered look too... However my 17's with the same tires ride so much nicer but I think it is because of the taller sidewall more than the wheel size.
Old 07-18-05, 01:49 PM
Motu1
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cin it was great to meet you bro. They look great on your ride! We need to hook up again with more Lexus peeps. Still waiting for my front rotors before I snap shots and post here.
Old 07-18-05, 05:07 PM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Motu1
Cin it was great to meet you bro. They look great on your ride! We need to hook up again with more Lexus peeps. Still waiting for my front rotors before I snap shots and post here.
Thanks! You should join us when we go to the Atlanta show in Sept.

As it turns out I am going to need new tires... one front had a sidewall bulge and the other was completely bald on the inside side... so hopefully when you put on your new wheels Motu1 you had an alignment done... if not get one done soon... the left side rear also had considerable camber wear...

My total with tires was a little more than I expected to shell out but if I decide to sell my 17's I should recop most of it... it is making me rethink what I should sell my L-Tuned 17's for since they are basically brand new with at least 90% tread still left...
Old 07-18-05, 07:08 PM
Motu1
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will get it checked out. Got the car last October and the dealer never mentioned anything regarding camber wear or alighnment. I need to go down there and get it checked. Don't dealer service usually tell you about those things? Last time I was there was for a break job I would think the tech would note it to my service rep.
Old 07-18-05, 08:56 PM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

You would think so... but I guess not... DEFINATELY get it checked/done soon before you wear your new tires unevenly!

Also, if you plan on changing your suspension to coilovers go ahead and get a lifetime alignment to save some dough in the long run... that way after you get your new suspension on you can get it realigned for free.

Ask them to show you what it was at... The passenger front (inside) and drivers rear (can't remember) look really bad.

Quick Reply: My New Wheels - Stage II L-Tuned