GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Top 10 bozo questions...

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-01, 05:57 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It doesn't look good man
Old 07-17-01, 09:26 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ALRIGHT! Someone else BESIDES ME that getting bollocked by irate newbies! Phew! Thanks Bit for taking some of the slack!

Don't worry Bit, I gotz yer back homie...hmmm, were did I leave my AK-74 anyways? Oh there it is...under my pillow, ha! how could I forget...that damn straight bolt charging handle always sticks me right in the ear!
Old 07-17-01, 10:38 AM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

HAHA.. Its funny how this thread never dies.. See what you started Bit.. LOL..

Ease up guys, Bit (Aka The Bitslapper) was just venting.. No harm no foul just around the time this was posted there were some questions that were a bit irrating.. As a semi-newbie myself I can see how some of those questions could get under your skin but this thread was good we got some new ideas and hopefully the powers that be here at CL can put them into place.. Anyways what I can say of Bitkahuna is he has been very helpful to alot of users here but like all of us need to do at times is just VENT so don't hold it against the man..

Peace!
Old 07-17-01, 01:42 PM
KayGee
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Newbies?

I have noticed that a lot of new members only go to this forum before asking questions. They don't look around at all of the forums first. Like the question yesterday about buying stickers.
Old 07-17-01, 01:57 PM
KenJack

Lightbulb A few points to consider by Ken-Don't-Know-Jack

1. If you start a thread with an acid comment, that theme will be pervasive throughout the body of the thread.

2. After reviewing a few of the profiles of the people who are quilty of posting what has been categorized as "bozo questions", we have to be understanding: Several are of humble educational backgrounds: two physicians, an attorney, a few entertainment executives, a college professor, a math teacher, etc., etc.

3. The average # of posts by these "bozo" Club Members are under 10, so they probably are not as experienced as the starter of this thread who apparently has enough free time to make over 700 posts in the last few months. Even the moderators (at least the ones that I looked at) average somewhere between a reasonable 100 to 150 total.

4. THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A FRIENDLY FORUM TO EXCHANGE INFORMATION !!!! If we already knew everything, we wouldn't be here in the first place !

Let's get back to spending our time in the friendly exchange of information... OK?
Old 07-17-01, 02:57 PM
RealMarty
Lexus Test Driver

KenJack,

I suggest you be among the first to follow your own recommendation.
Old 07-17-01, 05:22 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,437 Likes on 1,598 Posts
Default Re: A few points to consider by Ken-Don't-Know-Jack

Originally posted by KenJack
1. If you start a thread with an acid comment, that theme will be pervasive throughout the body of the thread.

2. After reviewing a few of the profiles of the people who are quilty of posting what has been categorized as "bozo questions", we have to be understanding: Several are of humble educational backgrounds: two physicians, an attorney, a few entertainment executives, a college professor, a math teacher, etc., etc.

3. The average # of posts by these "bozo" Club Members are under 10, so they probably are not as experienced as the starter of this thread who apparently has enough free time to make over 700 posts in the last few months. Even the moderators (at least the ones that I looked at) average somewhere between a reasonable 100 to 150 total.

4. THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A FRIENDLY FORUM TO EXCHANGE INFORMATION !!!! If we already knew everything, we wouldn't be here in the first place !

Let's get back to spending our time in the friendly exchange of information... OK?
1) So?

2) So?

3) Who the f--- are you to judge how much free time I ought to have to post? I don't give a $#!+ if you're too busy or self-important to have time to post.

As for getting back to a friendly exchange, you threw gasoline back on a fire that had ALREADY DIED DOWN.

You ARE the weakest link.

Goodbye!
Old 07-17-01, 05:32 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Default Re: A few points to consider by Ken-Don't-Know-Jack

Originally posted by KenJack

... OK?
[/B]
Kenjack, FYI 700 posts over these months is an average of only 4-5 posts a day.

Old 07-17-01, 06:19 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

KenJack, I'm afraid you have become a sheep in the lion's den...or a bimmer in a lexus club j/k. I would have to say that most all of us here know bit and it is useless making a fuss in here. I was kind of taken aback by the "top 10 bozo questions", but this thread has shown me how tight the CL members are. I respect bit's opinion and know that we can say things like this and it doesn't ruffle everyone's feathers too much. This is how we find out what eachother are thinking...it's a forum - we can't see emotion.

I really hope you have read through this entire thread b/c most issues the thread have been addressed. No need to throw around slander about others and their position here on CL.

We don't need arguments such as this. I hope you can see the humility here and stay and enjoy the company.
Old 07-17-01, 06:35 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

I've added a clarification to my original post that started this whole thread so we (hopefully) don't get another KenJoke post.

Old 07-17-01, 07:05 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'm a mod, over 1000 posts, i think that your estimate was a bit off... ahem...... 10TIMESOFF..... sorry...

maybe you guys should turn it down a notch..... newbies, we dont mean harm but dont be all sensitive about the top 10 bozo questions, we don't really think you're bozos, its just a word!

bit and others flaming... well i understand...
Old 07-17-01, 07:08 PM
mooretorque
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

My, my, my.........certainly is stuffy in here.......anyone care to step out for a breath of air.......how about some good old fashioned Monty Python humor???

Maybe a chorus of "The Lumberjack Song"? Or how about "Sit On My Face And Tell Me That You Love Me".

Being from the south (born and bred), I've gotta say that I've certainly taken part in my fair share of pissin' contests..........and at the risk of getting into another one, I tend to agree with sensei-bitkahuna (see my early post in this thread) tho his "10 Best" were really couched in fairly humorous terms, and, KJ, much as I hate to say it, your attitude is a bit prissy (tho the "Worst Dressed" bit was funny). Christ on a crutch, we're not a goddamn seminary.........possibly part of the problem is the difficulty, even with emoticons, to convey the proper tone of our posts, but do we all have to be so politically correct (speaking personally.........NO) that satire/sarcasm/puncturing of pretension or just flat refusing to acquiesce to the dumbing down of every discussion are grounds for reproach and censure????

Regardless, there is room for everyone and everyone's view...........if we were all alike (well, we'd all drive damn nice cars) it'd be pretty damn dull. Why not enjoy different points of view from the standpoint of defending your own in reasonably eloquent fashion? In reading any reasonably lengthy post on this forum, I've noticed ignorance (don't know) but not usually idiocy (can't know, can't ever know, wouldn't know if it hit 'em in the nads)((sorry, ladies)).

So how about some ***********' tolerance????????? Anybody????? (Wipe me, I'm foaming at the mouth again...........damn it, I'm old, somebody get me another Depends, I've pissed myself too.......better go have another beer) :eek: :eek:

LexusRules - tisk tisk tisk mooretorque, sorry I had to do that, i'm not just trying to pissyou off about the tollerance thing man. - LexusRules

Last edited by LexusRules; 07-17-01 at 07:29 PM.
Old 07-17-01, 07:22 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

mooretorque, sounds like you need some "oops I crapped my pants"!:eek: A little Saturday Night Live humor. I was thinking earlier that it seems like CL needed to hire a lawyer just to keep the wording in everyone's posts "politically correct"...uhhh, NO! I'll take are the satire, sarcasm, and wild comments I can get. WOOOHOOO, BMW IS THE BEST!!! <---- see, sarcasm is a must.

In reading any reasonably lengthy post on this forum, I've noticed ignorance (don't know) but not usually idiocy (can't know, can't ever know, wouldn't know if it hit 'em in the nads)((sorry, ladies)).
You've got quite a long post yourself there buddy Just messing with ya!

By the way, this thread has becomeHUGE!

Last edited by LexRX; 07-17-01 at 07:24 PM.
Old 07-17-01, 07:25 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

In between posts here, I'm watching the movie 'Unforgiven' - possibly one of the LEAST politically correct movies on earth, and a GREAT movie. It also isn't a movie to instill a sense of humor .

But as I said, I've added a clarification to the start of the thread. Hopefully we (including KenJock) can just move on at this point.
Old 07-17-01, 07:31 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

anotehr pointless number post by me, thats

100 in on thread, i think thats pretty good no?

hehe sorry, i appologise

Quick Reply: Top 10 bozo questions...