GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Need Your Opinions On These Different Kind Of Tint Ideas!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-01, 02:59 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As you all know NYC is notorious for handing out tickets for tints. BUT I found a way to bypass that Now I've been looking at MIRROR tints for awhile. Now here are my choices and I hope you guys tell me which one is TACKY !!!

1) Just go 20% all around in plain black.

2) Have mirror tints (make the car look like a silver bullet)

**3) Have HALF the window mirror and the other half blend in with black tints.

I'm sure you guys seen on a car where the bottom half of the window is mirror and the upper part is blended to black tints or Vice Versa. I've seen that on a silver S500 and it looked HOT.

Mostly, I want to know do you guys think #3 is an idea that should be left untouched.

Thanks
Old 07-02-01, 03:09 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

D,

i am not sure ... man...i like the 2. better.

will
Old 07-02-01, 04:00 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Diesel,

When you say MIRROR tint does it look like the back half of the RX or a black mirror like a Quantum film gives you.. My 2 cents don't go with the SILVER mirror (RX Style).. Looks too much like a ricer IMO..
Old 07-02-01, 06:40 PM
Gs400TRD
Intermediate

GET the black Metal alloy tint! get 5% in the rear like on my car!
Old 07-02-01, 06:49 PM
GSman
Pole Position

Is this black metal alloy tint made by Quantum? If it is, what is Quantum's line of tint called? Also, will the metallic tint cause any radio reception problems since the antenna is built in?

Thanks,
Old 07-02-01, 09:09 PM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

I think Quantum Tint is the best, it is very reflective, but also aborbs sunlight as much as the Limo tint....I luv it!!
Old 07-03-01, 05:26 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Default ROD MILLEN's CAR WITH MIRROR TINTS

I've been trying to get a pic of that silver rod millen's car with Mirror Tints all around. But that *****in website is always freezing up.

2Savvy, I was kinda looking towards the RX back window type . If you know what I mean by the rod millen tints, it looks kinda like the RX's type if I am not mistaken. I can see how alot of ppl would think its ricer

GS400TRD, you have any pics of your car, its as dark as Gsintensive right? Damn, gsint., your tints are pitch black

Also, how much you guys paid for those kinda of tints? I assume its more $$$ if you want mirror/other tints besides going the traditional route.
Old 07-03-01, 09:50 AM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

D-man,

for the price, my tint guy charges me $150 for titanium, and $220 for the mirror/quantum. full tint
Old 07-03-01, 09:59 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by gs4will
D-man,

for the price, my tint guy charges me $150 for titanium, and $220 for the mirror/quantum. full tint
Damn Will, that is CHEAP compared to here?! I thought things were suppose to be more expensive over there . Over here is like $350-$500 for a quality tint job.

I am still looking for that pics of the Rod Millen silver gs400 with mirror tints to show u guys. When I don't need something its easily accessible, but when I need something I can't find it anymore Go figure.
Old 07-03-01, 10:14 AM
LuvMyLex

Default I think

On a silver car I think the mirror tint looks excellent.
Old 07-03-01, 12:56 PM
gsexploits
Driver

On my 430 I had originally tinted the rear window first with metallic and it killed my NAV system (factory). At first it looked like it was going to work, but as I used it more, it did not pull a signal as well. Also, radio stations that were pulled in before were not consistently pulled in after, so I ended up going with 22% all around with an HP-Solarguard film - national lifetime warranty including fading (that blue/purple colored film thing).

I have a silver car and hoped the metallic would work, but it did not. If someone can tell me how to post a picture to a thread, I will post my car so you can see how it looks - I get nothing but props about the tint from all who see it.

It cost $200 including driver and passenger windows.
Old 07-03-01, 01:11 PM
cklex

i live in md and the price for tint on a 4 door car is 150...and thas for the mirror to black fade...i also have a silver car and i am about to get tints on it. if i were u, i would get the fade, not many people have seen it, and i think thas why no one is recomendin it
Old 07-03-01, 01:19 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by cklex
i live in md and the price for tint on a 4 door car is 150...and thas for the mirror to black fade...i also have a silver car and i am about to get tints on it. if i were u, i would get the fade, not many people have seen it, and i think thas why no one is recomendin it
Cklex, I agree with you that mirror to black fade is really HOT !! I haven't seen any "ricer" cars with that, so it can't look ricer looking I'm surprised I never heard anyone mention about this idea.

$150 is dirt cheap compared to here.
Old 07-03-01, 01:22 PM
cklex

my friend said he saw a silver gs wit the fade on it and it look tight as *****...i'm def gettin it...when do u plan on gettin your? if you want i'll take pictures so u can see what it looks like before u get it..i'm prolly gonna get it in 2 weeks or less
Old 07-03-01, 01:34 PM
gsexploits
Driver

On my 430 I had originally tinted the rear window first with metallic and it killed my NAV system (factory). At first it looked like it was going to work, but as I used it more, it did not pull a signal as well. Also, radio stations that were pulled in before were not consistently pulled in after, so I ended up going with 22% all around with an HP-Solarguard film - national lifetime warranty including fading (that blue/purple colored film thing).

I have a silver car and hoped the metallic would work, but it did not. If someone can tell me how to post a picture to a thread, I will post my car so you can see how it looks - I get nothing but props from all who see it.

It cost $200 including driver and passenger windows.

Quick Reply: Need Your Opinions On These Different Kind Of Tint Ideas!!