GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Alarm Problem, weird.

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-01, 06:33 AM
spinedoc
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I shut the car off the Airbag light stays on, even when I take the key out and lock up the car. I dont know if this is coincidence or not, but the alarm is now going off after a couple of minutes setting it. And I dont know why the airbag light would stay on after shutting the car down (by the way , the airbag goes OFF after starting the car)

So the alarm just goes off, for no reason at all, on a regular basis. I can shut it off, then after a few minutes it will go off. Even if I dont turn on the alarm, but just lock my doors with the key, it goes off. The only remedy is to leave the car with the doors unlocked, and the alarm off, not a good thing in NYC. As you can tell this is kind of an emergency...help !!

Any clues?
Old 07-04-01, 07:32 AM
tek619

Have you installed any aftermarket gadgets?
sounds like you have a weird one, get ready to pay some diagnostic fee on this one
Old 07-04-01, 08:37 AM
spinedoc
Rookie

Default hmm

Today it seems like the alarm is ok, I am visiting my mom and she lives on a super busy street. Im wondering if the sensitivity is just too high, is there any way to adjust this?

The whole SRS light is the weirdest thing. I disconnected the battery and reconnected it to reset any modules. The SRS light stayed off for about 10 minutes, then it went on again. Why would it only be on when the car is shut off?

And yes, I did put some aftermarket gadgets on the car. I had Tweeter add an aftermarket amp to the 4 speakers, and a subwoofer system.

I also added a professional hands free kit for my phone. I did connect the power wires to the fuse box, specificaly to the radio fuse. Im wondering if somehow this triggered the anti theft alarm thru the radio? Anyhow I reconnected the power to another fuse, and it seems the alarm is working OK now.

Thanks
Old 07-04-01, 09:02 AM
tek619

I think your problem has something to do with your aftermarket add-ons. I have never heard of anything like this before. Go back to tweeter and see what they can do, or retrace your wiring. Maybe see if you can get a different voltage source.
Old 07-04-01, 08:48 PM
ealmario
Driver

Default alarm problem

i had the same problem when i purchased an after market sub w/box. after two weeks while the car is running the lights on the dash came on. of course the shop was blaming that to the lexus not on their workmanship. i told them to take it out and the problem disappeared.

ernie