GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

I Must Know These Things...GS Features And Nuances That Aren't In The Glossy Brochure

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-05, 08:55 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question I Must Know These Things...GS Features And Nuances That Aren't In The Glossy Brochure

I have a few questions to all CL Heads in regards to the GS. Having only driven a GS a handful of times, I never paid attention to some of these things in detail. Many of these questions are asked because they are not listed on Lexus' site or in their glossy brochures (some for obvious reasons) Well here they are................

1) Not that I'm a smoker or would allow any fools to smoke in my whip, but is there a rear cigar lighter? I just like knowing it's there.

2) Would an avg size Mobile DVD player fit in the glove compartment?

3) Are the front or rear headrests power?

4) Is there any way to remote your windows/Sunroof up using a dealers C-Best settings?

5 )If I were to add a remote start, would the auto HID's come on at startup? I envision walking in a parking lot with my girl and the HID's Rolling up then down as we approach it. As you can see I love to floss!!

6) Does the GS Nav have diff voices i.e. male/female? My Range had an annoying British accent that I grew to love.

7) And finally for now, Must all GS430s come with factory installed spoilers. If so will there be drill holes in the decklid? Maybe when I get one it may grow on me but I doubt it.

Thanx in advance guys!!!!
Old 08-08-05, 09:08 PM
Cannonbear
Lexus Test Driver

1) no.

2) maybe.

3) no.

4) Down, yes, Up, don't think so.

5) Leave the lights on auto and yeah they should just kick on with the car at night.

6) don't have navi, but i'm thinking no.

7) Probably they all come with spoilers since a 430 is usually pretty well equipped, just swap deck lids with a 300 of the same color if you don't want it.

(i have a 99 400 so this is from a 400 POV, i dont think they changed that much to the 430)
Old 08-09-05, 05:54 AM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Cannonbear
1) no.

2) maybe.

3) no.

4) Down, yes, Up, don't think so.

5) Leave the lights on auto and yeah they should just kick on with the car at night.

6) don't have navi, but i'm thinking no.

7) Probably they all come with spoilers since a 430 is usually pretty well equipped, just swap deck lids with a 300 of the same color if you don't want it.

(i have a 99 400 so this is from a 400 POV, i dont think they changed that much to the 430)
Thanx for the reply.....as for question 4 can't the dealer do the C-best to customize it to go up and possibly overide the factory setting. I always loved how Benz and BMW windows would roll up using your remote and not having to insert the key in the door.
Old 08-09-05, 06:45 AM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

my 430 did NOT come with a spoiler..
Old 08-09-05, 07:11 AM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 00lexondub
So there is hope. Do you have the Nav/ML pkg
Old 08-09-05, 07:28 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 00lexondub
neither did mine. mine also came with 16s. no nav(didn't want it anyway),& no ML(that is the only option I wish it had.)
Old 08-09-05, 10:30 AM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Thanx to those who replied. Come on CL 100 looks and 3 replies. Come on y'all, I know you guys have some insight on this. Does The Nav have voice options? Can the C-Best settings be changed for remote window up? Anybody installed DVD in their glove compartment? I appreciate all responses (flaming included).
Old 08-09-05, 11:46 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

There are several people who have installed DVD players in the glove box. I don't believe you can swith the gender on the navigation system and the windows will go down if you hold the unlock button, but to make them raise up, you'll have to use the key. I think you can have that adjusted by the dealership as well as the locking of one or more of your doors with remote and when you put the car into drive. If you want the headlights to dance when you start your car with a remote start installed, then leave your headlights on auto, like mentioned above, and make sure you're in an area where it is dark.

Old 08-09-05, 06:18 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by chicagoblknazn
There are several people who have installed DVD players in the glove box. I don't believe you can swith the gender on the navigation system and the windows will go down if you hold the unlock button, but to make them raise up, you'll have to use the key. I think you can have that adjusted by the dealership as well as the locking of one or more of your doors with remote and when you put the car into drive. If you want the headlights to dance when you start your car with a remote start installed, then leave your headlights on auto, like mentioned above, and make sure you're in an area where it is dark.

Good looking on that reply. I definitely love the HID remote start idea. That's definitely a good look. Now if I can get a confirmation on the express up windows with the remote key. That always looks good at the club.

Last edited by LexLaw; 08-09-05 at 06:22 PM.
Old 08-09-05, 09:54 PM
PineGreen
Pole Position

I don't think you can get the windows to roll up w/ the remote on the key. You actually have to stick the key in the door lock.

Here's an old thread of C-best settings that you might find helpful.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ghlight=c-best