GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

98 gs400 tan interior, TOASTY A pillar, help?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-05, 05:47 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 98 gs400 tan interior, TOASTY A pillar, help?

hey guys- long story short, anyone know where i can get a replacement interior A pillar piece for the driver side? im talking about the cloth covered part inside near the window, you know, exactly where your #(&^$@!# hand would go towards to ash, and hit with a lit cigarrette if you werent paying attention to what the !@#$ you were doing im usually careful and im tryin to quit, but damage is done..its the larger part closest to you while your in the drivers seat, i messed with it a little and it looks like it will pop right out... i could try getting it re-upholstered but then id have to do the other side as well to make it even sort of match.... any info u guys got i appreciate, thanks..oh yeah, its a white 98 gs400, tan interior.

mike d.
Attached Images  
Old 08-18-05, 06:01 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pm Aliga, I think he can get all kinds of parts for the GS.
Old 08-18-05, 07:16 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The salesman at my dealer burned mine as well when getting my car for me and the part was $125. They paid for it ofcourse.
Old 08-18-05, 09:20 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Mike, don't know if this will help but I plan to put a digital recorder right there. I saw this feature on the LS, very neat and handy b/c I'm usually jotting things down. Now, I would just hit record and I'm good to go.
I'm going to reroute the microphone and output speaker, just a thought for new mods out there and since there' s hole there already, might as well cut it.
The whole pillar does pop out FYI
Old 08-18-05, 12:25 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

thanks for the responses guys. i think im going to pop the pillar off and bring it into a fabric store to see how close i can get to the stock color. i used to wrap interior parts on cars havent done it in forever though. if i cant find an almost identical match though im not going to bother because itll just end up coming out cheap and *****ty looking
Old 08-18-05, 12:48 PM
Lvangundy

The dealer smoked in your car?

WTF?

Originally Posted by chicagoblknazn
The salesman at my dealer burned mine as well when getting my car for me and the part was $125. They paid for it ofcourse.
Old 08-18-05, 01:35 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lvangundy

WTF?

i was thinking the same thing, good thing they immediately bit the bullet and replaced it for free..shouldnt have let it happen to begin with tho.
Old 08-18-05, 01:37 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

WTF?
Chea, I was thinking the same thing. Was it a cigar? Pipe or plain old Marlboro? Anyway it's god they paid for it, as they should.
Old 08-18-05, 01:42 PM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

WTF?
yeah....it was near quittin time, and he ran to get the car for me to test drive while they look over my ES I was trading in. When he got in it, he accidentally singed the pillas and left a nasty burn mark there. I saw it happen and he said he'd take care of it. I drove it off the lot in less then 30 minutes as the new owner.

The dealership is a Bentley dealership and specialize in Exotics. I think they are owned by the that other Bentley Dealership in NY that sell to the elite of NY. they also own the Bentley dealership Downtown here and another Luxury Motors near me. The salemen are all hot young italian and greek men dressed in designer suits and expensive italian loafers. They didn't care about my car....they all drove CLs and SLs and BMW 7s.
Old 08-18-05, 01:51 PM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LexLaw
Chea, I was thinking the same thing. Was it a cigar? Pipe or plain old Marlboro? Anyway it's god they paid for it, as they should.

It was a cigar.....I didn't have to complain, cuz he said he'd handle it...then he pulled away to go home in his CL55 AMG and said the papers are in finance when I was done with the Lex.....he didn't stay to finish teh deal...he knew i wanted the car and he wasn't worried about commision.
Old 08-18-05, 06:00 PM
GQD_GS4
Lexus Test Driver

yeah....it was near quittin time, and he ran to get the car for me to test drive while they look over my ES I was trading in. When he got in it, he accidentally singed the pillas and left a nasty burn mark there. I saw it happen and he said he'd take care of it. I drove it off the lot in less then 30 minutes as the new owner.

The dealership is a Bentley dealership and specialize in Exotics. I think they are owned by the that other Bentley Dealership in NY that sell to the elite of NY. they also own the Bentley dealership Downtown here and another Luxury Motors near me. The salemen are all hot young italian and greek men dressed in designer suits and expensive italian loafers. They didn't care about my car....they all drove CLs and SLs and BMW 7s.

you must be talking about bentley in downers grove! i was just there this week to check out a high mileage (115000) gs400 for $12,899. however, the car was a piece. the a/c was broken, the gauges didnt light up or work, and the engine bay was FILTHY. the first 5 minutes in that car made me realize how much of a gem my car was when i bought it at 83K. everything worked and still works.
Old 08-18-05, 08:12 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

WTF?
sounds like technically it wasn't "his car" yet. But still, that is weak.
Old 08-19-05, 06:54 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GQD_GS4
you must be talking about bentley in downers grove! i was just there this week to check out a high mileage (115000) gs400 for $12,899. however, the car was a piece. the a/c was broken, the gauges didnt light up or work, and the engine bay was FILTHY. the first 5 minutes in that car made me realize how much of a gem my car was when i bought it at 83K. everything worked and still works.

Yup. I saw my car there, and it was in perfect condition.....but they didn't care about it......they hardly batted an eye at me. You should have seen how they literally ripped my old plates off the ES300 I traded in. They put one foot on the trunk, and grabbed the plate with one hand and yanked it off. I almost fainted.
Old 08-19-05, 10:54 AM
GQD_GS4
Lexus Test Driver

Yup. I saw my car there, and it was in perfect condition.....but they didn't care about it......they hardly batted an eye at me. You should have seen how they literally ripped my old plates off the ES300 I traded in. They put one foot on the trunk, and grabbed the plate with one hand and yanked it off. I almost fainted.

ya those guys over there only really care about the big sales....to them lexus is just something they offer on the side. too bad they dont know just how long our cars last...