GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

The TACKIEST LEXUS I EVER SAW

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-01, 10:18 AM
whitediamond
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was at the Lexus dealer picking something up when I pulled around the service bay to see some other owners car. Out in front was a red/maroon GS300. Now of course everyone has their own opinion of what their car should look like but.....
He put the large rear deck lid "LEXUS" gold emblem in the middle of both front doors.
The he had a big LEXUS sticker on the top of his front winshield. So Hyundai'ish.
Then...He had his FRONT license plate mounted not in the middle of the bumper but 1 foot over from the middle.
Then he had a GS gold emblem on both sides of the front fenders.
And for exhaust tips- four gold 1.5 inch round tips expelling the gases.

And where did he put the 300 emblem?
Right above the front grill in the middle of the hood!

Probably had hydraulics but I was already disgusted.
But then the guy at the dealership says a Lexus should never be lowered and have a exhaust like my car, so to each their own.

Old 07-07-01, 10:27 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Thumbs down

For some reason, I have a picture in my head that the guy probably wears platform shoes, and bell-bottom pants blah!
Old 07-07-01, 10:53 AM
QBranchCars
Lead Lap

Whitediamond,

Should have taken some pictures!

We should start a contest to see who can find the ricest/tackiest Lexus.
Old 07-07-01, 10:55 AM
Brian S
Lead Lap

Originally posted by whitediamond

He put the large rear deck lid "LEXUS" gold emblem in the middle of both front doors...
Then he had a GS gold emblem on both sides of the front fenders...
Well, of course! People must know your pimpin' ghetto cruiser as they're driving by on the freeway.

Brian
Old 07-07-01, 11:50 AM
mooretorque
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

Good description of a car, picture of which could be kept in everyone's home medicine cabinet to induce vomiting in emergencies.

Did you get a look at the interior?? I'm guessing it had been recovered with velour...
Old 07-07-01, 06:12 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is tacky man,but i saw some real stupid **** as well.
I saw a LS 400 with a LS 500 emblem in its place and V-12 emblems on the rear shoulder.I was like WTF! is that ****.The car was still park when i left the area and i was courious about who had this car, i was going to whack him over the head with my autolock.

The onwer replaced the 400 emblem with a benz S 500 emblem and stuck two CL600 V-12 emblems on the rear shoulders.

Oh yeah LS 500 V-12 my ***!
Old 07-07-01, 07:46 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ok I have another misguided Lexus owner and a description.. Picture this.. Green first generation GS slammed.. Buddy did the full lower panel in chrome and had "BAD BOY" imprinted in BLACK.. 5" round exhaust tips out back and to top off his ride he had two fuzzy green dice hanging from his rear view mirror.. LOL..

Saw this kick butt ride (LOL) about 2 weeks ago at a McDonald's.. Wish I had my camera with me and this thread just reminded me of it.. HAHA..

People that do these things to a GS or any Lexus should be all ***** slapped.. Just my 2 cents on misguided people who should not own a luxury car..
Old 07-07-01, 08:00 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn, my stomach hurts! I think I need to throw up now...BLEAH! What about the wheels? Did either car have wheels? On the second car, I can picture some chrome Albas or some other crappy *** cheap and/or knock-off wheels...has to be in chrome though!

On the first, I picture this guy is MORE PIMPIN' then the "Bad Boy" so he probably has more "upscale" wheel like the Lexanis (DOUBLE BLEAH!) or he probably though he was SERIOUSLY BIG pimpin' and bought some ghetto Giovannas! (Oh geez, here comes my lunch...)

2Savvy - Hehehehe, though not as extreme as the monstrosity you just described, this is how I feel when I see a LOT of the Lexus cars out there that are "supposidly" fixed up...

I think the phrase people aren't getting is the "LUXURY CAR" part....last time I check, fixing you car up like it's a '88 Honda Civic or a any year/any model Buick doesn't fit with the whole "LUXURY CAR" theme....

We need to start a www.lexusbeaterz.com! We can put photos of the cars owned by the "what's the cheapest...." people in there to start...you know...the "I have $50.32, what dubz can I put on my car?!" type of people...
Old 07-07-01, 09:31 PM
nanotech
Lexus Test Driver

I almost threw up reading that too...I thought this forum was moderated!!!....j/k

How could you stand to look at a car like that?

I wonder how he got the quad exhaust setup though, it probably looked tacky, and I HAD wanted to do a quad setup like some of the...is it TTE?...setups I had seen, not anymore though, I think it would be a little too much for my taste
Old 07-08-01, 04:16 AM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Manaray,

Actually he didn't have knock-off wheels on that scary ride.. He looked like he chromed the factory wheels that came with the first gen GS since I don't remember if that was an option back then.. But you called it he had chrome wheels to blend nicely with his lower body panel.. LOL

BTW that website idea is a killer one.. Imagine all the misguided souls that we could put on that site.. We could vote on tackiest ride of the month and give out prizes.. Get Lexus to sponsor the site with a disclaimer (This is not what you should do to a Lexus as it isn't in "the relentless pursuit of perfection" just stupidity).. ROFLMAO..
Old 07-08-01, 01:27 PM
MikeGS4PE
Lexus Test Driver

"But then the guy at the dealership says a Lexus should never be lowered and have a exhaust like my car, so to each their own. "

But you are running factory, L-Tuned, shocks/springs so what's his problem??? Exhaust is not biggie either.
Old 07-08-01, 05:41 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

2Savvy - Hehehehe, I don't know if Lexus would want to have ANY ties to www.lexusbeaterz.com! I'm sure they'd find it funny though!

I think the prizes should consist of the following...

5th place - Swift kick in the *** by 10 CL members.

4th place - Swift kick in the head, by EVERY CL member.

3rd place - 4th and 5th place prices plus you buy every CL member dinner.

2nd place - We strip your Lexus (some parts might still be useful!) plus 3rd, 4th and 5th place prices. Parts donated to Club Lexus members who need 'em.

1st place - We REPO your Lexus and give you a '87 Hyundai Excel plus 3rd, 4th and 5th place prices.

Old 07-08-01, 06:09 PM
LeXusBoy
Lead Lap

Originally posted by manaray
We need to start a www.lexusbeaterz.com! We can put photos of the cars owned by the "what's the cheapest...." people in there to start...you know...the "I have $50.32, what dubz can I put on my car?!" type of people...
I got a server we can use ... lol
Old 07-08-01, 07:05 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Old 07-08-01, 07:19 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

ROFLMAO.. Globe like I have said before you are the man when it comes to Photoshop.. Thanks for the Sunday night laugh!

Quick Reply: The TACKIEST LEXUS I EVER SAW