GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

fast and furious

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-01, 07:48 PM
y2kgs
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey nanotech

thanks for your comments, ever sense I got them chrome. they looks so much better. Just wish they were 19's rather than 18's with my kit.
Old 07-10-01, 10:15 PM
lex430
Lead Lap

Originally posted by y2kgs
The things I see wrong is that these 2 are the stunt cars. Water advertisement. The Supra I saw in the movie seem to be running 19's and the one here are 18's. Over all its just a picture of the cars from the movie. Doesn't look as nice as it did then.

When do you think the next one will be out and hopefully there will be some GS doing some racing as well.
I am just amazed, how can you tell the size of the tires from the picture?

Old 07-10-01, 10:31 PM
y2kgs
Pole Position

The funny thing about the Supra from the movie is the Spec. Quarter mile is at 12.2 is OK but not fast as others out there.
I guess its about who you know rather than what your car can really do.
Here is the link to the Supra from the movie I got from the IS form.
http://formen.ign.com/news/36045.html
Old 07-11-01, 08:17 AM
ceoart
Pole Position

Cool

Has a white paper on the Windshield should have been Green Papers.
Old 07-11-01, 09:32 AM
KingLexus
Driver School Candidate

Funny you should mention that. I was mowing the front lawn yesterday and grabbed bottle with the mower a bit sideways and hell the rear drive wheels starting spinning and I shot up a 6" wide path of dirt onto to the street........Damn 5hp shot of nitrous blew off the carb too on that LawnBoy. These guys at Tony's Lawnmower will be ticked again when I bring that mower back in for warranty

KingLexus
2000 GS400 19's (license plate M5 KILR)
825HP Supra (license plate VIPRKLR)
Supercharged Land Cruiser
"all other toys have nitrous "

Originally posted by mooretorque
Bet your neighbors LAO when you touch off the nitrous on the lawn mower.........I've got this mental image of grass clippings being ejected halfway across the street.
Old 07-11-01, 09:59 AM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

The funny thing about the Supra from the movie is the Spec. Quarter mile is at 12.2 is OK but not fast as others out there.
I guess its about who you know rather than what your car can really do.
Here is the link to the Supra from the movie I got from the IS form.
http://formen.ign.com/news/36045.html
I am not impressed - I bet Steve's Supra can do MUCH better especially now that he has it converted to a single turbo...mmmmmmm

Brent
Old 07-11-01, 10:18 AM
KingLexus
Driver School Candidate

Contrary to what I have read on the forums here, Brembo DOES make a factory Supra sized, cross-drilled rotor assembly. Online prices are around $170 each.

Mark Tozer
SupraStore.com
2000 GS400 - 19's yada yada yada
825HP Supra
other stuff too.....

Originally posted by tinygs

Hello KingLexus, how are you?
Do you know of an aftermarket cross-drilled rotor that is designed to be used as a direct replacement of the Supra TT stock rotor? (utilizing the stock SupraTT caliper)
Thanks, Tiny
Old 07-11-01, 10:48 AM
v300
Lead Lap

Default Diablo Candy Pearl Orange Supra

Originally posted by BLiu

I am not impressed - I bet Steve's Supra can do MUCH better especially now that he has it converted to a single turbo...mmmmmmm

Brent
Brent,

If you are talking about Craig's car, Steve's car might actually end up looking at the candy orange bumper. Besides the flashy "show" aspect Craig's Supra is repected in it's own right. You have to understand that Supra is running a slightly smaller turbo with the advantage of ball-bearings and there is a direct port injection 75-100 shot NOS system (cheater!). Oh yeah, supposedly those hillybillys in Rusk (bad pun, bad these guys are highly respected) did the cylinder head work.

Then again if you add in all the show features: 19in wheels as opposed to 18in, engine chrome plating work, TVs, sound system, playstation(s), neons, the car weighs in probably 300+ over stock and the rotational inertia on the wheels will be a disadvantage in any race scenario.

Push comes to shove, Steve needs to take his car to a legal drag and push his T78 and get some numbers. Remember that you need a helmet that is DOT/Snell and fire proof.
Old 07-11-01, 11:00 AM
y2kgs
Pole Position

I think what Brent is saying is that they should have gotten a fast car for the movie. There are many Supra's out there that can hit 9's and 10's with NOS so why use a car that can only pull 12.2
I had a 3000GT VR4 that pulls 12 flat all day long w/out NOS. Yes, had a complete sound system as well.
Old 07-11-01, 01:54 PM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

I think what Brent is saying is that they should have gotten a fast car for the movie. There are many Supra's out there that can hit 9's and 10's with NOS so why use a car that can only pull 12.2
I had a 3000GT VR4 that pulls 12 flat all day long w/out NOS. Yes, had a complete sound system as well.
Thanks y2kgs,

You are right on.

They make it sound like that car is AWESOME. It's great but those Supra performance numbers are a dime a dozen, sorry! Right now in the West Coast, there are about 5 300ZTT upgrading to the HKS ball bearing turbos that will pull about 600HP easily along with the tuning and other modifications. I am sure there is an equal amount of Supras out there doing the same...

I am just saying that the Orange Supra is pretty ordinary except for the color.:eek: No disrespect intended, it's just a comment of how once again movies misrepresent the reality of what is truly is out there...No flames intended.

Brent

Last edited by BLiu; 07-11-01 at 01:58 PM.
Old 07-11-01, 02:32 PM
T66Supra

Actually it does have a removable roof. There are 2 ways to tell. If you look closely at the front edge of the roff, just past the windshield, you can see the split. also non-targa cars have a "crease" on the roof on both sides that is not present on the one in the picture.

As far as the cars they bought, they bought at least 2 turbo Supras, all Supras they bought as stunt cars were targa top equipped automatics. The main stunt car in the movie was a turbo (the one you see sliding, racing around, jumping, etc.) How do know all this? They bought one of the Supras from me.

Originally posted by xsuperjoex
The Supra had a removable roof...this one doesn't...

I was also thinking the stickers...

Oh and the biggest error of this picture...these cars aren't parked in my garage...
Old 07-11-01, 02:38 PM
T66Supra

Et is just a matter of how good the car can hook. The turbo Craig's car has is capable of ~650 RWHP, how do I know? It's the same turbo I got, a T66. On turbo alone that turbo is capable of ~10.5's @ 135+ MPH or so. Many people have done this.

You are right though, 600+ RWHP is nothing special in the Supra world anymore.

Originally posted by BLiu

Thanks y2kgs,

You are right on.

They make it sound like that car is AWESOME. It's great but those Supra performance numbers are a dime a dozen, sorry! Right now in the West Coast, there are about 5 300ZTT upgrading to the HKS ball bearing turbos that will pull about 600HP easily along with the tuning and other modifications. I am sure there is an equal amount of Supras out there doing the same...

I am just saying that the Orange Supra is pretty ordinary except for the color.:eek: No disrespect intended, it's just a comment of how once again movies misrepresent the reality of what is truly is out there...No flames intended.

Brent
Old 07-11-01, 03:32 PM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

They should've had the Green and Yellow Craig Paisley Supra, Kyle Puckett's SGP TTZ, Ed Bergenholtz CRX, Papadakis' Honda, Adam S's RX7 in the movie instead...talk about FAST and FURIOUS

Brent

Last edited by BLiu; 07-11-01 at 03:36 PM.
Old 07-11-01, 04:24 PM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Talk about fast and furious, check this out...

www.itonsite.net/chris/highspeed12.wmv

Dial-ups beware...

Brent
Old 07-11-01, 04:54 PM
v300
Lead Lap

Default No flames intended

Brent,

No flames intended on the Supra issue. I think think using Sawatari's RX-7, Paisley's Supra?/Thundra, Puckett's SGP TTZ, Bergenholtz CRX, Papadakis' Civic? might not work in everyday street driving situations and especially stop and go traffic. I thought the idea of the movie evolved around the import scene: mod-ed street cars and the subcultures behind it.

Anyways, nice video of a 2001 GSX-R1000. I highly do not recommend cyclist drive that dangerously fast and recklessly on public roads. They are just putting other motorist and themselves in danger. If you like that one I have an even better mpeg with a pre fuel injection GSX-R600 SRAD with a turbo. I don't know where to upload it to.

Quick Reply: fast and furious