GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)
View Poll Results: Is it annoying?
Yes.
94.12%
No.
5.88%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Anyone else annoyed with people leaning on your car?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-05, 09:16 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric-GS300-

oh believe me if that particular person leans on my car again it's on like donkey kong. I came out and there were finger prints on my car..." and starts ranting.... So I just cut him of with "KARMA IS A B**** hahahahaha." and hung up. I haven't felt this vidicated in a long time.
LMAO you're a fool and i love you for that. (In a very heterosexual way)
Old 08-26-05, 10:16 PM
Eric-RPS13-
Lead Lap

why am I a fool? would you not say the same thing in my position? lol
Old 08-27-05, 07:19 AM
noop
Instructor

I took my car to this camp site we go to every year its for a shrine... make a long story short, there is like 3000 people there, everytime I look at my car there is a couple people leaning on it, best way I could get them to get off with out having to start any trouble was hitting the panic button everytime I seen someone leaning on it. Plus after I got home I noticed someone had keyed my car... and I had a big A$$ scratch on the hood from people sitting on the hood.
Old 08-27-05, 08:59 AM
GS Kid 300
Pole Position

I hate people who lean on my car.. and this morning I went to my friends house and I see two kids throwing a football by my car .... I hit the panic button and they ran off...
Old 08-27-05, 10:05 AM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I get completely pissed when someone does it to my car, not even friends and my wife.
Old 08-27-05, 12:44 PM
tofu_house
Lexus Champion

hahaha i was at school trying to leave when one of my friends were hugging my hood telling me the car is soo beautiful...

and then this kid that i don't know comes up and says this is my car and hugs the hood really hard while i'm inside it...

and by hard i don't mean he just bent down and hugged it... i mean he slammed down on top of it...

got out and clocked him in the jaw... i got yelled at by his mother who happens to be a teacher at my school... she gave me a whole lecture about how the hood of a car is not worth nearly the amount of a human jaw or something... i don't know.. i wasn't really listening... i was checking my hood for any dents or scratches... he got lucky...

but i don't mind if my friends lean on the car or something when we're talking...

there is a difference however when someone i don't know is on the car... i just hit the panic button or i tell them to get the f off... that's all.
Old 08-27-05, 01:04 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

that pisses me off also 1st time i see them doing that i say "please dont lean on my car" second time i say get your azz off my car,cause its not a park bench !! something else that pisses me off it should also be a poll...is when i park out in the boon docks away from stores and what not i always get some azz that parks next to me in like a 72 pintow wagon with the rust falling off

Last edited by lexusondubs; 08-27-05 at 01:07 PM.
Old 08-27-05, 01:19 PM
aliti19
Lexus Test Driver

Not just leaning for me - if anyone is within 10 feet of my car, i get jumpy.
I though I was bad w/ my Maxima, but damn - this car makes me even more paranoid. It's so beautiful, everyone wants to check it out. I find face-oil & fingerprint marks on my side window all the time.

I always park faaar, faaar away in the parking lots unless there is a space on the corner, or it's a big spot.

I have my whole family & girlfriend trained to not **** with my cars. When i first started dating my girl, she put her purse on my roof & i layed the law down immediately.
There is no food, drink or smoking EVER allowed in my baby. Only water.

I know i'm not the only one like this, and this thread makes me feel much better about my auto-analness.
Old 08-27-05, 01:24 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by aliti19
I though I was bad w/ my Maxima, but damn - this car makes me even more paranoid. It's so beautiful, everyone wants to check it out. I find face-oil & fingerprint marks on my side window all the time.

I always park faaar, faaar away in the parking lots unless there is a space on the corner, or it's a big spot.

I have my whole family & girlfriend trained to not **** with my cars. When i first started dating my girl, she put her purse on my roof & i layed the law down immediately.

I know i'm not the only one like this, and this thread makes me feel much better about my auto-analness.
LOL i feel the same way !! LOL
Old 08-27-05, 01:58 PM
MarkW2005

Angry

It pisses me off when I see some stranger touch my baby.

I just walk up to that prevert and give him a good old fashion smack down!
Old 08-27-05, 02:03 PM
MarkW2005

Originally Posted by aliti19

I know how you feel man! We gotta watch out for our babies! There are too many auto sex offenders out there! LOL
Old 08-27-05, 02:16 PM
EFMJR
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is funny, just last night I just spent a couple hours washing my car and I went to drop off something to my daughter (shes 14) and she was leaning on the roof of my car talking to me, I just reached over and handed her a microfiber towel and told her to wipe off her traces and Threatend her with her life. My kids and girlfriend are not allowed to eat, drink or sometimes breath in my car. I carry a pack of microfiber towels in my car at all times just in case. Its when you dont have any towels, someone spills something. Seems like its hard to teach kids to respect other people and their property. It doesnt help that the mother of my two kids has not respect for anything either. She drives cars that really should be in the junk yard (literally). So my kids get used to that and I have to remind them constantly to have respect, I also told them that if I ever get a call from someone telling me that one of my kids are responsably for damaging property, they are going to get it.

All this reminds me, Just four days after i bought my car, my coworker that I have been good friend with for about 7 1/2 years now, and we go to lunch probably two to three times a week. Well we went to get lunch and he wanted to check out my new car. I work for a paint manufacturer and it can get a bit dirty, but hes normally really good about not getting anything in my cars and I also have the clear plastic floor mats to protect the oem carpet ones, so i thought it would be alright. Well, that night I went home and was loading the cd changer and I looked down and notinced the plastic floor mat had been kicked to the side a bit and wham, a quarter size spot of white oil based paint. . It took me about an hour to get it out but I got it all out. Thanks god the floormats had just been cleaned so I didnt have a clean spot amungst the dirty. The next morning I told him about it and he just shruged his sholders and made a joke of it. It set me off, I was ready to go for it It wasnt so much the fact he got the paint in my car, it was the fact he acted as if he didnt care. After I told him off for about two days, and imposed a lifetime ban, I told him I felt as if he had walked up and slaped one of my kids which is a definate *** whooping going to happen. he realized I was seriously pisssed about it when he started walking up to my car and was trying to get in, and I reminded him of the ban and drove off. I have since lifted the ban but hes on probation right now. I told him if he does it again he will find his Escalade with the drivers side door kicked in to show him what its like to have someone mess with something you love. He then apoligized for it, but that is just an example of how alot of people dont respect other peoples stuff. I try to treat other peoples stuff better than my own. Its how I was raised, and am trying to rasise my kids the same way. Wish more parents would also teach their kids some respect. Now that I have vented, i feel better. Where do i send the couseling fee to?
Old 08-27-05, 02:34 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

It bothers me a little when people lean on the car but not as much as when you park and some old fart just kicks his door open to get out and not even realizing what he might hit or that he's not paying attention... We put alot of money in these vehicles which they are our pride and joy so i know where everyone is coming from... Or someone may say "nice car " and touch the hell out of it and get prints all over it... That ticks me off... I like what EFMJR said about giving that person a microfiber towel and tell them to whipe LOL Thats pretty funny
Old 08-27-05, 02:46 PM
aliti19
Lexus Test Driver

I have microfiber towels in my car at all times too. Especially a day like today... i just washed my car & after i drive it around a bit, i dry off all the water spots from the door/trunk hinges and side mirrors.
Old 08-27-05, 03:58 PM
EFMJR
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The best complement I had was when I was getting out to go into a store, a kid about 6 years old told me, "Thats a nice car!" and he didnt touch it he just stod there looking at it. His mother told him "yea its nice huh, just dont touch it, we wouldnt want to get it dirty." I told them thanks and told his mom i appreciated that some parents are trying to teach their kids to respect others stuff.

and as far as People flinging open their doors. I try to park far away from others, but still you get the ahole who insist on parking next to you. I always walk around the car and check for damage, and Ive been lucky so far, but I just know when It does happen, they will have a little gift themselfs. Never know when the steel toe boots come in handy. Im sorry, I live in fresno and there are so many people who dont care about other peoples stuff or intetionally do it cause their jeloius. I just get tired of the attitude people around here have.

Last edited by EFMJR; 08-27-05 at 04:04 PM.

Quick Reply: Anyone else annoyed with people leaning on your car?