GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)
View Poll Results: Is it annoying?
Yes.
94.12%
No.
5.88%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Anyone else annoyed with people leaning on your car?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-05, 07:36 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

I hear ya You could park way back in the parking lot and some fool will park next to you even though there's spots up front... What a pita that is I don't understand it...
Old 08-27-05, 09:47 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EFMJR
I always walk around the car and check for damage, and Ive been lucky so far, but I just know when It does happen, they will have a little gift themselfs. Never know when the steel toe boots come in handy.
LMAO I thought my Ric Flair Chest Slap was enough, you're read to take it one step further with the SGT. Slaughter Steel Toe Boots. I respect that though. People will take you there.
Old 08-27-05, 09:52 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Last person to lean on my car was my mom. Honestly I don't know what the hell she was thinking, so I didn't want to yell at her so I just screamed "frog" and she leaped away from my car. I later told her the truth...

Actually now that I think about it I was talking to ken about this once that at shows people think our cars are for their up close pleasure. I have had people litterally get in and sit in my car at shows like they owned the car. I had a woman change a stocking in my car once, This I didn't try to stop but than a family walked up to my car and the father sat in my seat and his son jumped in back seat, I walked over and said, "You brake it you buy it" and he jumped out apologizing but still it gets crazy at shows.

Last edited by bluelex; 08-27-05 at 09:56 PM.
Old 08-27-05, 10:30 PM
EFMJR
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last person to lean on my car was my mom. Honestly I don't know what the hell she was thinking, so I didn't want to yell at her so I just screamed "frog" and she leaped away from my car.
With my luck my mom would jump on the hood or something. Hate to have to go there with my mom , shed probably kick my a$$. I could never be mean to my mom, she did let me leach off her body for nine months, then sqeezed me out, and had to raise me for 18 years. I guess if she leans on my car, i cant say too much.

Actually now that I think about it I was talking to ken about this once that at shows people think our cars are for their up close pleasure. I have had people litterally get in and sit in my car at shows like they owned the car.
Dont some show let you put the rope thingie's around the cars? Just hide a one of those electric dog fence wires in the ropes so when they touch it they will realize you mean buissness.

I had a woman change a stocking in my car once, This I didn't try to stop
Dont blame you there, did you offer to help her? Could be the future ex wife there.

Last edited by EFMJR; 08-27-05 at 10:37 PM.
Old 08-28-05, 01:04 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It would bother me if someone I don't know does this. My family, however, tends to not do this since they know how I obsess over the car. If in some instance they do, it is not a big deal. To me, at the end of the day, it is just a car. Any physical mishap on the car can be fixed. Having your family think that the car is more important than they are is not worth it for me.
Old 08-28-05, 01:25 AM
aliti19
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Neo
Having your family think that the car is more important than they are is not worth it for me.
[computer voice] can-not-com-pre-hend [/computer voice]

I guess you have a point.
Old 08-28-05, 10:52 AM
Eric-RPS13-
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tmf2004
It bothers me a little when people lean on the car but not as much as when you park and some old fart just kicks his door open to get out and not even realizing what he might hit or that he's not paying attention... We put alot of money in these vehicles which they are our pride and joy so i know where everyone is coming from... Or someone may say "nice car " and touch the hell out of it and get prints all over it... That ticks me off... I like what EFMJR said about giving that person a microfiber towel and tell them to whipe LOL Thats pretty funny
YA!! why is it always some old guy! I don't get that.
dude people purposefully seek our cars out when we park far away, it's a conspiracy lol

Last edited by Eric-GS300-; 08-28-05 at 11:00 AM.
Old 08-28-05, 12:08 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric-GS300-
YA!! why is it always some old guy! I don't get that.
dude people purposefully seek our cars out when we park far away, it's a conspiracy lol
At least i'm not the only one that thinks this... Your right man there out to get us with are nice cars

T
Old 08-28-05, 02:03 PM
EFMJR
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Your right man there out to get us with are nice cars

T

I think Ill call My contacts at the white house and make sure their aware of this consipacy, so that they can get the appropiate people to investigate this vile war being waged against us Nice car owners. Its terrorism at its worst form, there terrorising not only our minds, but our defensles Cars we love so much. Its disqusting if you ask me. I wonder if Osama's behind this one also?
Old 08-28-05, 02:11 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

I currently have about 2k in damages that other people where so kind to leave on my car.
You can say I am a bit paranoid if someone looks at it funny.
Old 08-29-05, 07:12 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

I hate it when anyone else other then me touches my car. I do a quick detail on my ride almost every weekend, and I can not stand parking my car when I go to work, and I come back to it after work and I see fingerprints all over the windows on the street side. And I really am not a big fan of kids, because I'll come back to my car and there are little people HAND prints all over my chromes and side of the car, because some kid wanted to touch my tires, which have tire shine on them.

That glass thing gets me the worst though.....especially when they use the window to shut the door, instead of the side of the doors.
Old 08-29-05, 09:53 AM
2jzfanatic
Driver School Candidate

I'm kind of a puss when it comes to being confrontational, however I can't say the same for my wife. I hate going out to some of these car hang outs, but one evening a buddy of mine talked me into it. We were all sitting around, shooting the poop when some guy decides to lean on my Supra. Now granted it has a 12 year old paint job, but it still looks decent and worst of all it is black. My wife nudges me and says look at this sob. She asks are you going to say anything and before I reply. She yells (HEY ARE YOU MAKING PAYMENTS FOR THAT THING?) the guy just gave her a funny look with no response. Then she adds (I SUGGEST YOU GET YOUR DIRTY A** OFF) I was thinking dam, who pissed in her cheerios this morning. I spose leaning on someones car is like letting your dog take a poo in somones nice green lawn.. No respect!
Old 08-29-05, 09:59 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 2jzfanatic
I'm kind of a puss when it comes to being confrontational, however I can't say the same for my wife. I hate going out to some of these car hang outs, but one evening a buddy of mine talked me into it. We were all sitting around, shooting the poop when some guy decides to lean on my Supra. Now granted it has a 12 year old paint job, but it still looks decent and worst of all it is black. My wife nudges me and says look at this sob. She asks are you going to say anything and before I reply. She yells (HEY ARE YOU MAKING PAYMENTS FOR THAT THING?) the guy just gave her a funny look with no response. Then she adds (I SUGGEST YOU GET YOUR DIRTY A** OFF) I was thinking dam, who pissed in her cheerios this morning. I spose leaning on someones car is like letting your dog take a poo in somones nice green lawn.. No respect!
That is what I am talking 'bout!! That us love.....kiss your wife for me. My ex, didn't care or understand why it pissed me off so much........so I cut his @$$ loose.
Old 08-29-05, 02:52 PM
Tuna
Pole Position

I take my dad grocery shopping every couple weeks. It's kinda a ritual for us. One time, when we got back to his place, he took the last thing out of the trunk, which was a case of soda, and he set it on the bumper and held it there with his leg while he closed the trunk. I yelled at him "don't set that on the paint!!!" and he quickly grabbed it and set it on the ground. I felt bad about it later because I could have been a bit more calm about it. I think some of you overreact. I don't like people leaning on my car either, but I'll always ask them politely not to lean. Most of the people close to me know how much I love my car and they respect that so they don't do it. People are more important than cars are. You can always fix damage, but you can't always fix your relationship with a friend because you got mad over a silly thing like leaning on your car.
Old 08-31-05, 10:13 AM
Eric-RPS13-
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Tuna
I take my dad grocery shopping every couple weeks. It's kinda a ritual for us. One time, when we got back to his place, he took the last thing out of the trunk, which was a case of soda, and he set it on the bumper and held it there with his leg while he closed the trunk. I yelled at him "don't set that on the paint!!!" and he quickly grabbed it and set it on the ground. I felt bad about it later because I could have been a bit more calm about it. I think some of you overreact. I don't like people leaning on my car either, but I'll always ask them politely not to lean. Most of the people close to me know how much I love my car and they respect that so they don't do it. People are more important than cars are. You can always fix damage, but you can't always fix your relationship with a friend because you got mad over a silly thing like leaning on your car.
I go with a 3 strike type thing
1st time polite
2nd time polite but more firm
3rd + no patience