GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)
View Poll Results: Is it annoying?
Yes.
94.12%
No.
5.88%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Anyone else annoyed with people leaning on your car?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-05 | 04:10 PM
Eric-RPS13-
Lead Lap

Default Anyone else annoyed with people leaning on your car?

Is it just me or is that just annoying?
So here's my story I'm leaning on my car (I'm not on the paint or any panels, the door is open and I have music playing quietly), so an acquaintance, takes license and decides to lean on it also. I'm like excuse me, can you stop leaning on my car. "Well you are, why can't I?" "Firstly it's A my car B I'm not on paint C your butt is moving/swaying back and forth, so I will ask again, please get off my car. Furthermore your car is 5 feet away go lean your *** on it." he moves forward a little, then goes right back to leaning, this goes on for 5 minutes before I just loose my patience and say, "GET YOUR A** OFF MY CAR!" Still doesn't move completely off just waits till my attention is moved. So I just hop in my car and move it about 100 feet away. Sweet freaking christ there is just no common courtesy anymore.

I wouldn't be so annoyed with it, if I hadn't noticed a scratch from someone's metal button on their cargo shorts from not an hour earlier. When someone introduces me to their new gf, etc I don't walk up and grab their **** or what have you, same goes for a car.
Old 08-26-05 | 04:14 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

LOL - nice analogy. But do you think people would lean on it if you didn't??

I would b-slap someone if they leaned on my car!!

Jonny
Old 08-26-05 | 04:22 PM
Eric-RPS13-
Lead Lap

the sad crap is yes they would man, while typing this, I remember having to do the same thing not 6 months ago for the same guy. If you lean on his car he would poop his pants and have the police out there dusting for a** prints.

it's still something you should ask permission for, and I try as little as possible to lean on the paint, trunk open, door open, etc.
Old 08-26-05 | 04:23 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

i am always annoyed, and i will asked them to get away from my car right the way. that's complete disrespect of other people's properties.

that happens in my old office all the time when there is a fire drill. people will get to the parking lot (certain part of it), and they will start leaning on every car talking. some of them will put their notebooks and pens on the foo or the trunk. i was like "oh hell no am i going to park in this area at all"
Old 08-26-05 | 04:30 PM
Eric-RPS13-
Lead Lap

man I had that happen in college during fire drills
worst of the college car damage aside from rock dings from the dirt lot
get back from the grocery store, JB puts a flat of soft drinks on the roof, I'm like please dear god NO! don't slide that off, "huh?" slides it off, huge scrape. I'm just like GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *explitives deleted*
now if this were the GS I wouldn't have been able to keep myself from harming him.
Old 08-26-05 | 05:11 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Thumbs down

Yes another example of when the Ric Flair Chest Slap would be justified...I know the feeling, I've never had a dude lean on my cars but quite a few women have felt the need to post up. I know what you guys are thinking, but no I don't even want a groupie leaning on my car. That annoys me especially when they have bracelets,bags or whatever up on my clearcoat. I don't care how good they look, unless I give you permission (which is never) don't take the liberty upon yourself.

Last edited by LexLaw; 08-26-05 at 05:43 PM.
Old 08-26-05 | 05:25 PM
GQD_GS4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LexLaw
Yes another example of when the Ric Flair Chest Slap would be justified....

lol that is awesome.
Old 08-26-05 | 05:51 PM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

all my friends know already not to lean on my car or put there hands on it or anything..and when people are around that i dont know and they know and if im in the car or its around they tell them not to go near it cause they know i go nuts so they just let them know..i would never go to up someones car and lean on it NEVER cause i have more respect then that and courtesy(sp) for cars and i think other car lovers feel the same way..so yes i think its VERY annoying and rude to lean on someones car esp if its a well taken care of and nice car..
Old 08-26-05 | 06:16 PM
Lexy GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Dx3
LOL - nice analogy. But do you think people would lean on it if you didn't??

I would b-slap someone if they leaned on my car!!

Jonny
i agree we be if someone lean on mines too.
Old 08-26-05 | 06:55 PM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

This reminds me of a story.

So I was driving home from Maryland to New York with my girlfriend and my pet rabbit (yes, I have a pet rabbit.) We were at one of the NJ Turnpike rest stops eating lunch. During this time, I had my windows slightly rolled down and my rabbit was in my lap.

A family was passing by and a little boy sees my rabbit. As he comes up to the car, he has his hands up in anticipation of leaning against the car to get a closer look at the rabbit. As I see this, my instinct is to yell "DON'T TOUCH THE CAR." I forgot the windows were open and the mother quickly whisks her kid away.

Hehe ....
Old 08-26-05 | 07:24 PM
NoS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Eric-GS300-
When someone introduces me to their new gf, etc I don't walk up and grab their **** or what have you, same goes for a car.
I do that all the time!!! You mean you dont?

But yes, this bothers me because buttons, etc stratch the paint.
Old 08-26-05 | 08:11 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Exclamation Kids can get it too!!!

Originally Posted by verylost
This reminds me of a story.

So I was driving home from Maryland to New York with my girlfriend and my pet rabbit (yes, I have a pet rabbit.) We were at one of the NJ Turnpike rest stops eating lunch. During this time, I had my windows slightly rolled down and my rabbit was in my lap.

A family was passing by and a little boy sees my rabbit. As he comes up to the car, he has his hands up in anticipation of leaning against the car to get a closer look at the rabbit. As I see this, my instinct is to yell "DON'T TOUCH THE CAR." I forgot the windows were open and the mother quickly whisks her kid away.

Hehe ....
Man you did the right thing......and if that kids mom didn't scoop that brat up, WWHOOOOOO you know the rest.
Old 08-26-05 | 08:42 PM
Eric-RPS13-
Lead Lap

good to know I'm not alone

although I half expected a response along the lines of (well one of them at least lol)
god why don't you ****ing mellow out man

oh believe me if that particular person leans on my car again it's on like donkey kong. The really annoying thing is today (about 1 1/2 hours after this post) he calls me up and is all, "man I washed my car today and I went into the grocery store and I came out and there were finger prints on my car..." and starts ranting.... So I just cut him of with "KARMA IS A B**** hahahahaha." and hung up. I haven't felt this vidicated in a long time.
Old 08-26-05 | 09:07 PM
Pavel
Rookie

The worst is when people put their bags or coke cans on the roof of the car. I had an x-friend throw an orange at my car, I stopped, got out and beat the ****** out of him and then picked up the orange and threw it agains his car. after that he had a lot of respect towards me.

I usually park my car 50-100' away from where everyone hangs out. Once i get the GS that distance will increase
Old 08-26-05 | 09:08 PM
LT. LEX
Lead Lap

Okay maybe I'm the only one that thinks most of you are over reacting. It's one thing to find random people leaning on your car, because that's rude. But if one of my friends and i were kicking back having a casual conversation, I can't say that I'd be upset if we both were leaning on the car. It's a car! Now, what would be my real problem would be if I did ask my friend to not sit/lean on my car and he didn't. Now that is just being disrespectful and at that point you're in a pissing match. But I just can't see telling my friend to get off my car if no damage was being done. In my opinion that's being a bit materialistic and petty.

Quick Reply: Anyone else annoyed with people leaning on your car?