GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

how to remove rear parcel shelf?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-05, 08:43 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think they're right man, the side clips snap and you can slide the belts right out the deck. i just had that taken off the other week when we tinted my car- it took about 15 minutes all told for seat and deck removal..
Old 09-19-05, 08:47 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when u say side clips, are u referring to the belt guides the belts go thru in the parcel shelf? i tried prying on them but they didn't budge, and was afraid of breaking them.

what about the center seatbelt?
Old 09-19-05, 09:00 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Benjamin T
when u say side clips, are u referring to the belt guides the belts go thru in the parcel shelf? i tried prying on them but they didn't budge, and was afraid of breaking them.

what about the center seatbelt?

dude you obviously havent taken the seat out yet. on the back shelf (because i just double checked) the things that hold the seatbelts in place have a slit right in the center of them you CANT miss it if you actually looked yet...you pop those out of the shelf after you have it loosened up AND AFTER THE SEATS OUT, slide the belts thru the slit after you pop the guides out of the shelf and then over and thru the opening on the side of the deck. dont be so worried about breaking anything, youre not going to, if you keep worrying you wont ever get it. as far as the center belt goes, mine has been unbolted and i dont use it anymore so the slot is empty.
Old 09-19-05, 09:04 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

is there a difference between US and canadian models regarding seatbelts? because i was at this again last night and there was DEFINITELY no slit to slide out of

and yes i've had the seats out (twice now) because there is no way to pull the shelf out without the upper portion of the seat removed.
Old 09-19-05, 09:56 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

is there a difference between US and canadian models regarding seatbelts? because i was at this again last night and there was DEFINITELY no slit to slide out of

and yes i've had the seats out (twice now) because there is no way to pull the shelf out without the upper portion of the seat removed.

if you lift up the seatbelt, you WILL see a slit in the plastic clip for the belt to slide out of...I KNOW its there i just looked at it lol, dont make me go take a picture lol
Old 09-19-05, 10:15 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

damn. i'll try again tonite.... black interior at 9pm with a flashlight and no garage... probably why i don't have a damn clue.

maybe i'll just get rid of all the seatbelts altogether! i'm tired of trying to stuff the buckles thru the holes in the bottom cushion
Old 09-19-05, 11:29 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

damn. i'll try again tonite.... black interior at 9pm with a flashlight and no garage... probably why i don't have a damn clue.

maybe i'll just get rid of all the seatbelts altogether! i'm tired of trying to stuff the buckles thru the holes in the bottom cushion

lol! yeah who needs em. just dont let anyone in your backseat anymore. if you get in an accident wouldnt want to hear about someone flyin thru the front window cuz you raped them of their seatbelting abilities.