GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

toysport.com any good??

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-01, 10:42 PM
VNGS400
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have anyone here buy anything from http://www.toysport.com before?? Are they any good??
Old 07-12-01, 10:22 AM
JZS147
Driver

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING OR GET YOUR CAR WORKED ON FROM TOYSPORT!!! They will quote one price on the phone and when you are about to buy it or when you go down there, they will raise the price. and whatever you do, don't get anything done on your car from them. I got my swap done from them and they did really messy job. I have to take it somewhere else and got it fixed or cleaned up.
Old 07-12-01, 11:05 AM
v300
Lead Lap

Default DO NOT GO THERE!!!

Let's be frank... I have not said anything negative geared at anyone directly since the beginning of the forum. But Joel Luz and Toysport is an exception. Like JZS147 says, do not got there! I have done business with them or more specifically Joel Luz (Toysport's sole entity). He might sound knowledgable and charismatic over the phone... but then again any good salesman can do so. His livelyhood depends on ignorant car enthusiasts. Joel Luz is an extremely shady con-artist. If he talks about turbo-charging the 2nd gen GS or engine swapping he doesn't know what he is talking about. For instance, his V300 doesn't even run... hahaha!!! Let me rub it in.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! It was so pathetic it had to be towed to multiple car shows and be pushed into the reserved stall. I especially have fun laughing at the "Toysport, Extreme Performance Sticker." Man I hope Nitto can sue his *** for using there slogan in vain. He is extremely good at putting down respected companies like a Rod Millen (who is one of the only companies besides Ivan Steward and Paisley TRD sponsors), SP Engineering, XS-Engineering, and the old UPRD. His mechanics (all two of them) are third rate except for Uncle Ben, but his skills are limited to older generation pre-90's Toyotas. His most valuable prized electrical engineer left him. Now custom work has to be done via Joel begging an electrical enginner in San Diego and Panorama City who feel sorry for Luz.

On a good note, Toysport once was respectable... that was when Joji Luz (power to him) helpped manage the joint. After he left, it went down the drain. I admit the Toysport's speciality is the 4AG based engine cars. Toysport is also useful at getting HKS parts cheap. Just remember his margin is a 35-40% mark-up. Bargain in that range from list and you'll be fine.

As a deep dark secret... my car's conversion started there and it ended up leaving on a flatbed. The bastard stole my vital components to run the V300 engine. Would you have guessed that he attempted to run the V300 2JZ-GTE on the stock US ECU, wiring harness, transmission and without a fuel return. Talk about sheer ignorance. I am currently in a lawsuit with him for fraud, professional negligence, and five other counts of misdemeanors. As for JZS147, excuse his stout keyboard articulation but he has been wronged by Joel Luz/Toysport and I know his grief.

In the end, from one Lexus owner to another do not go there if you care about your car.