GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Greddy..

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-01, 07:21 AM
MrHorse
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have the Greddy Power Extreme exhaust system installed on their GS4? If so, please describe your feelings about it. Sound, performance, looks, etc..

Much appreciation..
Old 07-12-01, 07:34 AM
Bobcat
Pole Position

Mr. Kilty does. His email is listed in this forum.
Old 07-12-01, 08:15 AM
goral19
Rookie

Talking Greddy PE

I have the greddy pe, i love it. It looks and sounds great and sets apart my GS4, the sound is that of like a mustang but not as loud, there is some sound in the cabin but it is bearable.
Old 07-12-01, 08:20 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default GS3.

i've got GReddy on my GS3 and it sounds awsome. you can see pics and vids of it on super-lexus.com
Old 07-12-01, 08:45 AM
MrHorse
Pole Position

Default Hmm..

See, that's what I thought - that the PE system is too loud. I think I might go with the quieter Borla. Does the Borla come alive at WOT? Cruising I don't want to hear the exhaust.. But when I floor it, I'd like the GS to sound like it's got *****.
Old 07-12-01, 09:58 AM
RacingAristo

Borla sounds very nice under WOT. I always roll down the windows when I floor the car so I can hear the deep V8 sound. <smile>
Old 07-12-01, 10:55 AM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

The biggest problem of the PE IMHO is that it hangs way too low so that you will scratch the muffler if you lower the car even an inch. After a while the bottom of the muffler will look like crap or even get damaged to the point that it needs replacing - not good.

Sound and quality are awesome and it is one of two systems out there, I believe, that has a complete catback system which includes the H-pipe. Borla, HKS, and Apex are all muffler only.

You can look at my sig to see how I have modified the Greddy system by lifiting the mufflers closer to the body and changing out the tips to to straight through 3.5" diameter tips. Hope this helps.

Brent
Old 07-12-01, 02:39 PM
bLingIn3o0
Pole Position

Default GReddy PE

I use to have the PE on my GS3 but sold it cuz it was too loud in the car... when driving
long distances the noise is unbearable to me atleast. I would suggest the Tanabe Hyper
if you really want one....I would have to agree that when flooring it and in acceleration the noise it makes sounds great but for driving normally it gets pretty annoyning
Old 07-12-01, 04:49 PM
MrHorse
Pole Position

Default Yes, yes..

That's exactly what I'd like.. Quiet during soft driving, yet I want it to howl under WOT. I've decided to do the SRT intake, which should add to the wail when floored.

Makes it sound angry. Raaaaawrrrrrr.
Old 07-12-01, 11:16 PM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: Yes, yes..

Originally posted by MrHorse
That's exactly what I'd like.. Quiet during soft driving, yet I want it to howl under WOT. I've decided to do the SRT intake, which should add to the wail when floored.

Makes it sound angry. Raaaaawrrrrrr.
Uh, Mr. Horse,

If you are planning to get the SRT HFI/ECU then you are already down the path of loudness at which point it doesn't really matter which exhaust you pick because it will be LOUD even during soft driving...Me likes...

Brent
Old 07-13-01, 07:38 AM
MrHorse
Pole Position

Default SRT LOUD?

Is the SRT intake loud at cruising speed? That's strange. I've always had the experience of any high-flow filter making noise only at wide open throttle. Same with all of my friends. Yet again it was never an SRT intake.. Care anyone comment with the SRT setup on how loud it is duing soft driving?
Old 07-13-01, 08:13 AM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

The Intake itself is not loud. It makes a whistling noise when it sucks air in that you can definitely hear. It's the fact that you remove the stock intake resonator that increases the overall loudness. Maybe, it's because I already have the GReddy exhaust but I noticed a considerable amount of engine growl with the removal of the stock resonator piece. You have to remove this piece because it is connected to the stock airbox. The intake resonator piece is basically a hollow plastic piece that runs across the top passenger side of the engine kind of acting lile a muffler. That's my experience at least...

Brent
Old 07-15-01, 11:24 AM
kodai
Driver

News Flash.

The Power Extreme for the GS is desiged for the GS 400 as well as the GS 430. If it is used on a GS 300 the system well be very loud. This means that if any one complains about the system on a 300, the pearson that sold you the system did not give you the right info. Also if you call GReddy, they even tell you not to put it on a 300 due to the sound. Just some ting to keep in mind for the 300 boys. As far as i am concerend i love my PE for me GS 430. i will agree on thing, it does hang a bit low. anyway that is my $.002
Old 07-15-01, 06:49 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by kodai
News Flash.

The Power Extreme for the GS is desiged for the GS 400 as well as the GS 430. If it is used on a GS 300 the system well be very loud. This means that if any one complains about the system on a 300, the pearson that sold you the system did not give you the right info. Also if you call GReddy, they even tell you not to put it on a 300 due to the sound. Just some ting to keep in mind for the 300 boys. As far as i am concerend i love my PE for me GS 430. i will agree on thing, it does hang a bit low. anyway that is my $.002

not that it's NOT designed for the GS300, it's just the engine is different. They all fit. If you really think about it NONE OF THE JAPANESE EXHAUSTS were designed for any of these GSs in the US, only the 2JZ-GTE. Which means only V300 and a few other people have the right to put on any of the HKS/Blitz/Greddy/APEXi exhaust.
Old 07-15-01, 09:56 PM
kodai
Driver

Globeclk,

The system that is offered here in the US was designed for the 400. I can assure you of this. The Japan spec unit does not meet the hardened street legal rule of the US. Also at the time of its inception no one was fixing up the 300. But in short the Power extreme was and is designed for the GS400. It will bolt up to the 300, but as I said it will be loud.

Quick Reply: Greddy..