GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Vulnerability to Parking Lot Damage?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-01, 12:26 PM
LuvMyLex

Default Why is this?????

It is amazing that no matter how far away I park I come out and someone is parked next to me. My SC400 is very unforgiving when hit with the door of another car. I am so careful with her. I will not park at the mall and other places like that. Makes me so mad that people care so little about there pieces of you know what cars so they dent our beautiful babies without giving it a second thought. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 07-13-01, 01:13 PM
RealMarty
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by DIESELMAN63
My back bumper looked like its been in a cat fight . All these people don't know how to park so they hit my bumper
You haven't figured out yet that people in NYC park using their ears, not their eyes? Well, at least people in the city have to have some idea how to parallel park just to survive. Most people in the burbs haven't a clue about how to parallel park.

But small, tight parking spots make for wrinkled bumpers.
Old 07-13-01, 01:26 PM
mooretorque
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Wink

Whilst on the subject (sort of), I'd suggest not letting the little woman drive too often. My experience has been that the passenger side alloys all too frequently used as "curb feelers", disturbing both alignment and wheel rim appearance to an unacceptable (to me) degree.
Old 07-13-01, 01:56 PM
RealMarty
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by mooretorque
Whilst on the subject (sort of), I'd suggest not letting the little woman drive too often. My experience has been that the passenger side alloys all too frequently used as "curb feelers", disturbing both alignment and wheel rim appearance to an unacceptable (to me) degree.
Mooretorque,

I wonder if JC Whitney still sells curb feelers. Sounds like your better half could use a pair of real ones (hmm, not quite sure how that sounds :eek:... uh, I mean real curb feelers).

Could be the hot Lexus mod for the 21st century.
Old 07-13-01, 02:01 PM
RealMarty
Lexus Test Driver

Mooretorque,

I wonder if JC Whitney still sells curb feelers. Sounds like your better half could use a pair of real ones (hmm, not quite sure how that sounds :eek:... uh, I mean real curb feelers).

Old 07-13-01, 02:09 PM
RealMarty
Lexus Test Driver

Mooretorque,

Old 07-13-01, 03:24 PM
mooretorque
Lexus Champion

Talking

Checking on grounding straps too........actually, she hasn't modified the 17s on my GS, but if she doesn't stop grinding the right side rims on the RX, one of these days her whole right side will be flat:eek: :eek:

Old 07-13-01, 04:33 PM
LexusLady
Pole Position

Whilst on the subject (sort of), I'd suggest not letting the little woman drive too often....
Excuse me?????

C.

Old 07-13-01, 05:58 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by LexusLady

Excuse me?????

C.

I sense Jerry Springer is lurking around..
Old 07-13-01, 08:07 PM
mooretorque
Lexus Champion

Talking

Charonne, I humbly beg your pardon. I knew that you'd be around somewhere but did not have the time, at the time, to fashion an exemption. Neither chauvinist or misogynist, I am not only aware but pleased (and even jealous) that there are many women who can a) drive rings around me and b) surpass me in caring for their cherished vehicle.

But.........I dated the girl who put water in the crankcase and oil in the radiator of her Datsun 2000, way back when (trying to help); dated any number of women who professed to "know where the key goes and when it won't run, to call the dealer to come get it". Stereotypes do arise for a reason, that being that they are not altogether inaccurate. And my wife is the one who has done the rimrubbing (unintentionally, of course, but the road to that particular hell is paved with "accidents".

BTW, what did you do about your rim??:eek:
Old 07-13-01, 08:46 PM
JPritch
Rookie

Ha ha!! I couldn't agree with you more! When I read this I remembered the time me and my girlfriend were coming back from a trip, I got tired and let her drive and the next thing I know she's using the passenger side wheels to etch some designs in the curb!
Old 07-15-01, 05:06 PM
LexusLady
Pole Position

BTW, what did you do about your rim??:eek:
Very, very clever....... Good comeback, it sure saved your ***!!!!!

Actually, I didn't do anything. We were planning on
getting new rims anyway, but that was kind of put on the back burner when I got the 540i.

I don't usually do stupid things to my cars. My mess-ups are few and far between. In fact I take real good care of them, and that is probably why hubby gives me such nice ones!!

C.
Old 07-15-01, 06:18 PM
mooretorque
Lexus Champion

Talking

Charonne, glad to see you back......haven't read too much from you lately. Guess you've been too busy doing back-to-back comparisons between the 430 and 540i. Conclusions????

And, before I go, thank you for graciously accepting my apology. I'd be happy to buy you and your mate a drink (necessary this time of year in this part of the world) should ya'll come this way sometime.