GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Sales Manager threatened to call Cops on Me!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-01, 04:51 PM
MikeGS4PE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spartan (Mike) - Where do you live in MI? I also live in MI and was wondering if you could assist me in choosing my suspension seeing as though you have the tein has...I normally go to Lexus of Lansing, but I am going to go the Southfield one soon for my 30k service...My friend is a mechanic at southfield and also another at lakeside...

Mike
Old 07-13-01, 05:29 PM
gs3_4me
Intermediate

Default did you call Lexus?

If you haven't already, I would both fax and call Lexus Customer Service. The certified letter to the owner idea would probably help you get something from the dealership specifically, like having the sales manager kiss your a$$.
Old 07-13-01, 05:55 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by MikeGS4PE
Spartan (Mike) - Where do you live in MI? I also live in MI and was wondering if you could assist me in choosing my suspension seeing as though you have the tein has...I normally go to Lexus of Lansing, but I am going to go the Southfield one soon for my 30k service...My friend is a mechanic at southfield and also another at lakeside...

Mike

Mike, whats going on buddy?!? Get some new wheels yet?
Old 07-13-01, 06:56 PM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Also, how in the world would you allow ANYONE to tell you that you could not go to YOUR car to get paperwork yo verify that you did not need to pay....Had you done something that indicated to them that you would just drive off without paying? If not, I swear if I was told that, I would have said give me my keys or I WILL take my keys....your choice. To threaten to call the cops seems extreme.....Tiny
Old 07-13-01, 09:33 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by SpectraGS3
Take a bat to the guys knees, then run.
Ahh another example on how ice skating is so important in our lives.

The patented Tonya Harding technique, but this time instead of getting someone to do it for you, give that personal touch and do it yourself! You will feel a more sense of accomplishment!

Enjoy and remember there are always more nice people out there, then mean people. I hope!

Last edited by lexguynj; 07-13-01 at 09:37 PM.
Old 07-13-01, 10:36 PM
gsexploits
Driver

Default BEST OPTION OF ALL

I wouldn't even go back. If you paid with credit card, dispute the charge when it hits your bill and put their own internal accounting through the big hassle of proving to the credit card company the validity of the charge.

All you will have to do is fax a copy of the service agreement to your credit card company and the dispute will go your way. This is the #1 reason why I use AMEX or Diners for EVERYTHING I buy. They take care of you (of course because I travel so much, I spend over $200K/year in expenses, so they better treat me well!).

Just think of the $$ they will spend trying to justify the charge, when you know it is bogus!
Old 07-14-01, 05:57 AM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: BEST OPTION OF ALL

Originally posted by gsexploits
I wouldn't even go back. If you paid with credit card, dispute the charge when it hits your bill and put their own internal accounting through the big hassle of proving to the credit card company the validity of the charge.

All you will have to do is fax a copy of the service agreement to your credit card company and the dispute will go your way. This is the #1 reason why I use AMEX or Diners for EVERYTHING I buy. They take care of you (of course because I travel so much, I spend over $200K/year in expenses, so they better treat me well!).

Just think of the $$ they will spend trying to justify the charge, when you know it is bogus!
I was going to say don't burn your bridges if this is the only dealer you can go to, but after this entire fiaso, maybe GSEXPLOITS is right, you've already burned your bridges with them, so if you can find another dealer to goto, then either dispute the charge or just have your warranty company pay you back and move on too.

In any even, that type of service was uncalled for by the dealer. Are you just a young punk like the rest of us? HA! That seems to **** them off at times.
Old 07-14-01, 06:17 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

LexGuy, since your around my area (sorta) do you recommend any good lexus dealership? I given up with my dealership near my area and I am looking for a nice friend dealership anywhere in the ny/nj area. Just need to know one just in case something major happens to my car (god forbid) and need a lexus dealer to fix it.

Old 07-14-01, 07:00 AM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by DIESELMAN63
LexGuy, since your around my area (sorta) do you recommend any good lexus dealership? I given up with my dealership near my area and I am looking for a nice friend dealership anywhere in the ny/nj area. Just need to know one just in case something major happens to my car (god forbid) and need a lexus dealer to fix it.

DIESELMAN,

Check your PM. Not too much of a help, since farther away from you. Good luck!

Old 07-14-01, 08:00 AM
RealMarty
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by DIESELMAN63
DIESELMAN63,

Check with Johnny Mo. He's got connections with Lexus of Manhattan. I've gotten some parts from them and they've been reliable and reasonably priced.

I'm guessing he can hook you up with the service folks who will take good care of you.
Old 07-14-01, 09:12 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by RealMarty

DIESELMAN63,

Check with Johnny Mo. He's got connections with Lexus of Manhattan. I've gotten some parts from them and they've been reliable and reasonably priced.

I'm guessing he can hook you up with the service folks who will take good care of you.
oh yeah, thats right !! I forgot that JM got some connects over there

thanks RM!
Old 02-06-02, 05:55 AM
ShowGSLuVv
Lexus Test Driver

Hey Ceoart, You should call the Lexus customer satisfaction number, I dont know how it is over there, But in MI the news stations over here have problems solvers... and if Lexus doesn't offer any help, call the news station and tell them what happened and see if they could put a little story about how the dealer tried to jack u.

ShOwGS
Old 02-06-02, 05:57 AM
ShowGSLuVv
Lexus Test Driver

hahaha sorry everyone, I was on the wrong part of the forum, I thought I was at the newer section, I didn't realize the date until after i hit send, lmao again i apologize

ShOwGS
Old 02-06-02, 08:49 AM
ThemisN
Pole Position

No wallet key? no valet key? I always leave the valet key when I get the car serviced...That way I have hte master either way. In your case, if you gave your master, you shouldve at least still had one of hte other keys on you, like the wallet, and then went and opened the damn car anyway!
Old 02-06-02, 11:52 AM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey guys, I was told by a friend that if you have to pay for a service or product that you're not completly satisfied with, you can write "Under Protest" in the memo box of the check. Then if anything comes up later, you have evidence that you were not happy. Anyone else heard of this?

Quick Reply: Sales Manager threatened to call Cops on Me!