GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Sales Manager threatened to call Cops on Me!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-02, 04:57 PM
garnet92
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Another late response

Ceoart – Even though months later, it might give you a little satisfaction to fax the president/ceo of the stealership a screen print of the forum page that shows that (as of today) shows that 833 members and visitors read your complaint. Don’t know the final resolution (if any) of the situation but it would give me some satisfaction to send some evidence that many others are aware of the dealership’s name and how they treat their customers. Just a (late) thought. After all, the folks that read the post will often have an opportunity to advise someone else - and they tell someone - and they tell someone - and on and on.
Old 02-06-02, 05:59 PM
FD143
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by ceoart
I went in for my 10,000 mile service for my GS430. I have a prepaid contract for $475.00 which covers the servicing of my car not covered under the warranty. Countyline Lexus calls me and says my car is ready. I say how late can I pick it up they said until 7:30 PM. Go and pick my car up at 7:00 PM and I see a charge for $193.56. I tell the cashier I have a service contract that I paid for that covers this. I say I want to speak to the service manager. Cashier says sorry he has gone home for the day. I said can I please speak to someone here who is in charge. She calls the Sales Manager Benny Chahal. I tell him I have a service contract that covers this. He says sorry you are going to have to pay for it now if you want to take your car. I say I have all the paper work in my car can I please go to my car and get it out. He says no! I get pissed and tear the paper work at the far right hand corner and say I refuse to pay for something I already paid coverage for. He says if you do not calm down I will call the police! I was not yelling or cursing so I think he was out of line. Then I hear another salesman named Wallace Flurw say "Why Don't You Call the Police on Him! I paid the $193.56 and they let me go out to my car and I got the paper work that shows I have prepaid for this already and showed it to them. But they told me I will have to call the service manager in the morning because there was nothing they can do without him. This is not how I feel a Lexus dealer should handle a good customer like me who has bought two cars from them in a year! I will be complaining to Lexus customer Satisfaction about this. Good thing I did not return my dealer customer survey yet!
Nothing surprises me about Countyline Lexus .I visited them once while looking for my car and never went back.

Fernando.
Old 02-06-02, 06:01 PM
bLingIn3o0
Pole Position

Thats BULLSH#T !!! I wouls defintiley ask that dealership to have that Chala guy fired immediately! What kinda of crap is that that He will call the cops? You own the fu6kin car and they wont let you to it to get some paper to prove that everything has been paid for ?!!?! You should definitely ask that dealership for A BIG apology and have the Chala guy and the other guy fired immediately !!!
Old 03-07-02, 04:49 AM
blue wax
Lead Lap

you know guys, I live in europ - belgium
no way a lexus dealer would treat you like that over here.
I have a first generation gs300 and they treat me politely and with all the honours as if I would have bought a brand new 2002.
the service is fantastic here and the bills are really low !!
I've been surprised to pay less for the gs then I pay for my chrysler voyager for same prestations.
Hopefully will stay like this. I'm very satisfied.
Don't let them treat you like that >>>> If you and others change dealer or other, they can close their business.
good luck, sort it out and change dealer.
Old 03-07-02, 07:10 AM
alexus
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

you should've tell them that your wallet inside of the car
Old 03-07-02, 07:46 AM
Gs400TRD
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

whatever happened???
Old 03-07-02, 07:56 AM
alexus
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by Gs400TRD
whatever happened???

read first page
Old 03-07-02, 10:27 AM
Gs400TRD
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by a1exus

read first page
I meant whatever was the outcome of all the hassle. did the sales puke end up getting his legs broken, fired.
Old 03-07-02, 10:32 AM
Wally
Driver

My favorite saying in these types of situations....

F-YOU, strong letter to follow...

Typical south florida bull****..lived there for 5 years, hoped Castro would invade every single day I was there!!!!! Not enough expletives in the book for that rat hole!!!!!
Old 03-07-02, 03:18 PM
Lvangundy

redjeeper - nice icon
haha
Old 03-07-02, 03:26 PM
Rockero28
Lexus Champion

Default Cops

I could not agree more and everyone here has a good point/idea. You should also tell them about CL and let them know that the word is out about their lack of customer service. In the end, they only hurt themselves.... There are plenty of other dealers that hopefully won't do the same thing. let us know what happens.... I had a similar experience at Lexus Kearny Mesa.... but this was just bad service, not rude.

Rock
Old 03-07-02, 09:00 PM
KNKGS400
Pole Position

First off the lexus should not of call a sales manager since they don't know what the hell is going on in the service end.,,and from what it sounds like is that they are assoooo probarly being late already going home perhaps and not selling any cars for that day. I wise this happend to me so i can file for some type of suit against lexus and they way they misjudge you. As a customer especially whom bought 2 cars from them i would not only call the service manager but go down there and have the sericve manager go with you to see first if the two idiots would confirm what they said to you and then get there *** in trouble don't think of getting an sales manger fire is that esay. But getting a sales manger in big trouble for what he did and then having him apolize over and over to you would great and then go back and have your car service free and then make it a point to have that manager get your car, perhaps after all that he can do it again for your 2 car and if anythings else comes to your mind bug the dumb *** about it.
Old 03-08-02, 12:06 PM
ocnbrzz
Driver

So what's the outcome of this situation?
Old 03-10-02, 04:02 PM
SWEETSOUND2001
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

ttt