GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

JDM Items FOR SALE!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-01, 08:30 PM
dasenzasian
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey manaray,

what kind of kit is that? and does it come in silver? if yes, how much? thanks.
Old 07-16-01, 08:53 PM
SUPRATRD
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dasenzasian,

I have one silver kit left, price is $1729.00 for all four pieces.

Give me a call if you need more info.
Old 07-17-01, 08:45 AM
MrHorse
Pole Position

Default Price on the ESPRIT..

This is the kit that I'm looking for:
Attached Thumbnails JDM Items FOR SALE!-esprit_front.jpg  
Old 07-17-01, 08:48 AM
MrHorse
Pole Position

Default Here's the rear..

Very nice..

So how about a price?
Attached Images  
Old 07-17-01, 08:48 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dasenzasian - It's the JDM Toyota Factory kit. If you want it in silver, you better jump on Steve's offer! The nice thing about the kit is that it's pre-painted (by the factory so you know it'll match!)

Mr. Horse - I will get you a price soon...please note that you will need to get new foglights (and get them installed) for that kit...the factory ones will not fit...just FYI

Last edited by Manaray; 07-17-01 at 08:56 AM.
Old 07-17-01, 12:55 PM
bLingIn3o0
Pole Position

Default CARBON FIBER TRIM

Manaray...

go to www.jmotorsports.com and look under his JDM parts and you can see the carbon fiber trim...and window visor
Old 07-17-01, 08:08 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

bLinkIn300 - Actually, both Jun and Hiro get those parts. I don't think I'd be able to do much of a better price on parts like that...they're so little margin in them...but I'll add it to the list...who knows...

1SickLex - You can buy the parts (F/S/R) individually. It's a high quality fiberglass kit...not like the VIS/Erebuni crap you see here...it's more like Kaminari's kits
Old 07-17-01, 08:25 PM
Bobcat
Pole Position

OK.

I know I can be a little strange .... but ....

whatever happened to the days when the front of a car had a distinctive, clean look to it?

It used to be that the front of a car was like a face. And the grill was like the mouth on the face. Very distinctive. See the attached pic ...
Attached Thumbnails JDM Items FOR SALE!-a_1971_ford_mustang_boss_351.jpg  
Old 07-17-01, 08:26 PM
Bobcat
Pole Position

here's another car with a simple, distinctive grill.

Attached Thumbnails JDM Items FOR SALE!-a_1957_chrysler_300c.jpg  
Old 07-17-01, 08:31 PM
Bobcat
Pole Position

OK.

Now go up and look at the body kit that MrHorse likes. Where's the grill? Is it the little pursed-up fish mouth opening where the factory grill used to be ??? Is it the behemoth opening in the bottom center ?? Is it the multitude of orifices on the left or right side of the front??

I don't get it. I just think a lot of these body kits blur the lines of what the front end of a car should look like. I know I'm ancient (47), but I was just wanting to get that off my chest.

Pray for me.
Old 07-18-01, 11:43 AM
GSAristo
Driver

Default JDM Kit on Silver GS

For those of you that want to see the JDM kit on a silver GS, here's a couple of pics of my car. It's got the JDM front and rear lips and L-Sportline side skirts. I got the JDM kit from Steve Ganz. The fit is factory perfect.

What do think?

Attached Thumbnails JDM Items FOR SALE!-mygs.jpg  

Last edited by GSAristo; 07-18-01 at 11:49 AM.
Old 07-19-01, 02:32 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Hey Allan, that actually looks really TIGHT! I had seen the kit on a light color car and didn't like it but it must have been the angle! Looks really good!

Just one question, why didn't you go with the JDM side skirts?

Bobcat - I don't now about you, but my mouth is BELOW my eyes and nose... You can look at the Esprit kit and look at the grille as the nose and the innercooler opening as the mouth!

Actually, the Japanese are a little more practical when it comes to cars...the wide opening at the botton is to allow for a big *** innercooler...

Personally, there are only a few old American cars that I like...(50's Merc's and 60's Lincoln Continentals are a couple)...

Completely different era and mindset I suppose...
Attached Thumbnails JDM Items FOR SALE!-62conv3.jpg  
Old 07-19-01, 04:40 AM
Bobcat
Pole Position

Man of Ray:

thanks for pointing that out... does anyone here have or recommend a big a** innercooler? details? improve performance? not necessary?

actually, some of my favorite vintage cars were the t-birds from the early to mid sixties. I used to notice how the bottom half of the lincoln grill looked exactly like the '63 t-bird grill.

I used to drool over the cars of the 60's, and I still like looking at them, but now that I've tasted the awesome driving of the Lexus, I don't care about trying to acquire a vintage car. Next car on my radar screen (which will take a minor miracle so I'm not holding my breath) is a Toyota Supra. <<<< Bobcat accepting donations >>>>
Old 07-19-01, 09:43 AM
nanotech
Lexus Test Driver

Manaray..Globle...or whoever knows about body kits:

I don't like the look of the stock front bumper and I want to replace it.

Do you think it would look ok to just replace the stock front bumper and leave everything else the same? I don't like all the long lines on the stock bumper.

Plus, I think most bumpers go lower to the ground than the stock, so if I put one of those then it wouldn't match with the rest of the car, is there an aftermarket front bumper that is the exact same height as the stock front bumper and something that will atleast partially match the rest of the car?

Remember I live in a very hilly place so I can't have the front bumper be any lower than it already is. Also, how much would the avg price of an aftermarket front bumper be?

thanks
Old 07-19-01, 10:20 AM
MrHorse
Pole Position

Default Umm..

Bobcat, the big *** opening in the center is for the intercooler. Yes, I am planning on adding a forced induction system. Either SRT or perhaps one of the turbo kits under development. For now, however, I just love the looks. As for the grille - I can still use the factory grille and have it chromed. That is TBD.

The Esprit kit owns.

Quick Reply: JDM Items FOR SALE!