GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

JDM Items FOR SALE!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-01 | 09:50 PM
nanotech
Lexus Test Driver

The picture I and Manaray posted of the autocouture kit looked like it had a full bumper replacement instead of just an add on, and Manaray posted the pic of the version 2 kit, and he said, "the Version 2 kit...the front bumper is almost exactly the same...what they changed was the sideskirts"....so that means that the version 1 kit's bumper was not just an add on lip spolier but instead a complete replacement?

What does version 1 auto couture look like? what does version 2 look like? are the front bumpers replaced in BOTH kits? how much are the front bumpers of each version? do they come pre-painted?
Old 07-21-01 | 11:11 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

nano,

the version I(lip add-on spoiler only to the stock bumper) front ~$400, looked very similar to version II front(complete bumper replacement) ~$900.

auto cuture belongs to more classy, elegant line. therefore, their kits are more subtle, and blend in more with the factory lines compares to kit form say EXplosion.

www.evolution.co.jp

the pics that you see are in blk, so it is knid of hard to tell the difference between the two versions. but as manaray said, verison II's side skirts blend in even more than version I.

except the factory jdm kit that is sold by steve/hiro, all the kits from japan are fiberglass, and not painted. so you would need an experienced who has worked on fiberglass to install for you.

will
Old 07-21-01 | 11:22 PM
David GS400
Pole Position

Hey Mike:

This is Hiro's car with the JDM front
Attached Thumbnails JDM Items FOR SALE!-jdm-front.jpg  
Old 07-21-01 | 11:23 PM
David GS400
Pole Position

Here's the rear of the JDM kit
Attached Thumbnails JDM Items FOR SALE!-jdm-rear.jpg  
Old 07-22-01 | 02:55 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

HI98GS (Ricky) - I can see about getting you prices on the C-ONE STB but IMC doesn't makes one. The TRD STB is a nice STB and I can definitely recommend it (as I had it). The UGO STB is also very nice. It's lighter, adjustable and carbon fiber (looks slick). Steve can also get you a TOM'S STB also. I don't have any personal experience with the TOM'S but have experience with other TOM'S items, I'm sure it's of top notch quality.

AutoCouture - The AutoCouture Version 1 (ONE) front bumper is a COMPLETE replacement. Why it's so inexpensive (compared to the V2 kit), I don't know, but it's NOT an add-on (though it's priced like it!).

Kits - As gs4Will said, other than the Factory JDM kit, no other kit comes pre-painted.

Hubbard316 - I'm going to be getting prices on this kit from Japan. The parts are available seperately but unless you get some sort of lower sideskirt and rear bumper (doesn't necessarily have to be from AutoCouture), your car will look strange from the side...

GSman - The clearance will depend on a LOT of factors. On average, I would say most kits lower the bumpers by anywhere from 1" to 2"...more on aggressive kits.

Old 07-22-01 | 09:41 AM
nanotech
Lexus Test Driver

So if the version 1 kit's front bumper is a direct replacement of the factory bumper, can anyone provide good pictures of the auto couture version 1 front bumper on a light colored car and a picture of the auto couture version 2 front bumper on a light colored car?

So that I can tell the difference between the two bumpers (version 1 and version 2) and black doesn't make it easy to tell the difference...white, gold, silver...etc would be good colors.

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-22-01 | 10:38 AM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Hi,

Would you be able to get some things for a 95 SC300 owner too?

I'm interested in the auto couture kit, a good strut bar, and a Soarer emblem.

Could you email me if you can? mr_h_liang@hotmail.com
Thanks
Old 07-23-01 | 12:19 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Nanotech - I will see if I can find pictures...but all I've ever seen is black...

I think that the v1 and v2 front is essentially the same but the v2 kit has a SLIGHTLY different side to match the newer v2 side skirts...

Howiedoit - I'm actually working on a good Strut Tower Bar (I recommend front AND rear) for the SC300/SC400...as for the AutoCouture kit, I'm waiting on a price...the Soarer emblem...I think that Hiro or Jun might have some hooks on that...
Old 07-23-01 | 12:02 PM
nanotech
Lexus Test Driver

Here is another front bumper that looks kinda appealing, I don't know for sure though, what do you guys think? (found at Hiro's website)
Attached Thumbnails JDM Items FOR SALE!-lecsbumper.jpg  
Old 07-23-01 | 12:12 PM
Bobcat
Pole Position

I like that one. It kinda looks like the L-sportline.
Old 07-23-01 | 12:20 PM
nanotech
Lexus Test Driver

yeah I am into that same type of look, thinking about the LECS, ARMS Design, Auto Couture, or L-Sportline, but I would also like something different and a lot of people already have L-Sportline so I might sway away from that. Also I don't have a lot of money to spend on this so the cheaper ones will be more favorable for me, but I don't want to sacrifice any quality.
Old 07-23-01 | 01:52 PM
RacingAristo

how "strong" is the fiber glass material? Will it shatter if I accidentally hit the bumper or something?
Old 07-23-01 | 07:25 PM
David GS400
Pole Position

Fiberglas will definitely crack or shatter. If your car is an everyday driver, lowered a little, you DEFINITELY will experience cracks or splinters. Most of the Japanese kits I've seen have pretty thin components. Go with Polyurethane if at all possible.
Old 07-23-01 | 07:35 PM
RacingAristo

what kit is made of polyurethane except RMM and LSportline? I finally raise 1/8 inch so my car can enter the garage.
Old 09-08-01 | 08:13 PM
nanotech
Lexus Test Driver

Posted by manaray earlier:
"AutoCouture - The AutoCouture Version 1 (ONE) front bumper is a COMPLETE replacement. Why it's so inexpensive (compared to the V2 kit), I don't know, but it's NOT an add-on (though it's priced like it!)."

Anyone know where I can get a version 1 auto couture front bumper, I heard it was around $400 list? So maybe $300 or so if I can find a good deal?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Quick Reply: JDM Items FOR SALE!