GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

ENOUGH!!!! im SICK and TIRED of EVREYONE leaving!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-05 | 03:11 PM
alredxiii
Lexus Champion

Just like everyone, I am a die hard Lexus fan, only way I will sell my Lexo is if a Supra came into my lap at a great price! But I am going to die in this car of mine!

Edit: Page 2 Ownage?!
Old 09-22-05 | 03:35 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

It is odd, I didnt even notice how many there were until I posted mine. My personal reasons are more business driven (need to consistently modify various platforms to maintain consumer interest), and also I'm at that, "go crazy or sell it" stage. I reached the same point with my 1st Gen GS, where it was either new wheels, coils, kit, ICE and interior or get a new car and start over. I think I made the right choice. LOL 3 sets of wheels, 2 front bumpers, and all that other crap in under 2years is enough! LOL Time to redirect my energy before I try to put a toilet bowl in the trunk as my next mod!!

I think lexforlife touched on it, but the GS is like having rich parents: YOU GET SPOILED!! Even within the Lexus camp itself there is no other car that blends comfort, luxury, performance, reliability, good looks, and VALUE (thats the real clencher) in such a package! When you start looking at any other car (and I mean ANY), you cant help but appreciate the GS for what it is. That being said, I know my replacement for the GS will knock you all out the box, 'cause that Kia Sephia on 22" spinnaz aint nothin' to mess with!!!!!!!! LOL

I also think we may see alot of 3rd Gen GS's, IS350's, LS430's, SC430's yadda yadda popping up soon.

Lastly, I think the last conern should be people leaving the forum, hell when I joined in 2003, TXTStyle had already sold his GS, and he still posts to this DAY!! I am on tons of forums, and Clublexus is the best community period!
Old 09-22-05 | 03:56 PM
AJ
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 10,000

Im in for the long ride
Old 09-22-05 | 04:37 PM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

i think my problem was i did too much of the modding too fast..
i bought the car last may 04 stock and was in shop until novermber or close to that and then back in for interior and motor and new lighting and then back in to strip it down..
i guess i liek MODDING once im done im done
Old 09-22-05 | 05:19 PM
JohnGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by varcity64
is it me, or do u see a NEW CL member with the title "PARTING OUT" in the CL classifieds EVERYDAY?!?!?!?! what the hell is goin on?? i know people are movin on, but i guess im just sad to see some people leavin CL good luck to all you guys (you know who you are) and do what you have to do
Agreed Fully! Although, there is a lot of nice stuff going up for sell, some people just know how to do it better than others, sorry to see some of you guys going!

John
Old 09-22-05 | 05:41 PM
RacerLex
Pole Position

I think there is one more reason people sell that hasn't been mentioned yet. Don't hate me for saying this, but I think there are some people who weren't financially ready to own a GS when they made the purchase, and they end up selling because they're about to go under . If owning a GS feels like a mortgage without the appreciating asset, then you're probably in the wrong price range to start with. I'm not saying the GS is for rich folks only (I know I'm not), but there must be a lot of people who are upside-down on their loans or just so stretched with the montly payment thing. For some, it's too easy to get a loan and too difficult to pay it off.
Old 09-22-05 | 05:55 PM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

the people parting out.. arent selling because of financial reasons..
i m not speaking becuase i know.. but i pretty sure that is not the reason for te big CL members parting out
Old 09-22-05 | 06:20 PM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

I think there is one more reason people sell that hasn't been mentioned yet. Don't hate me for saying this, but I think there are some people who weren't financially ready to own a GS when they made the purchase, and they end up selling because they're about to go under . If owning a GS feels like a mortgage without the appreciating asset, then you're probably in the wrong price range to start with. I'm not saying the GS is for rich folks only (I know I'm not), but there must be a lot of people who are upside-down on their loans or just so stretched with the montly payment thing. For some, it's too easy to get a loan and too difficult to pay it off.
Thats a pretty bold statement for a newbie considering you know none of us who are selling.

Anywho I am going to continue to be around with either a ls430 or a gs430. Just not going to mod it just yet.
Old 09-22-05 | 06:26 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by Lexis11
Thats a pretty bold statement for a newbie considering you know none of us who are selling.

Anywho I am going to continue to be around with either a ls430 or a gs430. Just not going to mod it just yet.
easy on the newbie, to be honest i think he has a good point and he presented it well. he's not really directing at any of us. but let's just say i DO some people who got cars like ours and end up not able to support it at all. bad decision but lesson learned. a lot of times it's more than just the price of the car
Old 09-22-05 | 06:35 PM
FunGuy
Lexus Test Driver

Wink

I have just parted out recently because I needed furniture (priorities). It wasn't because of financial hardship, but I was tired of my mods and wanted to make room for something new in the nearby future when I have mod money. Some members here want to move one, but I love the 2nd gen GS's. There are unlimited expanded possibilities.
Old 09-22-05 | 08:00 PM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Originally Posted by lexforlife

in other words mo , my car dies with me

thats what im talking bout brooo lol..and im glad to hear these cars hold up to hard driving cause i sometimes driver her hard lol
Old 09-22-05 | 08:18 PM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

yeah...its been very sad recently soo many nice GSs are parting out ...cmon folks lets keep our family strong!
Old 09-22-05 | 08:27 PM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

jsut becuas ei part out my car doesnt mean i wont own some sort of lexus
Old 09-22-05 | 08:27 PM
J_RoK
Lexus Test Driver

ALL I WANNA KNOW IS, WHOS COMMING WITH ME. WHO'S COMMING WITH ME MAN....

I don't think i'll be selling any time soon. maybe 2years. and i'll move on to another lex. (probably an 04 ls430.. ohhh. sexy)

J
Old 09-22-05 | 08:31 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

I was originally looking at a GS300 when I was selling my Soarer. Only thing is there weren't any in my price range, and the ones that were in my budget were in shabby condition

So I ended up buying another Soarer lol... one day I'll have a GS300.

Quick Reply: ENOUGH!!!! im SICK and TIRED of EVREYONE leaving!!!!