GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

GS with Lambo doors on AutoTrader

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-05, 11:14 PM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess some of us have to remember too that what we dont find appealing, many others do, and it all comes down to personal tastes in how we mod our individual cars. And I too tend to forget the car show aspect of modding, which is whole different arena from what I understand. Bottom line is that you enjoy and appreciate your mods....I'm sure people see mine and are like "...hmm, what was he thinking..." but as long as Im happy with how my car looks, that's all that matters to me...
Old 09-22-05, 11:39 PM
BkLexZ
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Speaking of tastefull mods I ve seen the infamous discrace to CL. NYWIZARD at a redlight here in Brooklyn I was in my boys g35 coupe at a redlight when this guy races up to the light with his system pumping, tvs on and he is pumping his brakes shaking the car looking over and smiling. Thinking he was cool, I wanted to let him know in person what most of us think of him on here but he floored his car at green light and me and my boy were drinking that night so we did not want to race him. I guess it is good for shows but wouldnt catch me dead in one like that. Automans is the closest replica of nywizard Ive seen to this day. Good luck on your shows.
Old 09-23-05, 06:01 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

The funniest part of all, is I see this guy from time to time with this car and he just swears that his GS sends mine to the trash heap!! LOL One night after the club, i was standing next to my car talking to a few people, he walks by and says "DONT MAKE ME GO PULL THAT RED THANG OUT" lol I laughed so hard at him in his face it was painful

As others have said, different strokes for different folks, I respect that, but PLEASE dont put all that stuff on your car and think it entitles you to look down someone else because they choose a more classy tasteful route! Especially not when that someone else has a car done with top shelf mods!! LOL

Guy looked at me like I modded my GS on ebay! LOL how ironic is that!

Last edited by D2-AUTOSPORT; 09-23-05 at 06:06 AM.
Old 09-23-05, 06:24 AM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well its obvious that no one likes Mr. NYWIZARD and I have seen many posts indicating that most people do not care for him. Even in the one video that I saw him in he did come across as a person that I probably wouldn't find myself hanging out with. But I don't know him so I will leave it at that. However I don't think that because a car resembles his or has "distasteful" mods that you should assume that I or anyone else who goes that route is low class or anything like that. Please don't make that mistake because we are all individuals who have spent a ton of money on "unnecessary" items to make our car look and sound how we want it to. I would say 9 out 10 of us have stereo system mods that would make us look like a menace if we werent careful. I mean I have seen most of the cars on here and they are all "tricked out" in some way shape or form. And I would say that for the most part we are all in the same boat to the outsider who would say why. Why spend several thousand dollars to put different rims on your car when the one's from the factory are fine. Why put an aftermarket stereo in your car when the GS not only comes with a decent stereo system but also a subwoofer? I think you guys understand what i'm saying. I don't consider my car distasteful just because I performed a mod that some of you whose cars have everything and more that mine does have chosen not to perform. Let he who is without mods cast the first stone.

(Stepping down from soap box)
Old 09-23-05, 07:50 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Automan
Well its obvious that no one likes Mr. NYWIZARD and I have seen many posts indicating that most people do not care for him. Even in the one video that I saw him in he did come across as a person that I probably wouldn't find myself hanging out with. But I don't know him so I will leave it at that. However I don't think that because a car resembles his or has "distasteful" mods that you should assume that I or anyone else who goes that route is low class or anything like that. Please don't make that mistake because we are all individuals who have spent a ton of money on "unnecessary" items to make our car look and sound how we want it to. I would say 9 out 10 of us have stereo system mods that would make us look like a menace if we werent careful. I mean I have seen most of the cars on here and they are all "tricked out" in some way shape or form. And I would say that for the most part we are all in the same boat to the outsider who would say why. Why spend several thousand dollars to put different rims on your car when the one's from the factory are fine. Why put an aftermarket stereo in your car when the GS not only comes with a decent stereo system but also a subwoofer? I think you guys understand what i'm saying. I don't consider my car distasteful just because I performed a mod that some of you whose cars have everything and more that mine does have chosen not to perform. Let he who is without mods cast the first stone.

(Stepping down from soap box)
don't take it personal Automan. if you're happy with your car who cares what people say.
the fact is, most people here like clean and subtle mods that flow, not just doing everything they can to their car just for attention. Some do tons of things to their cars and still keep a clean, classy look(Bluelex,TLW,Dave,OLT,etc.) I like the more conservative look, like it looks how it should have stock.
to each his own.

Last edited by chuckb; 09-23-05 at 07:54 AM.
Old 09-23-05, 08:40 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

someone go check on ebay again (blocked here at work)... there were at least TWO more gs's with lambo doors that i saw on there last night
Old 09-23-05, 10:23 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

so i take it i should return the lambo and suicide door kits from ebay that i ordered..>..DAMMMMMM

LOL..kidding.. i didn't order it for the record.

I do agree to each his own and if it makes you happy to mod your car that way then kudos to you. Its all about you at the end of the day.

Me personally have never liked lambo doors on 4 door cars... just never made sense.. or SUV's for that matter don't get me started on that.
Old 09-23-05, 02:02 PM
Eric-RPS13-
Lead Lap

suicide lambos on my buddies trans am that he uses as the shops show car is pretty bad assacre
Old 09-23-05, 07:55 PM
maaloxx
Pole Position

Default yeah but

Yeah exterior looks like crap. but fromt he pic the interior looks hot to me!