GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

New L-tuned Skirts and Dianzen Sways

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-05, 09:25 AM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New L-tuned Skirts and Dianzen Sways

I will be picking up my new L-tuned side skirts from Darrel over at Sewell on Monday and was wondering what to expect with installing them. Is it an easy off of the old, on with the new? I also asked him about the new Dianzen front end bushing set and he said he is hoping they will arrive in the middle of October. I was going to go ahead and just get the Dianzen bushing for the stock sway bars but he did not have those in yet either so I decided to buy the Dianzen sway bars. I will be picking those up on Monday as well. Again, are there any tricks to installing these? Any help would be appreciated. I will try and post some before and after pictures of the skirts.
Old 09-23-05, 10:23 AM
svt5150
Lexus Champion

No tricks, you can do it by yourself (i did) or you can get a helping hand to help hold the side skirt also. Do a search and you will see how its done. Just take off each end cap (screws) and then open doors and pop off. Install new ones with screws and pop the bottom tabs in and then re-install the end caps and you are good to go.
Old 09-23-05, 12:43 PM
JellyBean
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

You'll like the sway bars. As for their installation, I did it myself with no special tools. The front bar is a straightforward direct replacement, but the rear requires (a) the reversal of the end-links, and (b) the selection of one of three "aggressiveness" settings. The instructions that came with the bars are barely adequate, but there's plenty of info in CL. (There are even pictures of what the reversed end-links look like.) Also, don't forget to use loctite. I believe the instructions tell you which type to use where. Good luck and enjoy.

JB
Old 09-23-05, 04:06 PM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JellyBean
You'll like the sway bars. As for their installation, I did it myself with no special tools. The front bar is a straightforward direct replacement, but the rear requires (a) the reversal of the end-links, and (b) the selection of one of three "aggressiveness" settings. The instructions that came with the bars are barely adequate, but there's plenty of info in CL. (There are even pictures of what the reversed end-links look like.) Also, don't forget to use loctite. I believe the instructions tell you which type to use where. Good luck and enjoy.

JB
So which setting is the way to go? I imagine most people go with the aggressive. What setting did you use JB?
Old 09-24-05, 04:05 PM
JellyBean
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Least aggressive (outermost holes) as recommended in the instructions. Try that setting first, and if it's too conservative (which I really doubt), just move it up one notch. Good luck.
Old 09-24-05, 07:45 PM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

very nice mods! I love my l-tuned skirts and I plan to get some daizen sway also in the future
Old 09-25-05, 07:35 AM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

These are my first mods since joining Club Lexus. Reading about all the mods made me do it. You all are now responsible for what happpens The only other mods I've done are L-tunes shocks and springs and LED daytime running bulb and HID Highbeam bulb. I am also waiting on a new intake and strut bar I just bought from a CL member. Once I get all this put on I will finally post some pics.
Old 09-25-05, 08:28 PM
DetMich1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasGS
So which setting is the way to go? I imagine most people go with the aggressive. What setting did you use JB?
The Daizen sways with L-tuned shocks and springs will give you a very nice handling car. The floaty feel at highway speed and body roll going around turns at 30 miles an hour will be gone. The middle hole on the rear sway is plenty stiff. Be sure you have some good tires. You better post up some pics so we can see how its looking.
Attached Thumbnails New L-tuned Skirts and Dianzen Sways-mvc-003s.jpg