GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Help Need Rims

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-01, 09:33 PM
ERICKGS3
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

hey guys i need help. i am so confused! i need some 19 inch rims!! but i cant decide what to get. price range is about 400-650 per rim.....i want to put my car into a little car show my friend is putting together on august 3rd!! somebody anybody!!! i have seen lots of nice rims in the gallery but i dont know what rim is what...
Old 07-16-01, 10:16 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

E,

spoke, dish, mesh, what flavor do you like? pick out a few from the gallery, and we'll give some tips. chromes or silver finish?

also try these:

store.yahoo.com/lexusparts

the owner , HIRO is a very nice guy, he brings in jdm stuff and wheels from japan. the prices are reasonable.
i might special order some wheels from him, let me know if you see something you like, so we can get them together and save money.

or one of our wheel guru, MANARAY is also working on deals from japan, he would be a good source too.

last www.gtautosport.com

has many wheel pictures. the owner, dave, is also cool guy. the problem is extremely difficult to get in touch w/him.

as i said, you need to narrow down on some wheel choices so we can inform you of good sources.

budget: for 19s, $550-$700 are more realistic for good to the best rims. get the real, original, quality ones, not some knock-offs.

you can also PM me if you want.

william
Old 07-16-01, 10:49 PM
David GS400
Pole Position

Agree with William, you may need to bump your price a bit, especially for 19's. Check www.gtautosports.com for wheels. David has a huge selection so you can at least view many types. But he is sometimes hard to get a hold of, but I can say from experience he is a pretty straight up guy.

Also check www.permaisuri.com/wheels.html for a large selection.
Old 07-16-01, 11:28 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

HI David,

that is a great site on wheels. does the site sell any product it display? or is it just info?

i am surprised they do not have WEDS and WORK wheels.
thanks.

will
Old 07-17-01, 01:11 AM
ERICKGS3
Rookie

hey guys
thanks for info. i have 18's on there now but the outerlip makes the rim look smaller than an 18 and the gs has such large wheel wells. so i want to get atleast 19's. dubs look good but i am hoping that going with 19s will save the wallet in the long run. with the 18's they go bald really fast, like not even a whole year without having to buy new tires. i also want to have 40 series tires and with 19s i can stay with that, hopefully!! i have had so called knock offs and i have had so called real ones (94 300zx tt with 18inch blitz back in the day when 18s were huge) personally i prefer what looks good. i have no problem with a lexus sporting knock offs as long as they look good. yeah i hear that the knock offs arent made as good but i had some BBS wheels that cracked hitting potholes!! if you hit any of them hard enough they are ALL gonna crack or bend...

gs4will, i have seen gtautosports.com b4 but alot off the rims are 18's...tooo small!! the TRD wheels are nice but only in 18's

david gs400 awesome site.... thanks!!!

http://www.wheelsone.com/shopping/wh...?DAGItemID=B56

now these rims i like in the 20s.. i know they are knock-offs but i like the color as well as the style..my lexus is gold too so that goes into what wheel to buy. ...gold lexus with chrome wheels..noooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but yeah i welcome all ideas thanks!!
not a big selection with 19s and 20s (ahh shucks)
Old 07-17-01, 04:59 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

You can go to www.superbuytires.com and look through their selection. They pretty much have every brand name tire with pictures too.

Then you can come here and tell us what rim you like.

Old 07-17-01, 11:48 AM
ERICKGS3
Rookie

these are nice rims what kind are these??? are they 19s??
Attached Thumbnails Help Need Rims-lex248.jpg  
Old 07-17-01, 12:02 PM
gs430ondubz
Driver

they look like work meister 2. i think.... another place where you can get a wide variety is f1 motorsports in north hollywood, calif. just ask for frank. he knows alot about rims.

tell eugene sent you.
hope that was some help
Old 07-17-01, 01:33 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

they are either PIAA Rosa, or Work meister 2. if so, both are excellent brand. but the WORK Meister 2 only has 18s maximum.

will
Old 07-17-01, 10:23 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Work Meister S2. Or S2R i dunno.

These are the ones I wanted before, until the knock-offs came out and the LE37s came out
Old 07-17-01, 11:24 PM
-Lexus-GS400-
Rookie

Just make sure whaqt ever you buy, you buy the real thing,
i rather go 19's than 20's for pricing
Old 07-17-01, 11:33 PM
enginyr
Banned

I was going on the 101 on ramp at cauenga and I hit one of those huge metal plate on the road. I'm running on 16's and it sounded like my tires almost popped. I am soooo worried about getting 20's, or even 19's
Old 07-17-01, 11:46 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

enginuyr - Ah, I got a story for you...just happened the other day...

Being late as usual (to dinner), I was hauling *** down Vine (in Hollywood) at about...oh...60 or 65 or so...as I was getting close to Melrose and guess what? They're doing some LOVELY FRICKIN' road construction...

The road drops about a 2" to 2.5" and other side, is a nice fat frickin' EDGE to greet you...well, I going too fast to even bother braking when I noticed it (I had already "fallen" into the dropped portion of the road) and BAM! Didn't sound very good...but I made it to dinner only 5 minutes late! I was doing like 60 (I got off the gas) when it hit the bump...I SERIOUSLY thought I had AT LEAST put a bubble in the sidewall...

At any rate, when I got to the eatery, the first thing I did is check the wheels...didn't notice anything...figured I wouldn't worry about it until after dinner (hey, if the damage is done, there's nothing I can do about it, know what I mean? Might as well enjoy my meal!)...anyways, after I got home, I took a closer look at 'em...

GUESS WHAT? Nothing. Not a damn thing...on 20" HRE's with Nitto 555's in 245/35-20 with 42 PSI...

A while back, I was at F1 Motorsports (ask Frank about this one!) and this total ghetto looser comes in as in going on and on about how his "*****" was drive on Vine and she *****ed up his wheels and he told "his *****" not to drive that street, etc., etc.. (18" knock-off POS on a Civic) and then he left....we all looked at each other said said "You get what you pay for!" He was acting like he was some frickin' baller and he was crying about $150 wheels...

Last edited by Manaray; 07-18-01 at 01:10 AM.
Old 07-18-01, 08:34 AM
enginyr
Banned

Post a pic of your ryde? manaray
You think the nittos are better than the toyo's?
Old 07-18-01, 11:44 AM
gs430ondubz
Driver

hey manaray, you know frank at f1?? thats a trip cuz me a frank go way back. we all use to hit up the ontario races a while back. next time u see him, tell him eugene (one that use to have the turbo white gsx from guyver) said wazzzzzzaaahhhh.

01 GS430 Blk/Blk ML/Nav

Quick Reply: Help Need Rims