GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

OK, spill the beans!! (what are your 4Q mod plans?) Beans Session III

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-05, 01:24 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,271 Likes on 1,378 Posts
Question OK, spill the beans!! (what are your 4Q mod plans?) Beans Session III

OK we STILL have way too many people around doing super secret mods... sneaking around dropping little hints about this and that that take months to be seen. I can't say I'm not guilt-free in sneaking around doing mods myself sometimes .

However, I'm continuing a tradition I started last year that sheds a little more light on what I'm planning to do to my GS over the winter. I welcome advice from others on my mods and plan to document the process of putting them in.

Here's the last two threads (I've locked them while this thread is active so they aren't bumped .

#1 Original Beans Spillage
#2 Son of Beans courtesy Hameed.

I'll start this thread with me... this fall and winter I plan to work on the interior of the car mainly.

1) Install new leather interior I bought during the Leatherseats GB. I got Sandstone inserts that match the darker brown part of the doors, similar to what Lexforlife (Ed) got, but without the semi-circles. Although I know many have done this install themselves, I'm definitely paying a local recommended professional to do it for me.

2) Do something 'different' with the steering wheel... I'm not quite sure what yet. Not a fan of wood, but something to make it a little different than it is now. The 98 wheel is very bland, and I've got some worn leather.

3) Sirius Radio. Not sure how I'm going to wire it up yet as I don't think my Eclipse is Sirius-ready, could just use my RCA inputs and get a portable unit. Want to figure this out before Howard Stern comes on the air at end-of-year.

4) Getting a custom grounding kit made sometime in the fall / winter and dialing in the car audio. Needs some work.... some songs sound great, others like crap.

I'd also like to hear about what you are planning to do to your GS over the fall and winter beyond sticking on the winter tire and wheel package. Fess up!

Last edited by DaveGS4; 09-30-05 at 01:29 PM.
Old 09-30-05, 01:47 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1.Digital Airrunner

2. SomeFender mods to fit some deeeeeeep dish wheels in the rear (not widebody )
Think Fabulous profounds

3. Some sort of trunk setup..this is a big maybe

4. i would like to install some sort of backup camera (with a full screen view NOT a circular look )

5.rear Endless brakes

i think this is all
Old 09-30-05, 02:06 PM
49GS400
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be finishing up with these mods for the year.

1. Suspension mods (rear stb, sways, maybe coils)

2. Minor exterior mods (wind visor, tail lights, cf pillars)

This will pretty much be it for the year. I've spent way too much on my car for 2005. Year 2006 I plan on finishing up suspension mods, and will go all out in performance or a system.
Old 09-30-05, 02:08 PM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LM Blackwood kit
Hyper white reverse light bulbs
Ltuned steering ECU
Ltuned Badge
JDM Aristo emblem
Aristo License plate
SRT CAI intake .... dont think Im going to do this.
MOMO Boot ......trying to figure out how to do this.......***DONE***Love It!!!

Maybe new wheels

Last edited by LEXISM; 10-02-05 at 10:44 PM.
Old 09-30-05, 02:19 PM
Mattress
Pole Position

some of this might spill over to 1q06' but we'll see.

1). Wheels (definite)
2). System (definite)
3). Candy Paint (would be definite but waiting for kit ... maybe early 06')
4). Black Suede headliner and seat inserts + side arm suede (Trying very hard)
thats all thatll make me happy the end of this yr
Old 09-30-05, 02:27 PM
svt5150
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Supra TT Brakes that are in the garage.
EDFC for my Tein CS.
Remove stock spoiler and paint or TTE rear spoiler added with respray.
AbFlug front lip or TOM'S front with clear bra treatment.
Eclipse NAV/DVD.
Old 09-30-05, 02:31 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I need to get these installed.....
Old 09-30-05, 02:48 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 311 Likes on 189 Posts

Modding my car some more is a fantasy now .................
Old 09-30-05, 04:40 PM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile Future Mods

Originally Posted by chuckb
I need to get these installed.....

Chuck you still don't have those installed? Whats the holdup?

My next group of improvements not nec. 4th quarter

Want to be able to get Sirius Radio to listen to Howard Stearn. Leaning towards portable. Will do something by end of year.

Install Daizen Bushings on Upper and Lower Control Arms this will be in 4th quarter

Need new leather on drivers seat! Probably next spring.

Get Iforged wheels. Probably next spring.

Ivan
3dog
Old 09-30-05, 04:48 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 3dog
Chuck you still don't have those installed? Whats the holdup?

My next group of improvements not nec. 4th quarter

Want to be able to get Sirius Radio to listen to Howard Stearn. Leaning towards portable. Will do something by end of year.

Install Daizen Bushings on Upper and Lower Control Arms this will be in 4th quarter

Need new leather on drivers seat! Probably next spring.

Get Iforged wheels. Probably next spring.

Ivan
3dog
the guy at Toyota flaked out on me..told me .5 hours labor and now want's 4.5 I'm trying to find a worthy place to do it.
Old 09-30-05, 05:39 PM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
OK we STILL have way too many people around doing super secret mods... sneaking around dropping little hints about this and that that take months to be seen. I can't say I'm not guilt-free in sneaking around doing mods myself sometimes .

However, I'm continuing a tradition I started last year that sheds a little more light on what I'm planning to do to my GS over the winter. I welcome advice from others on my mods and plan to document the process of putting them in.

Here's the last two threads (I've locked them while this thread is active so they aren't bumped .

#1 Original Beans Spillage
#2 Son of Beans courtesy Hameed.

I'll start this thread with me... this fall and winter I plan to work on the interior of the car mainly.

1) Install new leather interior I bought during the Leatherseats GB. I got Sandstone inserts that match the darker brown part of the doors, similar to what Lexforlife (Ed) got, but without the semi-circles. Although I know many have done this install themselves, I'm definitely paying a local recommended professional to do it for me.

2) Do something 'different' with the steering wheel... I'm not quite sure what yet. Not a fan of wood, but something to make it a little different than it is now. The 98 wheel is very bland, and I've got some worn leather.

3) Sirius Radio. Not sure how I'm going to wire it up yet as I don't think my Eclipse is Sirius-ready, could just use my RCA inputs and get a portable unit. Want to figure this out before Howard Stern comes on the air at end-of-year.

4) Getting a custom grounding kit made sometime in the fall / winter and dialing in the car audio. Needs some work.... some songs sound great, others like crap.

I'd also like to hear about what you are planning to do to your GS over the fall and winter beyond sticking on the winter tire and wheel package. Fess up!
man dave your are crazy! I am just wondering how your GS can look any better....your GS is the definition of "Clean: already... I cant wait t o see pics of your new future upgrades!
Old 09-30-05, 05:42 PM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TLW
1.Digital Airrunner

2. SomeFender mods to fit some deeeeeeep dish wheels in the rear (not widebody )
Think Fabulous profounds

3. Some sort of trunk setup..this is a big maybe

4. i would like to install some sort of backup camera (with a full screen view NOT a circular look )

5.rear Endless brakes

i think this is all
digital airrunner and rear endless brakes...okay you have way too much money....please donate to the cody's mod foundation! ....fabolous profounds...hmm do you have pics of that? enlighten me on that....my next wheel setup...I want to go with more aggressive offsets and you better send me some sneak peaks hehe
Old 09-30-05, 05:45 PM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

for the december 2005 HIN:

- Junction Produce 3 piece rear spoiler (being painted)
- Junction Produce tails (still waiting)
- Junction Produce fusa (installed)

- custom leather cover on trunk lid (thanks to dennis, dont worry i'll get the screws back to you ASAP)...pics will be posted when i got time.

- front/rear lidatek laser setup (installed)

- luxurymods blue LED (i know some may think it will look rice...but trust me...I will add other stuff to compliment the blue )
package (4 Door Lights
1 Dome Light
2 Driver/Passenger Side Footwell Lights
1 Ignition Light
(on order)

- clear side markers (need to be installed)

- debadged rear emblems (finished)

- and if my friends have time...mayb get my headlights redone...fix my very minor blemish and leveling, and add TSX projector in DRL. (need to install projector)

umm who knows...maybe more to come lol dont wanna give away ALL the secrets
Old 09-30-05, 06:50 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TLW

This is on my list also. I dont like the round shadow that limits the field of view.

I have some parts out now that are getting some custom stuff done, including my UGO roof spoiler

Hopefully decide on a bodykit and get that rolling.

I have also been contemplating the new leather interior route. I would like a simple two tone, no suede. But this may be pushed back until 06 depending on my time.
Old 09-30-05, 07:40 PM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

i think my winter mods will be stripping the car down and putting to stock

Quick Reply: OK, spill the beans!! (what are your 4Q mod plans?) Beans Session III