GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Congrats to jmecbr900 on his Overboost article!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-05, 12:07 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats. Good work should be recognized.
Old 10-06-05, 05:14 AM
GS3T
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congrats
Old 10-06-05, 05:21 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Damn congrats on the writeup. You have an impressive machine there.
Old 10-06-05, 05:53 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats Jaime
Old 10-06-05, 06:46 AM
tomtnc
Pole Position

Sweet ride!
Old 10-06-05, 06:48 AM
KayGee
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Big Ups Jamie
Old 10-06-05, 07:22 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Congrats on the article and very clean car
Old 10-06-05, 08:42 AM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks guys. I truly appreciate that.

It wasn't exactly the full length feature on real magazine or anything, but I'll take it.

One of the editors of overboost approached me at NOPI and was inquiring about doing a photoshoot right there at the Nationals, but at the adjoining airport. Unfortunately, they couldn't get the permission to be able to move my car out there since I was in the Vendor area and AMS is really prickly about moving any of the cars in that area until AFTER the show. I figured, "oh well", but the guy called me and set up a shoot with one of their photographers after that.

The guy took some amazing shots of the car. He didn't use some of the really neat ones. We did one of those crane mounted cams like they use to shoot the mag covers where the car appears to be driving down the road. That was pretty cool. Too bad he didn't use that shot.

I'm hoping that this is just a little more exposure to try and finally get into print somewhere. That's my final goal.

Thanks for all the compliments guys. I really do appreciate it, especially considering that some of you guys have some REALLY beautiful cars yourselves.

Thanks again.
Old 10-06-05, 08:44 AM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by KayGee
Big Ups Jamie

Saw you at Tanners the other afternoon. I was gonna try and dive in there to say hey, but traffic was stingy and wouldn't let me over.

I work less than a block from there. You need to stop by one day. You changed your number, so everytime I pass you I can't get you on the horn. I'll have to chase you down next time I see you.....
Old 10-06-05, 08:49 AM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lexforlife
congrats jamie , well deserved bro , hope to be there one day very very very soon

Soon, huh????

It'll be my turn to reciprocate soon enough.....
Old 10-06-05, 08:49 AM
Spanky
Driver

Congrats on the article
Old 10-06-05, 08:58 AM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TLW
Congrats Jaime

What do you use for cooling fans?
Very good eye.

As my buddy Lex pointed out, we are using some super high volume slim fans. I literally have only mm's of clearance. They work great. The car actually runs slightly cooler now than with the stockers. We also had to make a reservoir for the radiator too since we had I/C piping running thru where the stock one was. It ended up looking really nice when we mounted it right beneath the ECU. The only thing that I lost was my windshield washer reservoir. It normally resides in the drivers side fender well, but because we needed the space to run piping back from the I/C, it had to go.

Windshield reservoir.....turbo.....reservoir.....turbo..... Yall know which one I picked, huh?

They made a special housing to retain my stock MAF too. It blended in just perfect, just before the intake. We used a custom 4" cold air inlet for the inlet of the turbo (that's what you see in the close up of the turbo itself in the article). That filter now resides right behind my pass fog light. The BOV sits facing out on right behind the other foglight (where the reservoir was before).

Don't get me started talking, cause I'll go on for days.
Old 10-06-05, 09:06 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by jmecbr900
Very good eye.

As my buddy Lex pointed out, we are using some super high volume slim fans. I literally have only mm's of clearance. They work great. The car actually runs slightly cooler now than with the stockers. We also had to make a reservoir for the radiator too since we had I/C piping running thru where the stock one was. It ended up looking really nice when we mounted it right beneath the ECU. The only thing that I lost was my windshield washer reservoir. It normally resides in the drivers side fender well, but because we needed the space to run piping back from the I/C, it had to go.

Windshield reservoir.....turbo.....reservoir.....turbo..... Yall know which one I picked, huh?

They made a special housing to retain my stock MAF too. It blended in just perfect, just before the intake. We used a custom 4" cold air inlet for the inlet of the turbo (that's what you see in the close up of the turbo itself in the article). That filter now resides right behind my pass fog light. The BOV sits facing out on right behind the other foglight (where the reservoir was before).

Don't get me started talking, cause I'll go on for days.

Great answer ..thanks Jaime

Im not sure if you have seen Soaristo site but, he had a similar problem with the windshield washer resevoir and came up with a very good idea . I''ll try and find it for you

Congrats again
Johnny
Old 10-06-05, 09:07 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh if you could post a pic of the fans that would be great
Old 10-06-05, 09:26 AM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

I'll post some up tonight.

Quick Reply: Congrats to jmecbr900 on his Overboost article!