GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

cost to repaint front bumper

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-05, 03:00 PM
imjohnphan
Lead Lap

Received 118 Likes on 93 Posts
Default cost to repaint front bumper

hey there guys .. someone just hit me and i panicked and since its my first time .. i was stupid and only gave them my number and name but i didnt get theirs .. this happened in a school parking lot. so like how much is it to get the front bumper like .. filled it a little and repainted .. its nothing major, im just afraid theyre gonna mess up their car and blame it on me. such a bad day for me

Last edited by imjohnphan; 10-06-05 at 08:04 PM.
Old 10-06-05, 03:15 PM
ARISTO*7
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would say around $200. GL getting it fixed
Old 10-06-05, 03:42 PM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where in Texas do you live? I just received something in the mail from Park Place Lexus in Plano that they were running a special on body work/painting.
Old 10-06-05, 03:54 PM
imjohnphan
Lead Lap

i live in houston, texas thanks for your feedback .. anyone else?

edit

they just called back and said it was my fault and they said they got an estimate for it and it would cost around $550 to repair just a front passenger fender of a 1997 nissan sentra.

Last edited by imjohnphan; 10-06-05 at 04:03 PM.
Old 10-06-05, 04:16 PM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 337 Likes on 290 Posts

dont go for that unless it wasyour fault of course if your not going to invole the insurance company make sure to get your own estimate
Old 10-06-05, 04:37 PM
jonathancl
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 250 Posts

If it's not your fault, you don't have to give them your information at all.
Old 10-06-05, 04:40 PM
imjohnphan
Lead Lap

is it true that it is no ones fault when in a parking lot? because that is what i was told.
Old 10-06-05, 05:06 PM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

thats crud... they're at fault... u dont need to give out ur information because it wasnt your fault

if u plan on going outside or with insurance u need their insurance info...

since u live in houston, i have plans to goto this shop off of hardy toll rd. and the beltway ... they did an awesome job with repainting my friends car... and it was good price.
300 to repaint trunk hatch, weld and bondo spoiler holes, remove dent of rear quarter panel and paint.. this was off an rsx

since these ppl are trying to BS u i would go through insurrance... get the check and buy a kit... or repair the front and buy a lip
Old 10-06-05, 06:04 PM
imjohnphan
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by joshoowa
thats crud... they're at fault... u dont need to give out ur information because it wasnt your fault

if u plan on going outside or with insurance u need their insurance info...

since u live in houston, i have plans to goto this shop off of hardy toll rd. and the beltway ... they did an awesome job with repainting my friends car... and it was good price.
300 to repaint trunk hatch, weld and bondo spoiler holes, remove dent of rear quarter panel and paint.. this was off an rsx

since these ppl are trying to BS u i would go through insurrance... get the check and buy a kit... or repair the front and buy a lip

hey could you give me the name of the place .. i would like to go by there and have them check out my car and just pay for it to get fixed.
Old 10-06-05, 07:51 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dam that sucks
Old 10-06-05, 07:59 PM
jonathancl
Racer

Originally Posted by imjohnphan
is it true that it is no ones fault when in a parking lot? because that is what i was told.
Think about how absurd that is.
Old 10-06-05, 08:02 PM
imjohnphan
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jonathancl
Think about how absurd that is.
i wasn't told that by her .. hahah .. my dad was the one who said that .. man .. imma have to pay for the damages myself because i have nothing to go on =/ man im stupid
Old 10-07-05, 06:34 AM
GWELEX
Lexus Champion

Too late for you now but always call the cops. Even if the minor accident is your fault, have a report made. It protects you from having to pay to fix other damages that weren't even related to the accident that the other person may try and claim. I know here in Alaska, the police will respond to parking lot fender benders and will write up a report. Many times they won't assign blame, unless you have witnesses or one of the folks involved admits to blame or it obvious who was at fault. Insurance companies always ask for the the Police Report and it's in your best interest to have one. Determing fault is what you pay your insurance company to do in situations like this and in the mean time they pay to repair your car providing you have proper covareage. Liability alone won't cut it.
Old 10-07-05, 09:27 AM
DavesGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GWELEX
Too late for you now but always call the cops. Even if the minor accident is your fault, have a report made. It protects you from having to pay to fix other damages that weren't even related to the accident that the other person may try and claim. I know here in Alaska, the police will respond to parking lot fender benders and will write up a report. Many times they won't assign blame, unless you have witnesses or one of the folks involved admits to blame or it obvious who was at fault. Insurance companies always ask for the the Police Report and it's in your best interest to have one. Determing fault is what you pay your insurance company to do in situations like this and in the mean time they pay to repair your car providing you have proper covareage. Liability alone won't cut it.
That would be nice if cops actually took down reports for all accidents. When my mom was hit in my GS, damage not too bad fender and bumper damaged, she called the cops and they arrived and said that if no one was hurt there was no need for a report. They just made sure that the appropriate information was exchanged. I didn't understand why they wouldn't make report (lazy) but I have heard that happen a couple of times here in Cali.
On issue, if the accident was not your fault then just involve the insurance companies. If you don't want to do that just get several estimates yourself and have them take it to the cheapest place. As long as they do a good job everyone should be happy
Old 10-07-05, 09:31 AM
jonathancl
Racer

Originally Posted by imjohnphan
i wasn't told that by her .. hahah .. my dad was the one who said that .. man .. imma have to pay for the damages myself because i have nothing to go on =/ man im stupid
And this is why my kids will take Camrys to college...

Quick Reply: cost to repaint front bumper