GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Warranty Work on GS430 Spoiler Sucks!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-01, 09:42 PM
ceoart
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

I posted here about a week ago about the paint coming off my Black GS430 Spoiler. They repainted it and the paint has bubbles in it! Even worse when I closed my trunk the Spoiler was shaking like it was made out of rubber! They did not even put it back on right. I said that I do not want to have this Spoiler painted again and have to wait almost week again for it to come back from the body shop. I told them this is my second GS I purchased in less than I year and I expect them to replace it with a new factory painted Spoiler. Lexus customer service response was I need to have the area Lexus Representative look at it. I said to Lexus the big reason I did not purchase a BMW was because I thought their service was better. This was after Lexus was made aware of the problem I had when I picked up my GS430 after the Spoiler repair and they tried to charge me for my 10,000 service even though I have a service contract that covers it! To make a long story short my service person said it would be okay to pick my car up at 7:00 PM. But he was gone when I had the problem and they only could get hold of the Sales Manager. After I told the Sales Manager I had a contract to cover the 10,000 he would not let me go out to my car to get it! I said then I will not pay for the work and I want my car now. His response was that he would call the police to remove me from the property! I was not yelling or cursing only annoyed. I paid for it and left. They did credit it back to my credit card the next day but they should have not charged me in the first place or threaten to call the police on me! :eek: If I wanted BMW type of service from Lexus I would have bought a BMW instead. If they don't replace the Spoiler with all I have been through I think I might as well buy a BMW next time.
Old 07-17-01, 10:53 PM
whitediamond
Pole Position

Default what dealer

What dealer gave you this grief? Sounds extreme.
As for the spoiler, that is strange. I have painted several spoilers and other body panels and never had one bubble, and I would not call myself an expert though they come out perfect. For it to bubble would indicate that primer was not properly applied and or the clear was applied incorrectly over the base. If properly done, a local paint job can be of much much better quality and durability vrs a factory paint job.
Old 07-17-01, 11:03 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

C,

i def feel bad for you/anyone else who received bad treatment by very few lex dealers. from my experience, my dealer has treated me w/nothing but utmost respect. i can assure you 99% if this were to happen to me, my dealer would have replaced the spoiler long ago. my cup-holder was rattling slightly sometimes, and was replaced the same day i did a minor service. i am beginning to think that competition among dealers in my area also bring out the best in service. another time my car had few scratches after it came out of car wash( i know exactly how many scratches are there on my car), the car was completely detailed the next week, free of charge.

i am quite certain that lex rep will take care your concern. and please do not let your dealer ruin your ownership experience of the lex. BMW is much, much worse....

keep us posted.

will
Old 07-20-01, 09:13 AM
LexusPride
Lead Lap

Ceo, I've said it before, go over their heads to Lexus corporate and they will sing a new tune. I don't care if there isn't another dealer in your state, make a few calls and you will be getting red carpet service, trust me. And my wife bought a beemer, please don't disillusion yourself into thinking that they will treat you better, you'll be pissed off even before you sign for the car ! And BMW wouldn't bother calling the police, because you'd still be waiting for them to finish working on your car !! In the meantime, write a letter to management or call to speak to the owner of the dealership, if you even indicate that you'll make a stick to headquarters, I guarentee they'll fix the problem and then some in no time.