GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

GS400 Lamborghini Doors

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-05, 07:33 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GWELEX
Once the Lambo style gets old, what's next for the full custom group, Gull wing doors or suicide rear doors? Each to his own, but not for me.
suicide doors might be kinda cool. I wouldn't do it personally, but suicide doors are more of a 4 door thing than Lambo doors if that's the type of mod you're after....

anyone ever seen suicide doors on a GS?
Old 10-14-05, 08:25 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I say you do lambo doors and than do Delorean doors for the rear...
Attached Thumbnails GS400 Lamborghini  Doors-dsc_0543.jpg  
Old 10-14-05, 08:26 AM
DuttyLeXus
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ummm i think theres nothing wrong with the way my doors open
save the money and do something else pleaseeeeeee.
Old 10-14-05, 01:40 PM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by landarc
Do they exist for a 98 GS400? If so, does anyone know where they can be purchased from? I remeber a lot of threads back someone did it to their GS. The GS was painted blue with crazy airbrushing detail on it, from what I can remember. If anyone knows, please let me know. Thanks.

LOL.... It kills me everytime this is brought up in the CL forums. Anyway the car that was spoken of is mine. I know everyone hates it but here is your info. I bought a blank SUV hinge kit from Decah and had it drilled to fit my car. The SUV kit is stronger and the GS has heavy doors so it works out well. Good luck if you decide to do it you will turn heads big time.
Attached Thumbnails GS400 Lamborghini  Doors-sideview.jpg  
Old 10-15-05, 06:51 AM
DuttyLeXus
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Automan
LOL.... It kills me everytime this is brought up in the CL forums. Anyway the car that was spoken of is mine. I know everyone hates it but here is your info. I bought a blank SUV hinge kit from Decah and had it drilled to fit my car. The SUV kit is stronger and the GS has heavy doors so it works out well. Good luck if you decide to do it you will turn heads big time.
I dont hate your car.....its quite intresting
Old 10-15-05, 07:23 AM
GWELEX
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DuttyLeXus
I dont hate your car.....its quite intresting
Same here. I have a lot of respect and appreciation of the work involved for Full Custom cars, it's just not for me anymore. Went that direction once with one of my VW's, custom interior, headliner, full Mullholland body kit, custom dash & gauges, monster stroker engine, etc. etc. Resulted in a good looking fast car but not without it's share of headaches.

http://www.mtaonline.net/~gweast/Sambapics/butch1.jpg

Now, I'm more into the stock, slightly accessorized look with focus on power, custom fitings under the hood and with more of the "hidden" type of upgrades. What I've always called a "sleeper". We'll see if I can control my accessorizing........
Old 10-15-05, 09:57 AM
ShadyJC
Lexus Test Driver

I'm going to swim upstream and say go for it. Vertical doors are definitely eye-catching.
Old 10-15-05, 10:20 AM
Tranman

I like vertical lift doors too, but I think they look nicer on two door cars as opposed to four door ones.
Old 10-16-05, 03:04 AM
Jugg_head
Driver

Originally Posted by Automan
How's the head room when getting in and out ? Is the pic of when the doors are fully open?
Old 10-17-05, 04:56 AM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jugg_head
How's the head room when getting in and out ? Is the pic of when the doors are fully open?
Yes the doors are fully open in the pic. There are a few kits that open all the way straight up like the one that GT Factory makes and while they are easier to get into I don't like the look as much as when the doors have a little tilt to them. The head room doesn't change but you do have to turn a bit to get in. I'm pretty short so there are several ways that I have found to get in. But for all their little issues I think the compliments and ooooh's and ahhhhhh's make it worth it.
Attached Thumbnails GS400 Lamborghini  Doors-sideview.jpg