GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

I got hit today...in the bum...

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-05, 04:46 PM
jonathancl
Racer

Received 365 Likes on 254 Posts
Unhappy I got hit today...in the bum...

Many of you don't know that I have posted more than 400 messages to this forum without gainful employment. Today marks the completion of my fourth day at Commerce Bank in Mt. Laurel, NJ, and the end to a rather odd period of joblessness. (Yay money for mods.)

So, day four of comuting to work, on my way home, I got rear-ended by a lady in a Saturn Vue. (Yay humorous sponsor links.)

My bumper is visibly damaged but not too badly, a little scratched and mishapen, muffler tips not quite centered at the moment. There may be structural damage beneath, but I am super impressed with how the car took the hit. There's minor damage to the trunk lid beneath the license plate, but it still opens and closes without issue.

Her Saturn, on the other hand, looks terrible: bumper's mangled, headlight's askew, grille's broken. Yay Lexus!

I got her info, did not give her mine, discouraged a police report since everyone was okay and wanted to get home. I called her insurance co (GEICO); they're paying for damages and sending a guy to look at my car so I don't have to schedule a visit anywhere. I told them I'm choosing the body shop and will see who the Lexus dealer recomends. Any recommendations near Mt. Laurel, NJ?

All will be well again soon. Oh and I ordered PZeroNeroM&S to make myself feel better.
Old 10-20-05, 04:49 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sorry to hear J

side note ( Links are doo-doo)
Old 10-20-05, 04:55 PM
JMgs300
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jonathancl
I got her info, did not give her mine, discouraged a police report since everyone was okay and wanted to get home. I called her insurance co (GEICO); they're paying for damages and sending a guy to look at my car so I don't have to schedule a visit anywhere. I told them I'm choosing the body shop and will see who the Lexus dealer recomends. Any recommendations near Mt. Laurel, NJ?

All will be well again soon. Oh and I ordered PZeroNeroM&S to make myself feel better.
My dealer is Ray Catena Lexus in oakhurst... when i smacked up my moms es300 we dropped it off to lexus and they use a body shop in Rahway... When we got the car back you couldnt even tell it was ever hit...best body work ive ever seen. Im sure if you call ray catena and ask them the body shop they use they will gvie you the name and number. Ray Catena Lexus & Jaguar # is 732-493-2100
Old 10-20-05, 05:02 PM
AJ
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about your mis-fortune
Old 10-20-05, 05:44 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Sorry to hear of what had happened, but how did you avoid giving your info to her? I thought in an accident, you have to exchange info both ways... thx
Old 10-20-05, 05:47 PM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to hear about the accident, but thankfully noone was hurt...hopefully you be back on the road soon, good as new. On a positive note, congrats on the new job....I know what is like to be out of work for a while....it sucks
Old 10-20-05, 07:15 PM
jonathancl
Racer

Originally Posted by LexAristo
Sorry to hear of what had happened, but how did you avoid giving your info to her? I thought in an accident, you have to exchange info both ways... thx
I never give my info when I'm not at fault. Why would the other party need my insurance info if I'm the one who needs to file a claim? If there's a dispute, I get a cop.
Old 10-20-05, 07:26 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Originally Posted by jonathancl
I never give my info when I'm not at fault. Why would the other party need my insurance info if I'm the one who needs to file a claim? If there's a dispute, I get a cop.

Good point, I just hope if it ever happens to me, it doesn't become an argument.
Old 10-20-05, 07:47 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sorry to hear it man. on the plus side, the adjuster will probably come to your house, look at it, and cut you a check for retail price to fix everything. then you can use your know how and CL vendors/classifieds and still come out ahead. make sure you show the adjuster everything wrong you can possibly find.
Old 10-20-05, 07:53 PM
e-man
Lead Lap

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Congrats on the new tires.
Old 10-20-05, 08:09 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey, I live right near there. You can use Lexus of Cherry Hill's body shop, which is on RT 38 in Mount Holly, esp. if it's an insurance claim. Or...you can go to Michael's Auto Body, which is on 73 in Cinnaminson/Pennsauken, very reasonably priced. Or...if you need supreme body work, you can go to R&B Auto Body, just over the Tacony bridge in NE Philly.

PS: Yo Johnny, the thread that your sig is linked to is a freakin riot. Would have been even funnier if someone had not tipped him off and he got totally surprised.

Jerry
Old 10-20-05, 08:26 PM
GWELEX
Lexus Champion

Bummer, stuff happens. We had our RX involved in a hit and run in a parking lot. Not bad but a dent none the less. Got the check today, will have the local Toyota/Lexus dealer repair it. Hopefully you'll come out ahead and have a few extra bucks for some custom touches.
Old 10-20-05, 09:30 PM
LXBOY
Driver

Unhappy Sucks

That hurts. I really like how your back looked. Hope you can get it back to looking the same. What was she doing, applying an eye liner... Some females really **** me off. . Wish you the best Jonathan.
Old 10-20-05, 09:50 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

That sucks... you get hit by a Saturn and than we get these nice green links to highlight and promote the car that wacks you..life is fair...LOL

side note - good luck man i'm glad that you will soon have mod money but remember your 1st check isn't until next week..lol
Old 11-03-05, 10:12 AM
jonathancl
Racer

Default Rant...

I dropped the car off Monday morning (Liberty Collision, per Lexus and member recommendations). It was supposed to be ready Wednesday, but it wasn't ready until lunchtime today (Thursday).

I drove to get it, excited to get rid of the POS Dodge Magnum I've come to despise, took a long walk around the car, excited to see it and looking forward to driving it home when I see all is not right.

The passenger side exhaust tip isn't even close to centered. Granted, I'm ****; I'd have noticed a 1/4", but it's a good 1.5" to the outside. It's so far off it would probably bounce against the bumper if I hit a pot hole.

So I drag the guy out to show him, and he tells me all the reasons he can't fix it. WTF? Dude. Fix it! He says they may have to replace the muffler. No ****. And the time to do that was yesterday when you saw how far off it was. Do your goddam job and stop wasting my time.

He just called after putting the call into GEICO to examine the car and authorize a new muffler. What the hell do I do if they decide not to replace my muffler? I'm just supposed to accept the ****-poor placement of my exhaust?? And I'm still without my car...probably through the weekend...

Man I hate having other people touch my car...

Last edited by jonathancl; 11-03-05 at 11:14 AM.

Quick Reply: I got hit today...in the bum...