GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

More Blood

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-01, 08:08 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile

I'm hooked, I admit it. 2 more tonight.

I couple of guys in a newer camaro, dual exhausts, y'know the type. I knew it wasn't an SS, one because a friend of mine has one. No, we haven't lined em up yet; later.

Anyway, we're at this light, and they're looking over at me like, 'gimp, nice sedan' and to me, it just adds a little garnish to the dish I'm about to serve them.

'Kill mode on'

He begins to rev, and the dual exhaust on the 6 camaro is not impressive to say the least. Down click to 2, heart pumping.

Green light go, and we're even until about the time my 2nd starts winding out, then third hits and I've walked away. I don't know how fast we were going, but it was almost scary; at the top of 2nd, I'm thinking 'cops near'. What's even better is, I can't remember feeling the shifts. Very nice.

He slows and turns off.

Later, some guy in a Neon with a coffee can, comes up beside me at about 45mph, revs, and scoots ahead just a little. I downshift to 3rd, with just a blip of throttle, and were even. This part I love: he down shifts and lays on it hard, I apply another 5 or 10% throttle,
*without shifting*, and keep pace. This continues for about another 5 or 10 secs and he backs off. I'm grinning form ear to ear.

That's all for tonight. Soon after the Neon episode, cops are out and I see many blue lights, so I call it an evening, clean the blood from my ax, and put it away.

Old 07-21-01, 08:15 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Sorry Admin

I've never gone to the other sub forums, so I didn't know about the racing one.

Whoops.