GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)
View Poll Results: Should I rebadge my car with Toyota Aristo badges
Yes, Real JDM, YO!!
14.52%
NO, Its a dam Lexus, than everyone will ask what model toyota it is.
85.48%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

should I Toyota badge the car?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-05, 07:40 AM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

adrian, at first i was like WTF are you thinking?!?!?! but its you man... EVERYTHING you have done to ur car has been ORIGINAL and done RIGHT... so i know if u do this conversion, it will be done right. but the more i think about it, i dont think i would do it since there would prob. be 100 minor details that would be too annoying and drive me NUTS. but u seem to like doing stuff like that. good luck
Old 10-21-05, 08:01 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow the Poll is close..LOL.. I was thinking no badges in the rear just the "T" from Toyota. Aristo Door sills and Toyota Airbag. Engine already says Toyota ...hmm

Originally Posted by svt5150
It would be cool, but then if you want to take it even further.... You gotta switch the steering wheel to right hand drive You said you want to "complete the look"
Gee thanx man just add more work to my mind. I don't think thats possible unless I start with a right hand drive car before modding, Wait is their a way to convert a left hand drive to right hand drive? is so whats involved, getting the parts isn't hard for me but is it possible?

Originally Posted by PHML
A....

Nice grill in your sig!!!

Btw...I just debadge rather that going to all Toyota badges....plus, if you do that....you should do everything else like the airbag, door sills, etc...

Pete
Thanx Pete, I had great transaction with Dennis and You helped me so much in locating it plus your imput before I purchased was much appreciated, Thanx man..

as far as the badges I right now only have the "L" in my rear and nothing else in the whole car front or back so outside would only be a "T" in the rear if I switched, with the aristo sills and Toyota airbag to match of course, what do you think? Did you vote NO..LOL
Old 10-21-05, 08:13 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I just thought about something, Floor mats. I would have to find Blk toyota floor mats too match or see if a shop could redo my mats to say toyota..hmm now its looking like more work than I originally thought..
Old 10-21-05, 09:17 AM
svt5150
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just cover your existing mats in black suede (for shows) to match the headliner. That would be pimp.
Old 10-21-05, 09:50 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
wha?! chris never agreed to do one for me!
LOL. You never asked. Besides, I might not even do my next one. I need the pro for that, you know which one.
Old 10-21-05, 10:00 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by bluelex
I've been thinking hard the last couple of days as to if I should officially rebadge my car with toyota & aristo badges. Thanx to Chuck I found a toyota airbag to complete the look. So with aristo door sills, toyota air bag, toyota logo in the rear , aristo engine and mayb aristo fendor badges should I go for it? I like the "L" but I'm also kind of thinking it would be a nice jdm tuner theme to my car to along with the other jdm items..

What do you guys think?
I voted yes but the most important question is what do YOU see the car as? It has the JDM only 2JZ-GTE but started life as a LHD USDM lexus. I would say it has more of the sporty JDM Aristo attributes purely due to the sportier engine and suspension mods and less of the quiet laid back lexus characteristics.

You also modded this car to be sportier and "rougher and tougher" so it seems that the Lexus characteristics weren't satisfying enough for you and at heart, you wanted your car to be an Aristo, even if you didn't conciously voice it out.

If so, you should be true to yourself and stick that Toyota emblem on as a badge of honour and not go with the L badge just because its perceived by others as more "upmarket"
Old 10-21-05, 10:04 AM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this guy right here ...the toysport GS has a 2jzgte Swap also...I like how he badged his car

he badged it like this I couldnt find the other pic which shows it clearly
LEXUS (L) GSV300

I thought it looked cool

or

ARISTO (L) GSV300

or like mine

LEXUS (L) ARISTO

any of these will work fine ....Rember you car is a mixture of both USDM and JDM
Old 10-21-05, 11:09 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bluelex
. Engine already says Toyota ...hmm
now I understand your motivation
Old 10-21-05, 11:17 AM
IS0LD0UT
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GILLEXUS
It started out as a Lexus I'd Keep it as a Lexus. It'll be a sweet Lexus with a attitude.
I totally agree.
Old 10-21-05, 11:27 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the idea of just the T emblem in the back. I think that would look great. But I agree with some of the others not to mix and match Toyota and lexus badges. Your attention to detail is impeccable and I think that having different brand badges would bother me too much. But that T in the rear is sexy. What about a V300 emblem to go with it? I also love the new sig. Very sinister looking
Old 10-21-05, 01:39 PM
beauphus
Pole Position

i personally like the idea of keeping the L or even doing nothing at all...
Old 10-21-05, 01:53 PM
Eric-RPS13-
Lead Lap

as long as you go all out like others have said
including the steering wheel with the sombraro
Old 10-21-05, 03:19 PM
White98ARISTO
Goldmember

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree with everyone, only do it if you are going to do everything. I have done it to my car, and have no regrets. I get people all the time asking me why I did that to my lexus, but ultimately it comes down to how you see your car and the style you want to go. I changed everything on my car on the exterior to be JDM, from front grill w/ emblem, shaving front bumper, amber side markers, to emblems in the rear. And that’s the style and look I'm going for. In the end, consider other's opinions, but its your car and do what you want to do. Thanks just my thinking.

Tommy
Old 10-21-05, 04:20 PM
jaja
Pole Position

I just Toms car a few days ago - I think everything except the airbag was Toyota.... doorsills and all. My favorite was the bumper... how did you fill that in btw. bondo? I think John honestly thought it was a Toyota car, I think he was quite fooled. You got the engine cover too? You have to get one from the LS right? Does it fit?

Anyway - bottom line - if you do it all, it looks tight.
Old 10-21-05, 04:22 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HEY, If all Japanese people oversea is paying a premium on lexus model, why should we change it now?? the same Aristo and GS for sell over there have a huge difference in Price. People went all crazy about lexus down there... so hell, I keep my Lexus Emblem/

Quick Reply: should I Toyota badge the car?