GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)
View Poll Results: Should I rebadge my car with Toyota Aristo badges
Yes, Real JDM, YO!!
14.52%
NO, Its a dam Lexus, than everyone will ask what model toyota it is.
85.48%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

should I Toyota badge the car?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-05, 04:39 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by blacksc400
HEY, If all Japanese people oversea is paying a premium on lexus model, why should we change it now?? the same Aristo and GS for sell over there have a huge difference in Price. People went all crazy about lexus down there... so hell, I keep my Lexus Emblem/
Well, now that Lexus is available there, it might not such a big deal as before.
Old 10-21-05, 05:06 PM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I voted for no, but looking more at the pics with the T on the back, esp the black aristo, it does look kinda cool. Worse case scenario, you change the logo's and don't like it, and you just switch them all back to the L.....I wouldnt doubt that after you put up pics with the T's, some would change their opinions, including myself.
Old 10-21-05, 06:55 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by natnut
I voted yes but the most important question is what do YOU see the car as? It has the JDM only 2JZ-GTE but started life as a LHD USDM lexus. I would say it has more of the sporty JDM Aristo attributes purely due to the sportier engine and suspension mods and less of the quiet laid back lexus characteristics.

You also modded this car to be sportier and "rougher and tougher" so it seems that the Lexus characteristics weren't satisfying enough for you and at heart, you wanted your car to be an Aristo, even if you didn't conciously voice it out.

If so, you should be true to yourself and stick that Toyota emblem on as a badge of honour and not go with the L badge just because its perceived by others as more "upmarket"
To be honest I could care less if someone asks me if its a toyota or lexus anymore, I used to care I don't think that way anymore. I agree with you and really want people to think when they see the car. If they ask I'll explain.

Originally Posted by chuckb
now I understand your motivation
Yup, it all started when I saw what looked like an infiniti g35 at a show but it was fully nissan skyline'd out with motor swap, badges and all. I really liked that look when I saw it so I've been thinking about ever since and since I did the hardest part of the conversion thought I might go for it to see how it looks.

Originally Posted by White98ARISTO
I agree with everyone, only do it if you are going to do everything. I have done it to my car, and have no regrets. I get people all the time asking me why I did that to my lexus, but ultimately it comes down to how you see your car and the style you want to go. I changed everything on my car on the exterior to be JDM, from front grill w/ emblem, shaving front bumper, amber side markers, to emblems in the rear. And that’s the style and look I'm going for. In the end, consider other's opinions, but its your car and do what you want to do. Thanks just my thinking.

Tommy
Thanx Tommy, I agree with you with the jdm feel, haveing jdm-wheels,brakes,coils,taillights,headlights, grill,front bumper, and engine I thought it would be a nice touch to the theme..

Originally Posted by markgs4
I voted for no, but looking more at the pics with the T on the back, esp the black aristo, it does look kinda cool. Worse case scenario, you change the logo's and don't like it, and you just switch them all back to the L.....I wouldnt doubt that after you put up pics with the T's, some would change their opinions, including myself.
Thanx Mark, I'm probably going to try it and see how I like it. That "T" in the rear does look cool imo too.

Thanx a lot guys for your votes and comments. I think i'm going to try it cuz if I don't I won't be able to say if I like it or not until I see it in person...
Old 10-21-05, 08:10 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

No badges
Old 10-21-05, 08:49 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's food for though, if you put the Toyota would they let you enter a VIP autofashion car show. lol
Old 10-21-05, 08:56 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LexAristo
Here's food for though, if you put the Toyota would they let you enter a VIP autofashion car show. lol
LOL, I was actually thinking if they would put me in against the Toyota's at HIN in Dec.
Old 10-22-05, 11:40 AM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got l-tuned grill in front so no L emblem, one day a girl came up and tell me:" Nice Toyota"!!
Old 10-22-05, 04:20 PM
REV-01
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bluelex
LOL, I was actually thinking if they would put me in against the Toyota's at HIN in Dec.
my acura tl got a full honda inspire conversion, and they put me in the acura class not honda, people who know will put you in lexus. people who don't know shouldn't organize a show.
Old 10-22-05, 04:32 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by REV-01
my acura tl got a full honda inspire conversion, and they put me in the acura class not honda, people who know will put you in lexus. people who don't know shouldn't organize a show.
Right, I'm pretty sure the big main stream shows know the difference.
Old 10-22-05, 09:41 PM
Lex_Fnatic
Lead Lap

Definetely.

You'd be one of the few- why not make your gs even more unique. Be not afraid to have a toyota...instead of a lexus owner- its crazy this is why no one has done it it feels like.......

No but dont mess with the labels mixing gs with v300.....stupid stupid.

Those who know what their talking about- will see you do to....even though it already shows considering your choice of mods....

ps but can you get black pearl embelms?

Last edited by Lex_Fnatic; 10-22-05 at 09:44 PM.
Old 10-22-05, 09:43 PM
e-diddy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by blacksc400
I got l-tuned grill in front so no L emblem, one day a girl came up and tell me:" Nice Toyota"!!
LOL.................

At that point did you tackle her to the ground and run her over with the Toyota..............J/K

Bluelex, I think the poll speaks clearly man. I say stick with the Lexus emblems.

And the sig is sick man. BIG on that. Would not have expected anything less from someone with a ride like yours man. This thing will give you nightmares if you stare at it too long.
Old 10-24-05, 07:46 AM
Gs Dreams
Pole Position

i think you should go with the Toyota Aristo look. i think its a true jdm style that will look good as well seperrate you from the others out there. so imho go for it
Old 10-24-05, 09:13 AM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Why not convert it to RHD? how hard can it be ?
Old 10-25-05, 10:43 AM
Gs Dreams
Pole Position

yea i was thinking the same thing too. but i think it may be a hassle and a lot of money just to do something like that, and to think is it worth it? well yea it is because u just change your usdm lex in to a "tru" jdm lex.
Old 10-25-05, 01:46 PM
LexusIV
Pole Position

I think that if you keep it a lex, you should cange the engine to the L too.

Also if your really trying to keep everything the same you'll need to get all new glass that says lexus instead of toyota, since your car is a 98'.
So I guess that would be one thing you wouldn't have to change if you made the switch.

But whatever you go with I know will look good.

I don't think people are going to change their opinion of your car just from what the logos say.

Good luck

Quick Reply: should I Toyota badge the car?