GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

broken into

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-01, 10:53 PM
di60da
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys,
a disaster just happen to my car, it has been broken into. i parked my car at the apartment garage provided by my management. it seems that they are trying to steal the car, but it did not work out. My ignition box was totally been messed up... i cannot start the car at all.
when they realized they cannot take the car, they decided to take all my CDs and coins.... it seems that they entered through the passenger door, as the handle of that door was broken, lots of scartches and dings....
my only concern is what will lexus do to my car? will they replace the whole computer chips?
and should i file a complaint to my apartment manager? as the garage door is broken and it has been wide open for the past three days

sorry for the long post, thanx......
Old 07-21-01, 11:17 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

di,

sorry to hear the mishap...

you need to do these:

1.file police report
2.inform the management
3.call your insurance co(i hope you have the best coverage as i do)

4.have the car inspected by your dealer for all necessary parts. i do believe the chips and all vital parts will be replaced.

5.good body shop for the injured lex.

something like this happened to my camry too. some punks could not get inside the car, so they messed up the outside and jammed the key opening.

will
Old 07-21-01, 11:35 PM
y2kgs
Pole Position

all go Will but also file a complaint against the management for the damage of the car. When you park inside a apartment garage. They should pay for part of the damage if not all. Just make sure that there were no sign stating otherwise.
REALLY SORRY TO HEAR THAT AND HOPE ALL WILL GET DONE ASAP
Old 07-21-01, 11:51 PM
whitediamond
Pole Position

Default Sorry

Sorry to hear of your loss. It is sad to be part of such a species that lowers intelf to such levels. I woulld tru to go through the apartment complexes insurance company first. If not then your own insurance company should take care of it.
Old 07-22-01, 12:04 AM
BananaGS
Tech Guru

Unhappy Sorry to hear that

I know your feeling man, my sup' up honda prelude got broken in 2 times in 1 year (hee hee time for me to move now)

first, tell the management, very likely the just gonna post a sign and warn all the resident, but not doing anything more than that (ie pay you for the damage, don't expect it)

call the cop, get a police report ( insurrant claimed, i hope you got a good policy like mine :eek: )

second:
just need to the dealer to replace the ignition switch if it's messed up, can you can't put the key in to start the car. and make sure to remove any of the wire or make sure the ignition still works (ie, they did not cut anything trying to hot wire the car)

no need to replace the computer module, it's all most impossible to hack the factory computer, if they could not hack it the first time, they won't make the same mistake twice and trying to steal you car the same way again, next time they might bring a tow truck. you never know, (seat some where any wait for them with a .45mm hee hee)

I spent 2 months to build the ultimate alarm system on my honda prelude after they broke in my car the first time. The second time, they tried it again, but they could not get anything, after that, they know I won't want to mess with my car anymore

third:
get an aftermarket alarm, a louder horn/siren, a hood/trunk lock or back up battery (i have all locks on my prelude) and VERY IMPORTANT: Park your car where every can SEE and HEAR when the alarm siren(s) come ON (now you know how crazy am I when it comes to protecting my properties, i make sure the whole complex gonna wake up if someone OPEN my door w/o my permission :eek: )

I will doing the alarm system on my GS in a few weeks, look for instruction how to do it soon :eek:

Once again, sorry for hear your lost, feel like i lost something too =(

Anh
Old 07-22-01, 12:22 AM
di60da
Driver School Candidate

thanx for all your concern guys,
i will call my insurance first thing in the morning tomorrow, and i will also call my dealer and ask them to tow my car.
how long do you think they are going to take to repair it?
i think it's going to take sometime...
and i have to spent the rest of my summer without my beloved car......
Old 07-22-01, 12:38 AM
BananaGS
Tech Guru

also, tonite, you might want to park it some where so you can see / hear it. take out a couple fuses or something, to make sure they not gonna come back tonite

anh
Old 07-22-01, 12:49 AM
di60da
Driver School Candidate

the problem is i cannot start the car...
i cannot put in my key into the starter as it has already been destroyed....... the underneath of my sterring wheel is in a total mess.....
lots of broken particles on the floor mat.......
when the police saw it, he told me right away that the culprit was going to steal my car.....
Old 07-22-01, 05:10 AM
mooretorque
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Unhappy

Sorry for your loss.......it makes you feel violated. Call your Lexus 24 hour Roadside Assistance #......they'll dispatch a Lexus-contracted wrecker service trailer and should be able to get your Lexus onto your dealer's lot where it ought to be more secure. Also, all your perps know (if they return) is that your car isn't there anymore, so they'll go looking for someone else's car to jack.

From your description, I doubt it'll take your dealer more than a few days to repair the damage.

Again, sorry........I know how you are feeling from prior personal experience.
Old 07-22-01, 06:28 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Angry

Just another reason why lexus should make a better alarm ! A couple of years ago I saw some punk trying to drill a hole in my passenger side door lock. I got out of the cafe and broke his face. .

Sorry to hear this mishap happen to you !
Old 07-22-01, 08:18 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sorry to hear that man, hey diesalman, i may not be as big as you (maybe 1/2 your size) but i kno if i saw someone fu**ing around with my car trying to hack or brake into it, i'd brake their face too, too bad you werent' there to do that to him on your car man, i'm really sorry and i hope that everything works out for the best... GOOD LUCK

p.s. my car was damaged, the whole front assembly was messed up, and it only took 2 weeks to repair and repaint, so i think you'll have your baby before its gets cold
Old 07-22-01, 10:08 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by LexusRules

p.s. my car was damaged, the whole front assembly was messed up, and it only took 2 weeks to repair and repaint, so i think you'll have your baby before its gets cold
Lexusrules, wasn't your car damaged by your own lexus guys at the dealership?
Old 07-22-01, 10:59 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yea, saves the towing bill i guess! haha
Old 07-22-01, 12:59 PM
Kooly
Rookie

Di,

Sorry to hear about the tragedy suffered by you and your car. Those gave good advice.....hopefully your insurance co and Lexus will take care of you. I got a tip on who it was though, it had to have been a BMW owner in a jealous rage Well, goodluck!
Old 07-22-01, 09:51 PM
1niceride
Lexus Test Driver

First off i'm non violent really . But if they might come back i would get my baretta and stake out my own car . When these punks come back they will be sorry .