GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

my Ltuned aero kits

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-01, 11:34 AM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by tinygs

Globe, does that front bumper really exist, or is that a GLOBE designs version-1....Either way that is the best looking bumper I haveseen! hahahahahaahah
Let me know....Tiny
Looks kinda Merc-y to me, IMO...

Brent
Old 07-23-01, 01:08 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by tinygs

Globe, does that front bumper really exist, or is that a GLOBE designs version-1....Either way that is the best looking bumper I haveseen! hahahahahaahah
Let me know....Tiny
That's the TOM's front bumper, featured on the TOM's VA300 special edition Aristo. Not sold to the public, only as a part of the complete car.

But I'm sure there are ways to get them.
Old 07-23-01, 01:36 PM
nanotech
Lexus Test Driver

GLOBE: You are the graphics MASTER!

If you could pick any existing front bumper from any kit for the GS, is that the one you would pick for your GS?

That bumper does look a lot like the LECS front bumper which Hiro sells on his site:
Attached Thumbnails my Ltuned aero kits-lecsbumper.jpg  
Old 07-23-01, 02:01 PM
jahdish
Rookie

the side skirts and grill look hot- how much did they run u if u don't mind me asking?
Old 07-23-01, 02:18 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by nanotech
GLOBE: You are the graphics MASTER!

If you could pick any existing front bumper from any kit for the GS, is that the one you would pick for your GS?

That bumper does look a lot like the LECS front bumper which Hiro sells on his site:

that's not the one I would use. I like Egoist.

The LECS one IS actually, the one that's the one on TOM's VA300. I don't know the details but I think they designed it for the VA300 and since so many people likes it they're releasing it through their own brand name. Very nice looking kit. The pictures are the VA300 pictures debadged.
Old 07-23-01, 02:37 PM
nanotech
Lexus Test Driver

I actually considered the Egoist kit a little bit, but its just too aggresive for me and for my car's color (champagne gold)...I actually found the LECS front bumper only 3hrs ago while I was going through Hiro's site, and then I saw ur post and I was like...that looks so nice! and the car you put that bumper on was silver but kinda looks like my gold color because of the way light is reflecting off that car in that picture...so it gave me a good idea of how it would look like on my car....thanks

do you know anything about the quality of that LECS front bumper? and do you think it would match up well with the rest of my ALL STOCK car? And is the bumper any lower than the stock bumper?
Old 07-23-01, 02:46 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by nanotech
I actually considered the Egoist kit a little bit, but its just too aggresive for me and for my car's color (champagne gold)...I actually found the LECS front bumper only 3hrs ago while I was going through Hiro's site, and then I saw ur post and I was like...that looks so nice! and the car you put that bumper on was silver but kinda looks like my gold color because of the way light is reflecting off that car in that picture...so it gave me a good idea of how it would look like on my car....thanks

do you know anything about the quality of that LECS front bumper? and do you think it would match up well with the rest of my ALL STOCK car? And is the bumper any lower than the stock bumper?
I like Egoist because it's NOT THAT AGGRESSIVE :eek: compared to kits like Blitz and VeilSide, but it's very unique and sophisticated.

LECS quality should be superb, that's why TOM's used it on their car! (assuming my theory of LECs making kit for VA300 is true). ALL STOCK? It should look better with larger wheels. ANY KIT looks better with larger wheels. At least lower the car. Also, the bumper should be lower than stock. Not by much, but still lower. That's by looking at the height of the front compared to the stock sides. I've never seen the kit in real person.
Old 07-23-01, 04:27 PM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

by talking to Hiro's personally this kit is arriving to the states in a few weeks. Since it is sold in japan only as a part of the complete tom's limited edtion, they can't/won't sell this kit in japan.... (cuz it would destroy the limited edition image) however, in the states is different, and since a lot of people like this subtle yet aggressive kit, they will import this to here ! yay!!

I have never heard of LECS be4, hiro told me this kit will be from toms, i seriously don't know where that name comes from. however, this kit is one of the most perfect fitment bodykit you can find on a gS, and it is made by the same material as the factory GS body, so there shouldn't be any doubts about the quality of this kit.

As Lsportline goes for the Mercedes E front bumper look,
This Tom's kit aims at the M3~M5 bumper look.

I really luv this kit, especially the front bumer, the side/rear somehow are a bit too subtle for me. what do you guys think?
Old 07-23-01, 05:01 PM
nanotech
Lexus Test Driver

Looks like a lot of people agree with me about the LECS kit.

It looks really nice, its rare, and you guys say the quality is superb...so...how much for just the front bumper?

And what about my fog lights? How would that bumper look with fog lights? Do the fog lights fit in perfectly somehow, does it look neat or can you tell that the front bumper doesn't belong with the rest of the car?

I can't risk getting my car lowered or installing side skirts or anything because over in my area, its very hilly and the car already scrapes from the bottom of the front and rear bumpers sometimes even though its all stock.

I am not gonna be getting any new wheels, I currently have the stock 17" chromes and the rest is all stock, can't lower, can't do body kit, but I really wanna do this front bumper because the only thing I don't like about my car now is the front bumper and the LECS seems to be the best looking replacement. However, i am worried about how it will look with the rest of the car, and if you can really tell that the front bumper is lower than the rest of the car...I don't want it to end up looking like a cheap ricey type of mod!
Old 07-23-01, 05:35 PM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nanotech, I believe this front bumper could be a very nice replacement of the factorys one. it would look nice with even the stock side skirts, so you don't have to worry too much there ^^
Old 07-23-01, 08:23 PM
nanotech
Lexus Test Driver

How much lower is it than the stock front bumper?

Like I said, the reason I can't lower my car or put a body kit is because it scrapes sometimes already on the bottom of the bumpers, so this can't be too much lower than the stock front bumper....if I don't like the way it looks would Hiro give me my money back? I have never dealt with him before (but he sure does have a good looking GS).

Also, since my stock bumper scrapes sometimes, ofcourse this one would too, so it needs to be durable...do you think it will be able to hold one or two scrapes from the bottom per month? I don't want it to crack....someone said that its made from the exact same material the stock front bumper is made of....so I guess it should be ok since my stock front bumper is VERY durable and shows very little signs of even scrathes on the bottom of the bumper...

Lastly, how much will this cost me?
Old 07-23-01, 11:03 PM
msray
Pole Position

Default i live in SB also

if you want to take a look at my car hit me up with an email. I have 18" Volk av3's on eibach springs.

Mike
mikeray_2000@yahoo.com

Old 07-25-01, 04:32 PM
concepts
Driver

I got my L tuned kit on my 1998 and i am "NOT HAPPY" with the paint match (SILVER), it is WAY OFF. About 2-3 shades different and my car is GARAGE KEPT! The Ltuned kit is a very deep gray, while my car is a metallic silver.

Old 07-25-01, 08:57 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by concepts
I got my L tuned kit on my 1998 and i am "NOT HAPPY" with the paint match (SILVER), it is WAY OFF. About 2-3 shades different and my car is GARAGE KEPT! The Ltuned kit is a very deep gray, while my car is a metallic silver.

WHAT?! I was planning to get the l-tuned grill prepainted Did you get it from steve? If so, did you tell him?
Old 07-26-01, 02:57 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

The reason MIGHT be because the body kit might be MILLENIUM SILVER (00 and 01) and I think the 98's and 99's are ALPINE SILVER...

Also, just to let you know, Silver is a VERY VERY hard color to match...if you decide to get the body kit repainted to match, I suggest going to a GOOD body shop (like 20/20, PJB, Exclusive, etc.)

Quick Reply: my Ltuned aero kits