GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

my first -- i gave my keys to valet....

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-05, 01:45 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

hahahaa you guys are funny it seems like the purpose of this thread is served! wanted to have something fun to share with you guys rather than another what-to-get thread

believe me guys, was scared as hell too when i handed over the keys. it's almost like kissing the car goodbye

but i think probably since this is such a high-end resort, they "know" how to drive the car. i mean, when i arrived, there was a lotus, a cls55, and a m5. and you see exotic cars there from time to time anyway. usualy when normal people drives my car, they step on it and the first thing is the tires will chirp and surge forward (coz' of my lsd and tc). but the guy actually rolled away slowly and smoothly.

and here's another tip guys, put some exhaust on your car and stay at the hotel doorway for a min. i saw him drove the car to the parking lot and didn't hear my exhaust roaring that's a good sign

and yup, i definitely tipped him well, they respected my car and i fully respect them
Old 10-24-05, 01:47 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by LXOGOOD
Henry, you are a big risk taker my friend... I did valet once and before my g/f and I could even walk inside the hotel, the valet guy punches the throttle, chirps my tires and takes off. Once we checked into our room, I called the valet service and filed a complaint with the supervisor. I was soooo pissed man. The worst part about was that the supervisor kept asking me if I got the name of the guy driving my car. lol

Anyway, congrats on having a good time at the resort. A bigger congrats on getting your car back in one piece. No curb rashes or scuff marks on the bumper.
man that's scary! i would be pissed too if i saw that done to my car.

i tried to be polite and not checked my car down to the last hair in front of the valet, that's like super no trust to them, so i only took a quick look around to make sure there is no make-me-scream errors and then i drove off to the side of the building and did a careful walk around

it's funny coz' i actually looked at my wife and said "umm, maybe we can come here again later to enjoy"
Old 10-24-05, 01:49 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by markgs4
My best friend is a valet manager over there at the Moana....the stories he has about some of their valet's are scary...but for the most part, he says they treat the cars really good with the exception of rude guest that pull up arrogant and snobby....I guess those guests get the "extra special" attention if you know what i mean...
totally mark. the way i see it, driving in a nice car is one thing, but valets are still people and unless they do something wrong, they deserve some respect. driving nice cars don't mean you are the bomb, so i hate people driving up, acting like they are whatever and yelled at the valet to park carefully. ask nicely
Old 10-24-05, 01:50 PM
Agent$mith
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Lol. Rominl I was looking for a bad experience when I read your title. I got my front end scraped cuz of valet. I never use them anymore if I can avoid it.
Old 10-24-05, 03:24 PM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vicestan
i walked around the car to make sure they didn't curb any of the wheel or put on any scratches, not even scrapping my body kits. surprised! i tipped him and said thanks and rolled away, again with people staring at my car

if you read it more carifully you would see that he did : )
I missed that. After a more careful review I see that you did!
Old 10-24-05, 04:26 PM
e-man
Lead Lap

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Okay Henry. That's a big step. But here's the real question. How many times did you think about your car while you were inside the hotel?

e
Old 10-24-05, 05:53 PM
Pavel
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow you got lucky there...a friend of mine parked his M5 at the Westin hotel, the next day when he picked up the car, it had 1/4 tank left (came in with 1/2) and a day later he noticed that his brand new 20" HRE's have been scratched. Another time when he left the car at one of the high-end bars, the car got keyed at their garage. After seeing his experience I will never leave my car at valet.

Glad to hear your car is fine and compliments you received (they definately make you smile on the inside)
Old 10-24-05, 07:13 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,429 Likes on 1,592 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
the way i see it, driving in a nice car is one thing, but valets are still people and unless they do something wrong, they deserve some respect. driving nice cars don't mean you are the bomb, so i hate people driving up, acting like they are whatever and yelled at the valet to park carefully. ask nicely
way to go Henry. It's always possible you could get a 'bad' valet, but the Ritz Carlton hotel chain has an EXCELLENT reputation (particularly for constant employee training) so it's good to 'lighten up' once in a while. Plus it's kind nice to be able to just get out at the curb and walk in.

I confess I don't usually give me car to a valet at places, but if I was at as nice a place as you were, I'd have no problem doing that.
Old 10-24-05, 07:28 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My friend took my car to the St. Regis hotel this weekend. He Tipped the guy about 10 bucks to park it up front. The dude straight up parked it in the back. haha Took his tip and ran.. My GS wasnt worthy of parking next to the $200k+ Lambos Farrari and Phantoms that are up front.

Car came back without a scratch but my friend said for some reason my EDFC was on a different Preset
Old 10-24-05, 09:16 PM
SRK
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some valets are human after all.
The son of a friend of mine drives up to the best hotel in Vancouver, in his tatty old 1974 POS Volvo 142 and jumps out with his girlfriend. The much older valet comes up and takes his keys, but the son needs to get into the trunk first. He struggles with the key in the old latch for a minute or so, until the valet says "Allow me to try sir." In a second he has popped the trunk, and then he turns to the son and says "I own a car just like this....."
Who would have thought that?
Old 10-24-05, 10:41 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by e-man
Okay Henry. That's a big step. But here's the real question. How many times did you think about your car while you were inside the hotel?

e
hahaa, to be honest, NONE. i really didn't think about my car at all. it was a done deal, if anything happened it would have happened. i guess age has really caught up to me heck, if anything bad happened maybe it was a good excuse for my new car

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
way to go Henry. It's always possible you could get a 'bad' valet, but the Ritz Carlton hotel chain has an EXCELLENT reputation (particularly for constant employee training) so it's good to 'lighten up' once in a while. Plus it's kind nice to be able to just get out at the curb and walk in.

I confess I don't usually give me car to a valet at places, but if I was at as nice a place as you were, I'd have no problem doing that.
for sure, paul. the location definitely matters. at least i ddn't just balantly gave my keys to someone, it was a good calculated risk i guess, hahaha...... especially for restaurants, i really don't see myself doing valet parking

Originally Posted by mikal
My friend took my car to the St. Regis hotel this weekend. He Tipped the guy about 10 bucks to park it up front. The dude straight up parked it in the back. haha Took his tip and ran.. My GS wasnt worthy of parking next to the $200k+ Lambos Farrari and Phantoms that are up front.

Car came back without a scratch but my friend said for some reason my EDFC was on a different Preset
mike, you are right on. i thought about pulling a 20 and ask for a space up front, i can and will pay that. but as soon as i saw those m5 and lotus, i was like probably they gave the valet guy 100