GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)
View Poll Results: How many of you do a double take of your ride while walking away in the parking lot?
I do!
85.59%
I don't!
0.85%
Every now and then...
13.56%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

How many of you do a double take of your ride while walking away in the parking lot?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-05, 07:44 PM
GWELEX
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Every time without hesitation. The car is still too new me and I just can't seem to get enough of it. As a matter of fact, I park a fair distance away from my destination just so I can walk towards it and enjoy the view!

Last edited by GWELEX; 10-27-05 at 06:09 AM.
Old 10-26-05, 08:58 PM
GSXLEX
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn..and all this time I thought it was me being weird..Glad to know Im among fellow wierdos!!And I allways park at the end.My fiance laughs about it now especially after the comercial we saw where the guy parks 300 feet from everyone else and the guy in the bucket pulls right next to him,in and out a couple times and dings his door.. Rule of thumb..If you gotta park next to someone else..find a Benz,Bimmer etc..
Old 10-26-05, 10:21 PM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Neo
Yeah. WTF is that all about. They do this and there is ALL THESE OTHER SPACES around that area too. They could have parked 1, 2, 3, ... spaces over or across. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

The few times I take the time to park away from everything, this always happens.
its the same principle that applies to going to an empty movie theater, and sitting off to the left or right where noooooooooone else would sit, and some fools sit right in front of behind you...in an empty *** theater?!!! same thing....
Old 10-26-05, 10:55 PM
JyGS430
Pole Position

Originally Posted by markgs4
its the same principle that applies to going to an empty movie theater, and sitting off to the left or right where noooooooooone else would sit, and some fools sit right in front of behind you...in an empty *** theater?!!! same thing....
Mark, you're right...why do fools have to sit within a 2 person perimeter in an empty theater (I can understand if its a full house).

As for looking back, I do sometimes, esp. if the car has been shined up.

About parking, I do try looking for empty areas of a lot but sometimes it can't be helped (either the lot spaces are limited or you would need to park in another zip code). And like others if I was forced to park in between cars I would pick one w/ nice rides on both sides.
Old 10-27-05, 12:22 AM
FunGuy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

WHew... what a relief. My girlfriend isn't right. I am not retarded. 91% of people here on club lexus do the same thing as I. Wait a minute, Am i normal or are we all retardedly obscessed with our Lexus?
Old 10-27-05, 12:26 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by FunGuy
WHew... what a relief. My girlfriend isn't right. I am not retarded. 91% of people here on club lexus do the same thing as I. Wait a minute, Am i normal or are we all retardedly obscessed with our Lexus?
You should know by now that the members on CL are not typical Lexus owners.
Old 10-27-05, 12:27 AM
FunGuy
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LEXISM
looks good what tail is that

Everything on the rear is RMM.
Old 10-27-05, 03:41 AM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Oh yeah! I must take atleast 4-5 looks while leaving my car and sometimes I can't remember if I armed it due to 2nd nature and having to go back just to check it out and re-arm to make sure..LOL

It is so Funny that so many of us are exactly the same !!! I think I might be more **** than most of you guys! Ofcourse, I try not park in between cars but when I have no choice I try to park where somehow the 2 cars on my sides have parked further away OR that I try to get a corner space and that I can park extremely close to the curb and be 5 feet on the other side. I have even left resturants because I couldn't find a decent parking "Okay I'm not eating there!" LOL

Have you ever been to a mall and there was no spaces in the front or anywhere so you park way, way, way out and there was noone around? Well, I'm sure many of us do it all the time, but don't you hate it when you come out and you see a Honda parked next to you? The last time I did that I came out and a Scion the boxy one was right next to me,WTF?!

I'm kinda glad I don't drive my car on a daily basis- Because I'll probably be Stress out and have a heart attack!! as far as where I am from (Alabama) the parking scene here is "pretty ghetto" and that people have no courtesy or respect for other people's property and just right out hateful little hatters that will purposely damage you car. One of my co-workers just move here and she drives here Carrera daily and parked at a nice mall and only to come out to a torn top! The last time, I parked at this mall - I came to see my weatherstripping popped out like someone was trying to coat hangered my car! To bad they didn't know the glass seals pretty deep on a lexus.

Going back to parking, since its "very ghetto" in Alabama and most people just can't park or drive. I hate those people with huge SUV's that take a space and quarter and messes up the whole freakin roll. Anways- as far as here in my hometown- I don't give a flip, When I have to, I double park taking two-spaces and when at Resuturants that I know the owners - I VIP it right in the front! I made a rule of never taking my car to NightClubs or Bars - thats why I have my SUV or my G35 Coupe for. One of My ex-girlfriend had an NSX and she always parked in handicap spaces where ever and she never cared but she always borrowed her grandmas handicap decal - thats kinda ingenious. Thats not a bad idea, and I have done it myself but limiting myself to nightly entertainment spots where a handicap person wouldn't go. If I felt bad or not right about going to a place I would just drive my G35. Well, I had lost a date because of the "Parking" thing, but most people just don't care for their cars like we do.. My car is almost 7 years old and looks like its right off the showroom floor. And I'll do anything to keep it that way!
Old 10-27-05, 04:53 AM
STONER
Lexus Test Driver

definately guilty.
Old 10-27-05, 06:30 AM
vborder
Lead Lap

Fo sure....I even give myself a reason to go out of the house just to look at it....i even peek out of the window blinds....i feel like a peeping tom sometimes
Old 10-27-05, 07:43 AM
lostinthew
Driver

Default Yes, but does this bug you?

Yeah, I turn back to admire it, but does it bug anyone that the door lock/unlock beep is the same as a Camry's?

Am I a snob?
Old 10-27-05, 08:25 AM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by lostinthew
Yeah, I turn back to admire it, but does it bug anyone that the door lock/unlock beep is the same as a Camry's?

Am I a snob?

yea i noticed that too..it doesnt bother me really i think the beeping noise sounds kinda fancy lol anyone esle??
Old 10-27-05, 08:49 AM
BRADSGS4
Lead Lap

Cool Look Back!

Every time i walk away i look back.
Old 10-27-05, 10:07 AM
FunGuy
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Neo
You should know by now that the members on CL are not typical Lexus owners.
I guess that we all have this inate humanistic flaw. Oh well, at least our car rocks!

I have noticed that too, when I find a secluded parking spot at the mall or fitness club, there always ends up a rice rocket parked 2 feet away from me! They have the whole parking lot to park but the decide to park next to me to avoid door dings. It is never the driver I am worried about dinging our precious cars, its always the passengers which have no vehicle usually and is oblivious to what is around when swing that darn civic coupe door wide open.
Old 10-27-05, 10:40 AM
STONER
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tuddy
yea i noticed that too..it doesnt bother me really i think the beeping noise sounds kinda fancy lol anyone esle??
better than a honk from the horn. IMO

Quick Reply: How many of you do a double take of your ride while walking away in the parking lot?