GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)
View Poll Results: How many of you do a double take of your ride while walking away in the parking lot?
I do!
85.59%
I don't!
0.85%
Every now and then...
13.56%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

How many of you do a double take of your ride while walking away in the parking lot?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-05 | 01:54 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Wow, I have so many soulmates in ClubLexus. I love you guys. It's so nice to be understood. **sniff-sniff**

D2, that ish happens to me ALL the time. I'll park 40 yards from the nearest car, only to come out and find my car surrounded by cars. I mean, why right NEXT to me. At least give me a one-space park-free zone. DAMNNNN!!!!!

I always give that same respect to others. If I do want to invade your area, I'll at least give you a few park-free spots between us. Sheesh!
Old 10-27-05 | 03:10 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by STONER
better than a honk from the horn. IMO

hell yes .. the honk is so obnoxious
Old 10-27-05 | 03:12 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by markgs4
its the same principle that applies to going to an empty movie theater, and sitting off to the left or right where noooooooooone else would sit, and some fools sit right in front of behind you...in an empty *** theater?!!! same thing....

LOLOLOLOL im still laughing +1
Old 10-27-05 | 04:56 PM
AJ
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 10,000

Good to know i share my crazy-ness (or so they say) with ALOT of ppl But i do park most of the time between 2 crappy cars (campus parking is PACKED) i never did come back to see a ding or anything
Old 10-27-05 | 05:12 PM
Mattress
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CPALex
Every time. I turn back and say "Damn, that's a hot car!!"

My exact words...
sometimes its evena triple take

Allthough down here.. it always seems that the "Better looking cars" end up surrouding my ride.
i come out of a resturant or somthin-mall, what have you and damn, the benz and bimmer decided to park to the left and the right of me ... it the friggin B.F.E. of the parking lot.

the cool spot

Last edited by Mattress; 10-27-05 at 05:16 PM.
Old 10-27-05 | 06:19 PM
STONER
Lexus Test Driver

Maybe those not fortunate enough to own a Lexus want to know what it feels like to walk towards one... so that maybe just for one second they might know the glory of GS ownership and bathe in the rich sunshine that warms the soul as you step up and hit that keyfob.... (as long as you're within 8 feet or so)
Old 10-27-05 | 09:02 PM
e-man
Lead Lap

This is awesome. I gotta have my wife read this thread. She thinks I'm nuts with my parking habits. I don't know if her reading this will make her think I'm normal or that we're all nuts (probably the latter). Anyway, here are a few of my parking secrets:

(1) If I have to park between two cars, not only do I look for two nice cars (as stated above), but I make sure that neither car is a 2-door car. 4-door cars' doors are much smaller and lighter and don't get flung open as easily.

(2) If I can't find an end spot, I always try to seek out a spot next to a handicap reserved spot. Usually no one parks in the handicap spot, so it's like having an end spot.

(3) Lastly (and this really isn't a secret -- it's more of a tip), has anyone ever parked in an end spot and ended up damaging their car (where you wouldn't have damaged it if you had just parked in a normal spot)? This has to be the absolute worst feeling in the world. A few years ago at work (in my 98 with my 16s on), I was parking in an end spot and trying to get as far away as possible from the car next to me. I wasn't paying attention and ended up curbing my left rear wheel on the concrete curb. When it happened, I knew I did it and I kept saying to myself "Tell me you just didn't do that, tell me you just didn't do that, tell me you just didn't do that." Well, when I got out of my car, I saw that I did. What an idiot.
Old 10-27-05 | 09:40 PM
Neo
The One

Originally Posted by e-man
(3) Lastly (and this really isn't a secret -- it's more of a tip), has anyone ever parked in an end spot and ended up damaging their car (where you wouldn't have damaged it if you had just parked in a normal spot)? This has to be the absolute worst feeling in the world. A few years ago at work (in my 98 with my 16s on), I was parking in an end spot and trying to get as far away as possible from the car next to me. I wasn't paying attention and ended up curbing my left rear wheel on the concrete curb. When it happened, I knew I did it and I kept saying to myself "Tell me you just didn't do that, tell me you just didn't do that, tell me you just didn't do that." Well, when I got out of my car, I saw that I did. What an idiot.
Hate to say it but GUILTY.
Old 10-27-05 | 09:47 PM
Kharizma
Lexus Champion

guiLty~
Old 10-28-05 | 06:03 AM
JMgs300
Lead Lap

My girlfriend punches me in the arm every time im walking foward but my neck is spun all the way around looking at my car as we walk away haha!

She actually said the other day, "im going to take a pic of your car and put it on a tshirt and wear it so you will pay more attention to me!"

HAHA!
Old 10-28-05 | 07:14 AM
KevinGS
Pole Position

E-man, ditto to everything you said. I have the EXACT same thinking when looking for parking spots. The Art of Parking....way to break it down.

And, yes, I am guilty of 'curbin' the rim' too...but it's been awhile (like two cars ago). I've gotten good at remembering those curbs now, as I back out real slowly and carefully now. Having said that though, let me go find some wood to knock on.
Old 10-28-05 | 08:34 AM
Pavel
Rookie

I got another one for all of you :
Looking at your car's reflection in windows of buildings that are along the side of the road.

I do that all the time
Old 10-28-05 | 08:53 AM
sockfocks
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JMgs300
My girlfriend punches me in the arm every time im walking foward but my neck is spun all the way around looking at my car as we walk away haha!

She actually said the other day, "im going to take a pic of your car and put it on a tshirt and wear it so you will pay more attention to me!"

HAHA!
lmao..thats funny

but yeah...i'll drive around and find the widest spot, if i cant find one by itself. And I make sure my car is centered or a lil closer to the left, because I know someone is driving the car on the right and will open that door and hopefully the car on my left has no passenger...Plus walking is good for you...
Old 10-28-05 | 08:55 AM
sockfocks
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Pavel
Looking at your car's reflection in windows of buildings that are along the side of the road.

I do that all the time
damn..juss saw this post...GUILTY AS CHARGED...I juss need to take some pics of my car in motion...it looks lower when its in motion...
Old 10-28-05 | 03:40 PM
FunGuy
Lexus Test Driver

Wink

Originally Posted by Pavel

I do that all the time
You think that is bad? Everytime I drive past a shiney car or SUV I end up looking at my cars reflection! I love how my car looks when Its in motion! Its the only chance I get to see it in motion because I am always on the inside of the car. LOL

Quick Reply: How many of you do a double take of your ride while walking away in the parking lot?