GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Borla Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-01, 07:40 AM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

SICK: PLACE IT

As an update: I just called Zack, and the 4th order position (last unit still in stock) is still open, so Zack is waiting for your call.

I will call now and ask for position #5.

Thanks Dom for putting this all together. GREAT JOB.
Old 08-09-01, 09:38 AM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Default Placed about 1.5 hours ago

SICK, I almost snagged your order when I thought about how sweet these are going to sound! HA!

Alrighty, I just placed my confirmed order, and requested that I be one of the 'backorder' receivers and thought I'd pass along some info:

I should have the Borlas in about 2 weeks or so, as should everyone else who didn't claim one of the in-stock units. The untis will come from Borla to the Summit wharehouse, then right out the door via UPS to us.

Your credit card will be charged up front, not on the ship date, one of the requirements of the group buy.

They'll come UPS and you can ask that a signature not be required for delivery.

Again, Dominick, good job on putting this together.

I can't wait to hear the sweet growl of the V8!!!
Old 08-09-01, 09:40 AM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Talking Order Details

SICK, I almost snagged your order when I thought about how sweet these are going to sound! HA!

Alrighty, I placed my confirmed order ~ 1.5h ago, and requested that I be one of the 'backorder' receivers and thought I'd pass along some info:

I should have the Borlas in about 2 weeks or so, as should everyone else who didn't claim one of the in-stock units. The untis will come from Borla to the Summit wharehouse, then right out the door via UPS to us.

Your credit card will be charged up front, not on the ship date, one of the requirements of the group buy.

They'll come UPS and you can ask that a signature not be required for delivery.

Again, Dominick, good job on putting this together.

I can't wait to hear the sweet growl of the V8!!!
Old 08-09-01, 10:22 AM
Brian S
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dexter,

I'm happy to hear you'll be getting rid of those pea shooters.

Brian
Old 08-09-01, 11:50 AM
tancuan82
Rookie

Default HI

Sorry,
do we still have 9 people? I have to ask my Parents if they will let me get the borlas, i will tell you guys tomorrow for sure or not. OKay, sorry, i really want to help.

how much would it be if we get the 10th buyer?

alex
Old 08-09-01, 12:27 PM
Brian S
Lead Lap

Default Re: HI

Originally posted by tancuan82
Sorry,
do we still have 9 people? I have to ask my Parents if they will let me get the borlas, i will tell you guys tomorrow for sure or not. OKay, sorry, i really want to help.

how much would it be if we get the 10th buyer?
About $20 off their normal price of $406. $406 is a great price (best I've seen), but $388 is an excellent price. Even if you put your order in with less than 10 people, you're still getting $10 off. But PM dominick since he may be closing this out soon.

Brian

P.S. About the only person this isn't a good deal for is dominick. Somehow, I don't think $10 or $20 was worth all the the hair he lost setting this up.
Old 08-09-01, 01:03 PM
dominick
Rookie

just talked to zack, he'll wait until tomorrow for any last purchasers. looks like we may have 10 after all (tancuan82??)

so far six of us have called into him. still need marky, 1sicklex and i think mrhorse to call in. as far as zack's concerned he's already got the five buyers he needs to close this out at the first discount level which is what he'll do if everyone else including that 10th buyer dont call him by tomorrow. and remember he's eastern time so if youre west coast you really only have till noon tomorrow.

about the price, it probably wasnt really worth it for all my trouble. but that never really was my primary goal, more of a secondary benefit. what i thought was cool was getting to know other members and just the whole group effort thing with everybody cooperating for each others benefit. that's kind of rare nowadays especially in some of the other auto forums...
Old 08-09-01, 01:07 PM
MrHorse
Pole Position

Default Werd..

I second that.. It's not necessarily the $20 discount. Getting it organized, executing the purchases, talking with CL users.. It's cool. But it would be nice to get one more person!

BTW, I already called in my order.
Old 08-09-01, 03:47 PM
dominick
Rookie

sorry mrhorse you're right you placed your order a long time ago. when i talked to zack earlier today, the 3 outstanding were 1sicklex, marky, and dexter. if you've all called zack already please let us know.

then we'll just wait for tancuan28...
Old 08-09-01, 06:48 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

SICK,

I wan't pickin on you or anything, just letting you, and the rest of the group know that your 4th position was ready and waiting for you.

Dom, I got my confirmed (paid for) order in before lunch today. See above.

Its all good.
Old 08-09-01, 06:50 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

SICK,

I wasn't pickin on you or anything, just letting you, and the rest of the group know that your 4th position was ready and waiting for you.

Dom, I got my confirmed (paid for) order in before lunch today. See above.

Its all good. We just need the rest to pull the trigger tomorrow.
Old 08-10-01, 01:21 AM
tancuan82
Rookie

Talking Hey guys

HEY Guys,

guess what, I am IN, I talked to parents and they said OK, so i am in. hope i helped

Alex
Old 08-10-01, 06:54 AM
dominick
Rookie

that's great news tancuan82, please check your pm box for more information. you are the 10th buyer.

price for everyone: $388.99

if everyone calls their payment into summit TODAY that is.
Old 08-10-01, 08:20 AM
dominick
Rookie

ok this may be my last official post on this while the buy is still open. it's gotten to be alot towards the end and people are waiting so here's what i'll do.

tancuan82 may not be ready to pay until sometime after today. others in the buy havent called into summit.

that's fine. i'll call zack and tell him to execute all confirmed purchases at the prevailing price TODAY. everyone who hasnt called in will be on their own.

unless i hear from all three of the rush buyers BY NOON sf time that say they can wait til maybe monday, this buy will conclude at the end of the day. the rush buyers should receive their orders next week.

thanks for everyones participation.
Old 08-10-01, 10:12 AM
dominick
Rookie

thanks 1sicklex. this is news to me. last i talked with zack he said said to call him today, maybe he called in sick?

anyway i know they're closed on the weekend so we'll have to wrap this up next week. those of you in a rush i think you'll still be ok.

tancuan82 looks like you got an extension.

Quick Reply: Borla Group Buy